PDA

View Full Version : INFANTRY ADVICE please

Mesina
03-05-07, 08:45 PM
Dear Sir/Sirs,

I Enlisted in the Marine Corps, mainly because i've always wanted to be a soldier, and i want to be The Best. The Best, for me being, The Marines. That said, i ship out to Recruit Training in April.

From what i've been told, i scored fairly well on my ASVAB (68), am physically fit (but am by no means underestimating Boot Camp) and qualify for a good number of jobs, but i know in my heart that i want to do infantry. If you could please help me out as to the job description and what the training entails, of Riflemen, Machine Gunners and Assaultmen, i would be eternally gratefull for your advice.

Thank you in advance,

Poolee Mesina

FistFu68
03-05-07, 10:18 PM
:evilgrin: JUST KEEP YOU'R HEAD & AZZ WIRED TOGETHER,SON;YOU WILL DO JUST FINE! GOD~SPEED!!! TO THE BRAVE~GOOD~FORTUNE :evilgrin: :iwo:

Echo_Four_Bravo
03-05-07, 11:08 PM
I don't get what you're wanting to know. You don't select which MOS you'll have only the field. If you want to be infantry, be infantry. There are plenty of people with high test scores in the infantry, and you have to be fit to be a Marine.

Cpl BAJA
03-06-07, 12:27 AM
While you go through Marine Corps Basic Training, you’ll train as a basic Rifleman. As far your question regarding job description and training in the infantry field can be lengthy for this forum. If you go to http://usmilitary.about.com/od/enlistedjo2/a/marinejobs.htm (http://usmilitary.about.com/od/enlistedjo2/a/marinejobs.htm) you will find a lot about job descriptions, and of course you will get nothing the best training the Marine Corps.

Marine84
03-06-07, 07:43 AM
Dear Sir/Sirs,

I Enlisted in the Marine Corps, mainly because i've always wanted to be a soldier

First rule - if you want to be a soldier, join the Army. You join the Marine Corps to be a Marine.

maverickmarine
03-06-07, 07:57 AM
First rule - if you want to be a soldier, join the Army. You join the Marine Corps to be a Marine.

I was just about to educate about that one myself, LOL. :marine:

Old Marine
03-06-07, 08:40 AM
While you go through Marine Corps Basic Training, you’ll train as a basic Rifleman. As far your question regarding job description and training in the infantry field can be lengthy for this forum. If you go to http://usmilitary.about.com/od/enlistedjo2/a/marinejobs.htm (http://usmilitary.about.com/od/enlistedjo2/a/marinejobs.htm) you will find a lot about job descriptions, and of course you will get nothing the best training the Marine Corps.

Does anyone know when they changed Marine Corps Boot Camp to Marine Corps Basic Training? Have they screwed up my Marine Crops soooo bad that they changed to basic training? Sure as hell hope not. The guy that posted this says he had the rank of Marine Corporal and should know what he is talking about.:evilgrin:

killerinstinct
03-06-07, 09:32 AM
Well i know how in your srb it says recruit training. But the un-official term is bootcamp SSGT. I do understand and it is still refered by most as being boot camp. And the saying of being a boot next to a salty dog is still the same too

maverickmarine
03-06-07, 09:34 AM
So, did you demote the Gunny for not knowing that? LMAO!!!

killerinstinct
03-06-07, 10:11 AM
So, did you demote the Gunny for not knowing that? LMAO!!!

HAHA whoops maybe i should look harder next time...

i feel like a punk now

maverickmarine
03-06-07, 10:18 AM
Lmao!

Cpl BAJA
03-06-07, 10:23 AM
My mistake Gunny, now that I’ve done my 25 push-ups I stand corrected. The correct nomenclature would be "Marine Corps Recruit training".

killerinstinct
03-06-07, 11:31 AM
HAHA whoops maybe i should look harder next time...

i feel like a punk now

LOL same thing happened when i was at the exchange in soi camp as a boot and the Col walked by which i have never really seen up close i think i was mesmorized by an officers rank i was staring at it and it didnt hit me to salute. He stopped me and I rendered him his salute and he was real nice about it. the SgtMaj wasn't however, i went on camp guard after that.

pappa2charlie over

maverickmarine
03-06-07, 11:43 AM
I did that same deal the first time I saw a WO for the first time. I was spending so much time trying to eyeball his bars that I never eve thought to salute and then at the last minute I did but as I was going back on my way he saw a smile, which was actually me calling myself a dumbass, but he took it to mean disrespect so he devoted a little more time to me, LOL.