PDA

View Full Version : Looking for B Co Plt 1036 Series PISC

intel-ops
03-06-07, 07:57 PM
I was in platoon 1037 and graduated as honorman. My drill instructors were SSGT Hannah, SGT Corbett, SGT Forrest, SGT Bone. SGT Corbett was dismissed early due to brutality charges. The private who...

er16169
08-28-07, 07:15 PM
:thumbup: 1 Bn A Co. Plt 1036 (1979 Here)

I am looking for anyone who was in Platoon 1036 1st Bn Alfa Co. Plt 1036.
Senior DI SSgt Sledge.
Sgt Corbett SGT Bone Sgt Forrest. All these names ring a bell.
You were in Bravo Co. The barracks next to us.:flag:

shankhm
08-29-07, 12:25 PM
Gysgt Greene was a 1stSgt at CPNC in 1984, and he is a funny bastard.

intel-ops
08-30-07, 02:07 PM
I am shocked someone saw my post who was in my series. I was in platoon 1037 B Company. I think A Company was on the other side of the chow hall. Is that right?

If you have any recollection of the guide for 1037, that was me. They made me the guide the entire time we were at PISC. I was also the honorman.

Boot camp was quite a trip back then. I have no clue what it is like these days. I was stationed at Camp Lejeune almost my entire time. I was an 0231intelligence analyst and worked for the G-2 Intelligence Operations at Lejeune. We lived in the squad bays accross from tank battallion and really close to the 2nd Mar Div HQ building. I worked out a lot at the main gym where the boxers trained.

I live in Alaska now and I am legal investigator with a law firm. I have been in this line of work since I got out in 1984. I only ran into one person who was in my platoon in boot camp whilke I was at Lejeune. One of my drill instructors, Corbett was with the 2nd Engineers. I ran into him at a pizza hut on night. We actually became friends and I still get a Christmas Card from him every year. I think my platoon mostly had reservists.

I got out as Sergeant with 2 years time in grade. I was meritorious PFC, Lcpl, and Corporal. I looked and acted like a lifer but got out after my time was up to persue a career that paid better. I am still at it.

er16169
08-30-07, 07:06 PM
Yea, I was shocked as well when I seen it too. You are the reason I became a member here actually, Just to be able to comment to you. SEMPER FI <br />
<br />
My dad had a stroke while I was at PI and took a...

er16169
08-30-07, 07:11 PM
Our barracks was right beside B Companys Over next to Motorpool I believe
and right in front of Parade Deck. We had to march past B Co. to get to the Mess Hall.