PDA

View Full Version : Please dont get me wrong in this BUT...

Ravinloft11388
03-07-07, 02:13 PM
I am scheduled to leave june 5th 2007. <br />
<br />
I think i rushed into the marine corp. i think it was an emotional impulse that i jumped on. I in NO WAY disrespect or hate the Marine corp or anything...

Christ0ph
03-07-07, 02:25 PM
Military experience helps when trying to get into Law Enforcement. I say go and do it, why not?

David Jameson
03-07-07, 02:29 PM
Huh

devildoghopeful
03-07-07, 02:30 PM
I'm in no way an expert on this, I'm just a wannabe, but if my 2 cents is welcome then I'll give it.

You have two options, 1. Back out. I'm not sure but I don't think that the Corps would be too happy to just let you come crawling back after you screwed them the first time. Option 2. Go to bootcamp and give EVERYTHING you have and more. If you graduate, you'll hold the title of MARINE. After your 1st enlistment, if you want out, you'll probably be more qualified for law enforcement having spent time in the Corps.

My advice is to join the Marines, but bear in mind that if you do decide to ship to bootcamp, your motivation is gonna have to be higher than this!

Good luck bro

JohnWayne
03-07-07, 03:16 PM
"With the situation in Iran and Afganhasitan(spelt wrong)"
I don't mean to be a dick or anything, but I wouldn't trust a guy with a gun if he doesn't even know what country is being invaded. Iraq and Afghanistan. We can only hope your name Borat, and your ingalish she verry good, yes?

"if you do decide to ship to bootcamp, your motivation is gonna have to be higher than this!"
I agree. Your general attitude has to be pretty high, so the instructors can have the pleasure of breaking you down and ****ting you out.

Ravinloft11388
03-07-07, 03:28 PM
ok...wasnt going to be a jerk till you railed me. Read the news much? IRAN not Iraq is the new current threat..do some research and youll see that war with Iran is imminent. And Afghanistan is fixing to rise back up again. Also noting that if IRAN and the US goes to war Russia will be in there somewhere. Sooooo read some news before you try to rail me asshat.

Secondly, thanks for the moto posts but they answer the question i asked noone to answer. I KNOW or have heard already what you people wasted your time typing. My question is "Will i be able to attempt to join again if later on i decide it was what i wanted to do?"

Read thoroughly and do your research before you try to bash me again.

hump_drop
03-07-07, 03:41 PM
Ask your recruiter :cry: :cry: :cry:

JohnWayne
03-07-07, 03:46 PM
ok...wasnt going to be a jerk till you railed me. Read the news much? IRAN not Iraq is the new current threat..do some research and youll see that war with Iran is imminent. And Afghanistan is fixing to rise back up again. Also noting that if IRAN and the US goes to war Russia will be in there somewhere. Sooooo read some news before you try to rail me asshat.

As much as Israel would appreciate attacking every Arab country, the U.S. doesn't have the funding or the man power unless you think it's time to go nuclear.

rktect3j
03-07-07, 03:49 PM
Don't buy the spin.

DWG
03-07-07, 03:53 PM
If you are having this much doubt now-STAY HOME!! :cry: Don't waste the Corps time and money. You can flip burgers until you're 21, which is the age limit for cops down here. If you have not signed your contract and been sworn in you can back out and I doubt anything will be said. Your paperwork will probably hit file 13 (the former recruiters on this forum can probaly answer that). But if you don't have the balls for the Corps, I doubt you will do very well on Parramore Street in the middle of a Sat. night!
:evilgrin:

davecerami275
03-07-07, 04:01 PM
Dont ask what you're country can do for you.

Ask what YOU can do for your country

devildoghopeful
03-07-07, 04:10 PM
Amen Cpl!

BrentAndrew
03-07-07, 04:15 PM
Ok.. I'm taking a different approach here! I'm guessing you "jumped in" because its something that really struck you. right? Now have you ever done something in your life and then backed down. Then gone Shiit why did i do that? You never know til you try. I'd rather know!

Trust me, I have fought back and forth a few times with myself on the issue. Half of this board probably did, its normal. If you didn't see other options out there and weigh them out you probably aren't very intelligent or didn't have any other options. No offense to any LE's officers on the board here, but most people can do that. Not everyone can be a Marine.

