PDA

View Full Version : Is 23 too old?

Chevron77
03-06-07, 06:12 AM
Hi I just joined the site. I've always wanted to join the Marines but I've put it off since highschool to try and go to school. Well now I'm leaning toward the Marines instead but I'm 23 now and I feel like I'm too old to join. I'm still in good shape but I want to know if there are going to be guys my age if I go to basic or am I going to be the oldest one. If you could help me out I'd be grateful.

SkilletsUSMC
03-06-07, 06:26 AM
Quick awnser, I was 25 when joined. Im now 29 and doing fine.

YLDNDN6
03-06-07, 06:28 AM
The policy here is to fill out your profile, then ask questions. You will get more responses that way. In answer, no, 23 is not too old. If you want moe answers, complete your profile. We will be happy to help you in any way we can.

thedrifter
03-06-07, 06:31 AM
Locking Post to YOU fill out YOUR profile....

If YOU read the Sticky's in the Recruit Area...You would have read that RULE.

You can notify me or jinelson to unlock the post after YOU READ the RULES and filled out the PROFILE..

Ellie

Unlocking since profile is filled out....

RTjman
03-06-07, 10:54 AM
chevron 77, trust me, you're not too old. Usually the drill instructors would pick on the 25-26 y.o.'s, but being 18 when I joined, I quickly found out age definitely has nothing to do with any thing in the Corps- let a \lone boot camp where ur all "peices of crap" its all based on rank. An 18 y.o. squad leader could tell a 25 year old recruit to shut up and the recruit would have to do it. Then the drill instructor would walk out an tell them both to get on the quartedeck..

Worsham
03-06-07, 01:54 PM
I was 26...turned 27 in MOS school.

Go for it....

LDO Capt
03-06-07, 02:12 PM
If you have to ask, maybe you are to old. Its not a question of "can" you. The question is "do you want to". No body can do it for you, there will be no one else to blame.

Time to reach down and grab a pair, do you want it or not.

Its all on you...

Tegan
03-06-07, 04:06 PM
I WAS ONE OF THE OLDEST IN MY PLATOON AT 21. YEA, OLDEST. THE NEXT UP WAS 22 AND THEN 28. THERE IS A FEMALE THAT JUST CHECKED INTO MY UNIT AND SHE IS 29. JUST GOT OUT OF SCHOOL, HAD IT ALL.. DOCTORATE(SP?) AND A LICENSED PHARMACIST BUT SHE JOINED ANYWAYS. I FEEL THAT SOME PEOPLE TURN OUT BEING BETTER LEADERS IN THE MILITARY WHEN THEY JOIN A YEAR OR SO AFTER THEIR PEERS. MARINES MY AGE ARE OF HIGHER RANK (SGT, CPL...) BUT I FEEL I HAVE A HIGHER MATURITY LEVEL THAN SOME AND AM ABLE TO HANDLE TASKS BETTER THAN MY 18-19 YEAR OLD COUNTERPART. ITS UP TO YOU, IF ITS WHAT YOU WANT THEN DO IT.

AND IM GOING TO HAVE TO AGREE WITH THE CAPTAIN.....
Time to reach down and grab a pair, do you want it or not.

Chevron77
03-06-07, 07:01 PM
Thanx for the advice. I just always pictured Marine recruits as people fresh out of highschool.

Sgt Leprechaun
03-06-07, 08:34 PM
They are. So what. You are only as old as you think you are. <br />
<br />
If YOU want to do this, then do it. If I had a buck for every guy I've known who didn't enlist because of various factors, (read,...

millar123
03-10-07, 06:52 AM
NOWAY There was a Marine in my platoon in boot camp that was 29

FistFu68
03-10-07, 01:48 PM
:evilgrin: GET YOU'R YOUNG AZZ-ON 'DEM YELLOW FOOTPRINT'S,YOU DIDN'T WANNA LIVE FOREVER ANYWAY?(LMAO):evilgrin: :D

semperfi170
03-10-07, 08:40 PM
:marine: My cousin joined the Corps in 1979 after graduating from college and working for a few years, at that time he was 28 yrs old. Graduated as plt honorman, offered OCS, went, graduated 3rd in class, offered a regular commission & took it, spent 24 years medically retired as a LTCOL. Just to let you know you are not to old. So quit waffling and go for it!!!!:flag: