PDA

View Full Version : Ankle tape

Brian F
03-07-07, 02:24 PM
Hey i figured out that i probably won't need shoe inserts in bootcamp. However my entire problem can be solved by taping my ankle up with some $2 sports tape found at any store. I know this because my ankles hurt after a 1 mile run but I ran 4 miles and my feet didnt hurt at all when they were taped up. Now my question is... can i get this in bootcamp, its re-usable, or could i get it mailed by family?

killerinstinct
03-07-07, 02:37 PM
best bet is to get a chit from the docs once in bootcamp i think they do have tape but if you have time to put it on is a different story. There is always ways around stuff but getting a chit from one of the corpsman to let you use it is the best bet to go

Brian F
03-07-07, 04:32 PM
Hey I appreciate that, I've gotten so i can put it on in under a minute so I'll double time it when im down there. So if I have it there then it shouldn't be a problem at all.

sgt tony
03-07-07, 11:30 PM
have you tried running in boots? This is the most of the time. Do you have bad ankels or arches? If you tell them that you can not with out tape then you might as well stay home.
Its not easy but the boots make a big difference. It is sure worth the try.

Adam1988
03-08-07, 02:05 AM
theres some nice shoe inserts to buy at the px

if you cant run more than a mile without your ankle killing you boot camp may not be the place for you until you get it taken care of

Echo_Four_Bravo
03-08-07, 01:54 PM
A minute is an eternity in boot camp. You will have a matter of seconds to be in your PT gear and ready to go. Unless the docs at MCRD tell you that you can use the tape, it isn't going to happen. You really need to get the problem taken care of before you head to boot camp.

Allen870922
03-08-07, 02:06 PM
They'll figure out if you need inserts when you get to boot camp. They have you stand barefoot on some box.

But anyways, not sure about the tape. As was said though, if a corpman says you can then you can. But being able to get it on is a different question. Unless you decide to put it on during the middle of the night when you are in the rack. Thats probably the only time you will be able to do it. Then after PT you take off all your trash while being counted down and then you wagon wheel into the head. I'm not sure if you would be able to get it off in time without ****ing off your DI and causing the platoon to play Dress and undress.