Now the other half, last time I checked the Marines fought wars! No? What do you expect when you sign up! Remember "We don't promise you a rose garden"(quoted from a Marine on here)

Marine Kane
03-07-07, 04:20 PM
I am scheduled to leave june 5th 2007.

I think i rushed into the marine corp. i think it was an emotional impulse that i jumped on. I in NO WAY disrespect or hate the Marine corp or anything about it, but i do not feel it is for me. With the situation in Iran and Afganhasitan(spelt wrong) i feel like i should be the other place i wanted to go and thats law enforcement.

If you aren't willing to run to the sound of the guns as a Marine, what makes you think you would do it as a cop?

Ravinloft11388
03-07-07, 04:22 PM
If you are having this much doubt now-STAY HOME!! :cry: Don't waste the Corps time and money. You can flip burgers until you're 21, which is the age limit for cops down here. If you have not signed your contract and been sworn in you can back out and I doubt anything will be said. Your paperwork will probably hit file 13 (the former recruiters on this forum can probaly answer that). But if you don't have the balls for the Corps, I doubt you will do very well on Parramore Street in the middle of a Sat. night!
:evilgrin:

With all due respect Sir, Firstly the age limit for cops is NOT 21. If your 19 by the time the acedemy class your in graduates your good to go. Secondly im not backing down because im "scared" to fight. My reasons are my own but i assure you, thats not one of them. I also said that i knew i could back out. Again i will state my question since so far noone has answered it. IF I BACK OUT NOW AM I UNABLE TO ATTEMPT TO JOIN AGAIN LATER? I need that question answered and nothing else. So again i say read thoroughly and make sure you know what your saying before you say it. Thank you.

Ravinloft11388
03-07-07, 04:23 PM
And as a rebuttle to this whole "If you cant make it as a Marine what makes you think you can do it as a cop?" Is the Marine ?orp not HARDER then being a cop? Not only that but i do not have to justify my motives, means, opinions or anything else. I simply want a question answered.

Ravinloft11388
03-07-07, 04:32 PM
So i will still be able to attempt to join if i back out now?

hump_drop
03-07-07, 04:33 PM
Go ask your recruiter. Tell him what's up.

BrentAndrew
03-07-07, 04:34 PM
Well, you come here asking... so naturally people are going to ask your motives. you can't just simply answer a question without knowing the WHOLE situation. Everything could change with one little tidbit you kindly left out! ya know?

Yes, you can get out of DEP and get back into the Corps. No dep the next time you ship when they want you to and you may not get things you want. Like right now you may be elgible for the college fund or a shipping bonus. Next time they won't be so nice.

sabbs88
03-07-07, 04:35 PM
So i will still be able to attempt to join if i back out now?

yea you probably will, but they will be a little skeptical. i wouldnt be surprised if the recruiters dont want you back. they spent all this time and paperwork on you and you dicked them over and i dont think they want that to happen the second time.

id rather hire a Marine than some guy who went to college for a law enforcement job anyday.

my 4 cents.

Ravinloft11388
03-07-07, 04:37 PM
thank you brentandrew and sabbs88.

sabbs88
03-07-07, 04:40 PM
thank you brentandrew and sabbs88.

no problem, i just something about this somewhere a while ago. a recruiter spends hours on paperwork and uses a lot of his time on you and for you to back out will make him ****ed. thats why i wouldnt be surprised if he doesnt like you when you come back or something lol.

BrentAndrew
03-07-07, 04:43 PM
hey man thats what poolee hall is for!

I just ask you think hard ya know? talk to someone maybe? possibly several!

In the end its your decision and your life remember that.

Marine Kane
03-07-07, 04:50 PM
Here's my 4 cents. If the current situation in Afghanistan and Iraq are making you doubt your decision to enlist, then don't bother coming back in a year or two. What makes you think that if you do enlist again, that we won't invade some place ****tier than we are in right now? Furthermore, if you are unwilling to put your life on the line in the Marines, why would you be more willing to put your life on the line in LE?

If you don't want to go to Iraq or Afghanistan, fine. You're just like 99% of the world. But if that's why you want to "delay" your enlistment, then I don't see how going in at all would be a good idea.

