PDA

View Full Version : 92 Day Reservist Program

benny5005
03-07-07, 12:19 AM
I was wondering if i could get alittle more info on the 92 day reservist program. My recuiter was telling me that the jobs are very limited in this deal. Also is it possible to be deployed after completing basic training, and if so what would happen as far as a job. Alright thank you.....Ben

rvillac2
03-07-07, 01:02 AM
The 92 day reservist program is designed for college students who want to concurrently serve in the Marine Corps. The idea is for them to spend one summer in Recruit Training and the following summer in your MOS school. In between the summers, you will report for duty 1 weekend a month. After your MOS school, you will return to your unit and continue to drill 1 weekend per month plus two weeks of active duty per year.

Only after you've completed MOS school will you be eligible to be activated and deployed with a reserve unit. Before then, if your unit gets deployed, you will remain behind on active reserve status.

The jobs are limited for this program because the Corps makes a committment to you that you will be able to return to class in the fall. This mean that your MOS school must fit within 92 days (summer vacation). This will preclude several highly technical jobs that require more than 13 weeks of training. I'm sure this includes many aviation support specialties and perhaps some electronics fields. Maybe some others can tell you what other fields are excluded.

I did this program in 1986 and went to Artillery school. I don't think it has changed much since then.

Hope this helped.
Sgt V

benny5005
03-07-07, 11:19 AM
Alright man that helps alot. Would you happen to know anything about Combat Engineers (1371). I know the training is something like 5 weeks long, but is it hard to get into, if I only recieved a 49 on the practice ASAB?

ZSKI
03-08-07, 10:30 PM
That practice exam is bull**** i took it ad got a 40 i took the real one and got a 96. And i was ****faced when i took the real one. The job depends on whats needed in your area. For me it was only 1345 HE op or mech, everything else was full