PDA

View Full Version : 2 Questions

Integrity57
03-04-07, 08:12 PM
1.How often do Marines PT once they're in the Fleet?
2.Can anyone tell me why in Full Metal Jacket, Recruit Cowboy was at PI for boot and not at MCRD SD, being that he was from Texas and all? That just occured to me last week and was wondering if anyone ever thought about it.

The1stSgt
03-04-07, 08:22 PM
The Marine Corps encourages regular individual PT.

Depending on your MOS and your commands training schedule, that will have a BIG impact on how often you have command PT.

A recruit can request from the Recruiter to attend boot camp at either MCRD.

sgt tony
03-04-07, 08:39 PM
It is also based on when there is a opening. Yes some go either way

Echo_Four_Bravo
03-04-07, 10:52 PM
We always did PT at least three times a week unless we were in the field. At times we would PT 10 times a week. Regular PT every morning and basketball or soccer in the afternoon. It just depends what is going on.

The best answer to your second question is "It was a movie, not reality."

killerinstinct
03-05-07, 11:40 AM
swing with the wing/ 6mile a year Marine they call us

Marine84
03-05-07, 11:43 AM

AMEN to THAT!

DWG
03-05-07, 12:03 PM
The best answer to your second question is "It was a movie, not reality."

You beat me to that answer! Let me add; DUH! :p

Did look a lot like PI, for being in England!

HardJedi
03-05-07, 12:04 PM

really? you must have been in the HARD wing then. rest of barely got out of the rack :) LOL

USMCmailman
03-05-07, 12:11 PM
It is also based on when there is a opening. Yes some go either way

And some go both ways!!!!!!! HEHEHEHE

DWG
03-05-07, 12:41 PM
And some go both ways!!!!!!! HEHEHEHE

Don't ask; don't tell!:confused:

Echo_Four_Bravo
03-05-07, 01:28 PM

Yeah, that's what I thought when I got orders to a wing unit. I thought so even more when I saw the platoon commander was a tiny woman. So as happens she was mad at the platoon on the day I checked in, and decided to show them how displeased she was with a PT session. I still, to this day, have never been as miserable as I was after about 5 miles of that run. I want to cry just thinking about it.

Regardless, not all people in the wing get to swing.

killerinstinct
03-05-07, 04:25 PM
Yeah, that's what I thought when I got orders to a wing unit. I thought so even more when I saw the platoon commander was a tiny woman. So as happens she was mad at the platoon on the day I checked in, and decided to show them how displeased she was with a PT session. I still, to this day, have never been as miserable as I was after about 5 miles of that run. I want to cry just thinking about it.

Regardless, not all people in the wing get to swing.

LOL well its pretty much like that at the squadrons. if you are at the mags or support groups they are pretty much have the off tiem to do stuff like that. Squadrons have to work around flight schedules at least the maintenence shops did the S shops get it easy running around thinking about if they are going to eat at thechow hall or off base , while we are eating rubber chicken from a roach coach on the flight line if we got to eat.. except in the field i liked it since ordnance and powelinge got first dibs on chow since we actually work.