Since I'm in a good mood though, I'll even use google to help you get out.
http://usmilitary.about.com/cs/generalinfo/a/getout.htm

JohnWayne
03-07-07, 05:35 PM
Since I'm in a good mood though, I'll even use google to help you get out.
http://usmilitary.about.com/cs/generalinfo/a/getout.htm

That article says basicly what my so-called incorrect earlier post told you. A contract is a contract. Once you're in you've got to go till the end. "In" meaning at Basic. If you "quit" you can be fined or even go to jail. I would imagine it much like deserting. So, if you terminate the contract before it begins effect, you could have the option of enlisting again in the future. I hope that can clearify/help you in any way.

DWG
03-07-07, 05:40 PM
Good post Kane. Basically that is what every one here has tried to tell him. You enlist in the Corps and do what you are told; you don't pick your fights. Apparently you want someone to hold your hand and say, there, there, it's OK, we'll be here when YOU decide you think it's a good time for YOU to go. If you don't have the sense to ask your own recruiter, and at least give him a heads up that he may be short a recruit, then call out of town and ask under an assumed name. Your attitude strikes me as a whiner who won't make it through first phase anyway. Like I said; save the Corps the time and money; you probably won't make it through police academy either. You might want some input from a LOT of Marines on this forum that are also cops about how much easier it is to be a cop than a Jarhead!

Marine Kane
03-07-07, 05:40 PM
That article says basicly what my so-called incorrect earlier post told you. A contract is a contract. Once you're in you've got to go till the end. "In" meaning at Basic. If you "quit" you can be fined or even go to jail. I would imagine it much like deserting. So, if you terminate the contract before it begins effect, you could have the option of enlisting again in the future. I hope that can clearify/help you in any way.

Oops, posted the wrong link. Meant to use this one.

http://usmilitary.about.com/cs/joiningup/a/dep_2.htm

JohnWayne
03-07-07, 05:48 PM
Oops, posted the wrong link. Meant to use this one.

http://usmilitary.about.com/cs/joiningup/a/dep_2.htm

Well Sir, I think he has his options now;

-Go and become a Marine.
-Pussy-out before Basic.
-Pussy-out during Basic or service and go to jail (checked the information package for this one.)
-Go be a cop, get some years on you, have a harder time in the future if you want to join.

BrentAndrew
03-07-07, 06:13 PM
Well Sir, I think he has his options now;

-Go and become a Marine.
-Pussy-out before Basic.
-Pussy-out during Basic or service and go to jail (checked the information package for this one.)
-Go be a cop, get some years on you, have a harder time in the future if you want to join.
Well, its not basic so fix yourself. Unfortunately, there are ways around going to jail and you can get outa boot. Although suicide threats aren't the best idea ever.

Ravinloft11388
03-07-07, 06:41 PM
I hope you realize that what you think or say only makes me realize how ****ing stupid some people can be. A person asks a question on a Q&A forum and you berate him for his decisions in life. Great ****ing job. For the guy who posted the google links, i thank you, even though you were a little harsh in your words you provided the info, again thank you. John Wayne, Lick my chode. D W George, As a marine i would expect more. Someone younger then you that may follow in your shoes asks a question or advice and you berate him. Your high and mighty ass should be an example. So to the two of you i say "I hope both your cars explode this evening and you listen to the screams of your children as you unfortunatly die slower then them."
Block me, Ban me i dont care. I dont want to be part of a forum that supports asshats that are only here to throw around insulting opinions to make themselves feel bigger.

Soon2BeVIP
03-07-07, 06:50 PM
You basically got most of your answers, but just to make sure you have a less negative response I thought I'd post. I know what your saying about this whole not feeling its right for you. I've def felt that. Not like you joined thinking you wouldn't do it, just the whole glory and excitement of it first showed up before the practical "is it right for me" kind of feeling came. I think if your feeling its not for you, you shouldn't go. I know you feel like you'll lose a lot of respect if you don't go, but you can do a lot of other respectable things with your life. As you probably have researched on the GI Rights Hotline and stuff online...as a poolee you can get out pretty easy. When it comes to the future they may be ****ed at you, but theres always new recruiters and a lot are willing to work it out for you anyways. Let me know what you end up doing

BrentAndrew
03-07-07, 06:51 PM
I hope you realize that what you think or say only makes me realize how ****ing stupid some people can be.
And this is directed at whom?

