PDA

View Full Version : Would it be wise?

Bullrider
03-07-07, 11:11 PM
Would it be wise to go to a technical school( Aviation Mechanic) and learn all you can while there and then join the Marine Corps. Or is better to join the Marine Corps and hope you get the MOS( either way I suppose) and then go from there. I am asking this because I know they are different types of aircrafts but the dynamics are just the same.

Echo_Four_Bravo
03-07-07, 11:14 PM
Just enlist and let them teach you. Learning at a tech school before hand may teach you things differently than the Marine Corps wants you to do things. And, there is no way to know what exact MOS you will have, so you may spend your time learning about stuff that won't matter to you.

The Marine Corps knows what it is doing. You will be trained quite well.

YLDNDN6
03-08-07, 07:17 AM
I have to go with E4B here. The Corps trains each of us to do a job exactly the way it wants the job done. Any deviation from the training results in disorder and possibly tragedy. It is always best to not have habits that might take over for your actual training, in any field. As an example of a recruit's experience and training not having anything to do with what MOS he/she gets, I walked into the recruiters office speaking 5 languages, passed the DLAB and was put into 2621 field (manual morse intercept operator). Go figure...Anyway, it was all about the mission...keep that in mind.