PDA

View Full Version : Anti-war protesters arrested high above freeway

Sgt Sostand
02-19-03, 07:15 AM
2/18/03) — Anti-war protests in Houston are growing in number and intensity. If you traveled on the Southwest Freeway Tuesday morning, you may have found yourself trapped in traffic because of one....

NamGrunt68
02-19-03, 07:42 AM
ARRESTED ??? What a waste of a prime Target Enriched Environment !! Damn !!

SHOOTER1
02-19-03, 08:45 PM
They did the same thing in Seattle, cept they erected a Pyamid out of steel pipes and hung out over the freeway, during eve. work traffic, needless to say the Washington State Troopers didnt seem to appriciate the gestures, neither did the 2000 workers trying to git home that nite,, some were arrested , however as was stated above, what a waste of prime targets, our Marines could have had live fire training.

tkuhr
02-19-03, 10:35 PM
C'mon, c'mon!
You shoot them, it's over. Where are OJ's lawyers when you need them? With a little bit of creativity, the protestors who caused/contributed to property damage (fender-benders) could spend a whole bunch of time and money paying off law suits. Excuse me, this sounds like a deliberate and conscious attempt to disrupt everyday activity, almost bordering on terrorism - Hey! they could have expressed their opinion with a banner on the side of the road and not distracted drivers (already distracted by cell-phones, make-up and battery powered shavers). Then again, that might be actionable too; maybe we should find the a-holes who sued Mc'ds for hot coffee.
Now, I like Thoreau, but I thought the right to dissent ended when someone's fist came near the end of someone's nose (O. W. Holmes?). Street-Theatre is not show, it is action and should be treated as such. You buy trouble, you pay for it! (Saddam, you listening?) These people deliberately caused a problem with bad results - they should deal with it. I doubt they had a permit. Next time they can waste their money going to Washington to protest leagally.