Either way, good luck to ya!

Soon2BeVIP
03-07-07, 06:55 PM
well he finally flippped...but you guys were being rude. oh well..i guess i posted for no reason

BrentAndrew
03-07-07, 06:56 PM
I didnt think I was rude!?!:scared:

Soon2BeVIP
03-07-07, 06:58 PM
well not you obviously...you and one other person were fine

BrentAndrew
03-07-07, 07:00 PM
yea, I've been there done that; I could relate.

Christ0ph
03-07-07, 07:22 PM
ravinloft, you're a tool. I never understand the posters that come on here then get really hostile so easily. Reminds me of white trash kids that love to get in fights -_-

PatriotGirl422
03-07-07, 07:22 PM
I'm no Marine yet, but from what I've experienced, I think you might want to rethink going to boot anytime soon if you're having trouble dealing with a little constructive criticism on the forums. That's not meant as an insult, just an observation.

Soon2BeVIP
03-07-07, 07:25 PM
Reminds me of white trash kids that love to get in fights -_-
....haha and the oldest poolee just showed he is not necessarily the most mature poolee

poolee18
03-07-07, 07:27 PM
do both.

Marine84
03-07-07, 07:34 PM
If NONE of you can handle the way a Marine talks to ANY of you in here, you DAMNED sure ain't gonna make through Receiving week! If you've read the rules that have been posted FOR you - you would know you don't rate SQUAT in here and disrespect towards a Marine (which I've seen a lot of in here) WILL NOT be tolerated.

Any of you that are having second thoughts about joining - you better make sure this is something you just GOT TO have! You can't join in on the game and then bail when you get tired of playing (well, you can but, I think jail time comes with it). It's normal to have second thoughts because it's the fear of the unknown and you WILL get scared $h!tless when you get to MCRD. You HAVE to have the Honor and the Courage to make the Commitment - if you ain't got it in you, don't go.

CJA
03-07-07, 07:41 PM
Ravin, you're a joke.

You're lucky this isn't ************* forum you'd be banned in a second.

You don't have the discipline, nor respect (from what I've come to understand) to make it very far.. ESPECIALLY in boot camp.

Not that I've been through it, but I know an idiot when I "see" one.

Oh, and about Iran, we probably wont do a ground invasion of Iran ever, probably strictly air.

jinelson
03-07-07, 07:58 PM
Thanks Kim you took the words right out of my mouth OORAH!!!

Semper Fi

Jim

Dzoavits
03-07-07, 08:06 PM
I hope you realize that what you think or say only makes me realize how ****ing stupid some people can be. A person asks a question on a Q&A forum and you berate him for his decisions in life. Great ****ing job. For the guy who posted the google links, i thank you, even though you were a little harsh in your words you provided the info, again thank you. John Wayne, Lick my chode. D W George, As a marine i would expect more. Someone younger then you that may follow in your shoes asks a question or advice and you berate him. Your high and mighty ass should be an example. So to the two of you i say "I hope both your cars explode this evening and you listen to the screams of your children as you unfortunatly die slower then them."
Block me, Ban me i dont care. I dont want to be part of a forum that supports asshats that are only here to throw around insulting opinions to make themselves feel bigger.
I don't know how to help you.... Your profile says you like to play World of Warcraft, maybe you should stop that... You have, from what I can see, a very antisocial personality. I think you should try and fix that. How? Try and do something that makes you feel good about yourself....If you follow through and ship to bootcamp and succeed in becoming a Marine... I bet you'd feel great and more secure with yourself. You wouldn't feel the need to lash out, because you would be comfortable with who you are.

So, please go to bootcamp, you could use it... more than we could use anymore cops that have an attitude like yours.

Don't be offended or discouraged, it's never too late to change.

Marinewannabe15
03-07-07, 08:32 PM
Ok...it seems to me that you are asking for advice and then never accepting it Raven. If you can't take a few people giving you a little crap here over the internet then how are you ever going to take it in boot camp?

