PDA

View Full Version : Sit-up Improvement

ElDiablo
03-09-07, 07:40 AM
Does anyone here have any techniques to improve sit-ups? Right now I can do 20 or so but really want to improve...any input would be appreciated...thanks.

PatriotGirl422
03-09-07, 07:45 AM
Are you talking about situps or crunches? For me, when I first started doing crunches, I could only get 65 or 70 in two minutes. I just forced myself to do as many as I could and within two weeks, i was able to do 100 in two minutes. I now make myself do 300-400 a day. It gets really easy (not to mention that you get a six pack really quick). So, i guess the best way to improve is to simply keep doing it until you can't do it anymore.

ElDiablo
03-09-07, 09:05 AM
Thanks...kinda slow at the moment hoping to pick it up a little....again thanks. Any other tricks or tips?

PerXes
03-09-07, 10:39 AM
I do bicycle crunches. Also, I hear leg lifts while on a pullup bar are effective as well.

ElDiablo
03-09-07, 10:53 AM
Bicycle crunches? How do you do those? I forgot about leg lifts while on the pullup bar...my dad told me about those awhile back. Thanks and anything else from anybody else would be appreciated.Thanks again.

Marinewannabe15
03-09-07, 10:58 AM
I put weight on my stomach(around 45 pounds) then do a hundred or so no stopping with out a time limit. then my timed crunches go up quite a bit

ElDiablo
03-09-07, 11:08 AM
What do you mean by weight? Like weights for bench pressing...or something else?

PerXes
03-09-07, 12:03 PM
You lay on your back with your arms behind your head, knees up and bent, and when you crunch up you stick one leg straight out, and when you go down you bring it back. Then do the other leg, and that's 1. It's a favorite of Drill Instructors for killing recruits.

ElDiablo
03-09-07, 12:18 PM
Wow...i guess you learn something new everyday...thanks again...probably try it tonight.

Achped
03-09-07, 02:26 PM
You lay on your back with your arms behind your head, knees up and bent, and when you crunch up you stick one leg straight out, and when you go down you bring it back. Then do the other leg, and that's 1. It's a favorite of Drill Instructors for killing recruits.

Holy....

I consider myself pretty gifted with ab workouts, I can hold my feet at six inches for a really long time, even after doing 3 max sets of crunches, leg lifts, hello dollies,etc.

But I just did 3 sets of those and I was like....uhhhhhhhh

Better get working. :no:

bigfoot1188
03-09-07, 05:15 PM
my coach showed me a good sit up technique but it get s hard soo you have to start slow and work your way up. first you balance you self on your lower back with your legs 6 inches in the air. then you bring you knees and chest to gether.

Marinewannabe15
03-09-07, 07:43 PM
what i meant was put weight on your stomach and do crunches like that. good way!