DWG
03-07-07, 08:44 PM

I definitely think he is a good choice for the Corps!(NOT) He reads only what he wants and ignores the rest. If he has a recruiter (which I'm starting to doubt) he should be asking these questions of him! Everyone here answered his questions, over and over, but he refused to listen. I know what that sort of attitude used to get you in Boot, I don't think he would have liked the response he got there and from his posts I don't think he could handle MCRD. Hopefully they will also notice this in his pre-entry to law enforcement. This is a person who has a LOT of growing up to do before anyone issues him a weapon of any sort! BTW My children are older than you and have done their time LIKE MEN!!! Have a great day and don't forget to ask "would you like fries with that order?"
:thumbdown

slowrider
03-07-07, 08:46 PM
ravinloft, you're a tool. I never understand the posters that come on here then get really hostile so easily. Reminds me of white trash kids that love to get in fights -_-
Whats up with the "rasist" comment about white trash kids? Guess Jim needs to come in on this post.Kind of getting out of hand

DWG
03-07-07, 08:54 PM
Hey, I'm a(long time ago) "white trash kid"! You say it like it's a bad thing! :mad:

I'm getting outta the kiddy pool; getting too nasty for me!:scared:

:D

nitey, nite ravin!

Echo_Four_Bravo
03-07-07, 11:17 PM
Go away, we don't want you in our Corps. Clearly you're just scared- and that isn't good for anyone.

Don't go become a police officer either. They don't need a quitter or a chicken in their ranks any more than we do.

Echo_Four_Bravo
03-07-07, 11:20 PM
With all due respect Sir, Firstly the age limit for cops is NOT 21. If your 19 by the time the acedemy class your in graduates your good to go. Secondly im not backing down because im "scared" to fight. My reasons are my own but i assure you, thats not one of them. I also said that i knew i could back out. Again i will state my question since so far noone has answered it. IF I BACK OUT NOW AM I UNABLE TO ATTEMPT TO JOIN AGAIN LATER? I need that question answered and nothing else. So again i say read thoroughly and make sure you know what your saying before you say it. Thank you.

Wow, I wish I would have read this before my last post. Let me explain something- you don't rate to come here and tell anyone anything. You are not in a position to tell someone what to say. You can deny it all you want, you're scared. You don't pack the gear to be a Marine. It doesn't matter if you can try to join later or not---- you have do not belong in the military, much less the Marine Corps. Go get a job sitting behind a desk where you can't cause any problems with your fear.

Christ0ph
03-07-07, 11:41 PM
Whats up with the "rasist" comment about white trash kids? Guess Jim needs to come in on this post.Kind of getting out of hand

huh? Hey I'm white!

rvillac2
03-07-07, 11:45 PM
I agree with Ravin.
JohnWayne should lick his "chode." Whatever that is.
LOL.
Sgt. V

TheBiggness
03-08-07, 01:43 AM
I agree with Ravin.
JohnWayne should lick his "chode." Whatever that is.
LOL.
Sgt. V

LOL! I agree :D

YLDNDN6
03-08-07, 06:02 AM
I wouldn't advise any chode licking...I looked it up in the regs and it says that the licking of chode is reserved only for players of World of Warcraft or Wizards and Pansies, or something like that. I believe the only chode related functions that a poolee can be involved with are chode kicking and the striking of chode with hammers. Just trying to keep you guys out of trouble!!!

YLDNDN6
03-08-07, 06:05 AM
Also, if you look at Ravinloft's profile, you can get the picture immediately as to why he is now wanting to back out and stay home. Matching jackets and framed in the little wreath thing....the kid's got a POA he doesn't want to leave behind...give the poor guy a break......

BrentAndrew
03-08-07, 06:05 AM
I wouldn't advise any chode licking...I looked it up in the regs and it says that the licking of chode is reserved only for players of World of Warcraft or Wizards and Pansies, or something like that. I believe the only chode related functions that a poolee can be involved with are chode kicking and the striking of chode with hammers. Just trying to keep you guys out of trouble!!!

QUOTE OF THE MONTH RIGHT THERE!!!

On that note lets lock this thread because that says it all....

Soon2BeVIP
03-08-07, 06:17 AM
Well now that I just lot complete respect for this website...

BrentAndrew
03-08-07, 06:20 AM
little dramatic

USMCBOXER
03-08-07, 07:32 AM
863-294-7892 - Sgt. Coleman; USMC of Winterhaven, Fl.

That's allegedly his recruiter. I will be giving this Sgt. a call myself, and give him some insight into what a snot-nosed, whining, disrespectful, USMC-hating P.O.S. "Owen Castleman" a/k/a "Ravinloft11388" actually is. Already tried to call this morning, but that R.O. is not open yet. I'll try later on though, you can damn sure count on that. I'll let the good recruiter know just what type of individual he actually has on his hands with Owen Castleman. Owen is either trolling here, or he is a scared little boy who'd rather hold on to mommy's apronstrings. Worse, he's actually a threat and a liability to anyone he'd actually be serving with, assuming he even makes it out of receiving (which I doubt).

Owen, if you even come back here to read this, you'd better seriously get squared away damn fast, because you are not long in this world, let alone the Corps or law enforcement. You tell others in here to read/research...did you not have any insight into what was going on in the world prior to your "emotional rush" to enlist? Certainly you had to have some idea what was in store, yet now you have doubts? What a f'king joke.

YLDNDN6
03-08-07, 07:43 AM
Well said, Captain of Marines!!! As for calling his recruiter, I also wrote the number down, and copied/pasted his interactions with Marines on this site. Should the need arise, he will be dealt with swiftly and severely!

USMCBOXER
03-08-07, 07:44 AM
Well said, Captain of Marines!!! As for calling his recruiter, I also wrote the number down, and copied/pasted his interactions with Marines on this site. Should the need arise, he will be dealt with swiftly and severely!

:thumbup:

Ravinloft11388
03-08-07, 08:07 AM
You dont have to worry about it. Already IN contact with my recruiter and meeting him this morning. I had NO disrespect or disgruntles about the Marine Corp until a few of you and a Captain, took my question too far. You may have had some imaginary right as a Marine but its common sense and decency to not insult a person seeking your help. I also like how you compare a forum and Boot. I dont have much to say to the Captain other then, If you took what i said out of context I only apologize that i WENT OUT last night and was unable to check this quicker to correct the situation. Secondly World of warcraft...made this profile 4 months ago and at the time i was playing it. I Have not touched it since Jan 18th. Instead i have been PTing, Partying and getting ready for Boot which i need not worry anymore about. Think whatever you want about whoever you want but ALL respect for this website and its moderators has been lost. The Marine Corps was about more then being tough ass ****ers that devastate the world. At least i thought it was.

DWG
03-08-07, 08:09 AM
Bye bye! No loss!

Ravinloft11388
03-08-07, 08:09 AM
Also another thing Captain. All due respect, on what post did i ever make any USMC hating or whining comments? But alas you were right, i was NOT fully aware of the current global situations in this world. In that i was wrong.

Also a Chode is the part between your balls and your *******. Have a good day.

BrentAndrew
03-08-07, 08:12 AM
lol No my friend you are mistaken, that is called your taint! Not sure why i feel compelled to argue this point but i do.

devildoghopeful
03-08-07, 09:19 AM
Darn, I missed this whole thing! I hate time differences! I would have had a couple of things to say to this d***head if I'd stayed up long enough to see that post in response to BrentAndrew...

poolee18
03-08-07, 09:55 AM
Before i chose to enlist in the Marines I looked at the situation in Iraq and thought about joining for about two months then I decided I want to do something great for this country.

poolee18
03-08-07, 09:56 AM
Before I chose to enlist in the Marines I looked at the situation in Iraq and thought about joining for about two months then I decided I want to do something great for this country and earn the title Marine, there is nothing better in life than that.
(Had to edit the first one)

Marine84
03-08-07, 10:32 AM
HAHAHAHAHA! I'm glad I get email responses - this guy is a PUNK. I take it from the reply that he osted that he ain't going now (said he had been partying and PTing for the past few months and now he doesn't have to worry about it anymore).

WUSS!

DWG
03-08-07, 10:37 AM
I fear we may have lost the next Chesty Puller!:(

NOT!:D :D

yellowwing
03-08-07, 10:43 AM
For every disgruntled poolee we have over a dozen hard chargers. For that I am thankful to America and to every individual that is hell bent for leather to Earn The Title. <br />
<br />
Poolees that do graduate...

jinelson
03-08-07, 06:48 PM
by DW George - I fear we may have lost the next Chesty Puller!

Naw we didnt lose another Chesty, we lost another Smedley Butler!

Jim