PDA

View Full Version : Airman sentenced for throwing frog in F-16 engine

thedrifter
03-04-07, 11:08 AM
Airman sentenced for throwing frog in F-16 engine <br />
F-16.net ^ | March 3, 2007 | Erik Slavin <br />
<br />
A staff sergeant who watched as one airman attempted and another threw a small frog into a running F-16...

USMCmailman
03-04-07, 11:16 AM
I DON"T EVEN BELIEVE SOME PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad: This guy needs to be shot not put in jail!!!!!!!

tk7263
03-04-07, 12:47 PM
But after all that dont we get to see the video? The AirHead I mean Air Force pogues messed up the rest of us should at least get some entertainment value out of it.

hankhoffman
03-04-07, 02:44 PM
I have no idea what would cause you to do this?? The damage that the fans could have caused when they came apart could have killed them all.

10thzodiac
03-04-07, 05:41 PM
I think this is the video (or one like) of a Russian pilot that sucked a bird in his engine at an air-show (Paris ?) years back. He ejected and landed barely enough away from where his plane crashed simultaneously. He walked away barely looking back with the tremendous exploding fire-ball flames from his airplane licking his ass while calmly stopping to light a cigarette cool as a cucumber, like the born-hard Russian pilot he was with ice water in his veins. I was awed watching this purely cold blooded Russian pilot !

Move over Tom Cruise [Top Gun] !

Does anyone remember this ? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJyJ2e_C38Q&mode=related&search=

P.S. Watch the other crashes on this URL too http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/tsmileys2/11.gif!

ErikHeiker
03-06-07, 02:20 PM
I have seen what happens when a gooney bird gets sucked into an Allison T56-A15. It ain't pretty, especially the smell. After hours of turning the prop so the FE could inspect the compressor blades we finally left for home. There was definitely a noticeable vibration in that engine, but get-home-itis prevailed.

ErikHeiker
03-06-07, 02:35 PM
If anyone wants to see what happens when a birdstrike occurs on a single engine trainer, check out the link at the bottom of the article.

http://www.flightglobal.com/articles/2006/02/01/204464/video-nftc-ct-155-hawk-pilots-eject-after-bird-strike.html

yellowwing
03-06-07, 02:36 PM
More than 400 maintainers worked over the weekend to check the engines and dispel the possibility that other engines were similarly mistreated, Thompson said.
Dang! Let this air-head face the wrath of his unit members, who missed BBQs, family weddings and such to unfruk his idiocy. :mad:

hankhoffman
03-08-07, 10:55 AM
Anyone remember the safety video they used to show? I think is was on an aircraft carrier, the crew member gets sucked into the intake up to his waist and lives.

killerinstinct
03-08-07, 12:24 PM
Anyone remember the safety video they used to show? I think is was on an aircraft carrier, the crew member gets sucked into the intake up to his waist and lives.

LOL yea i remember that i also saw the one where a huffer got too close to live ordnance and exploded the bombs

ggyoung
03-08-07, 04:11 PM
10z You posted something good. A few years ago my Navy son was with Top Gun( no he is not a flyboy) at Key West for some war games. He was able to to get some vido of Germenes Air Force and there Mig-29's. That is some get. Our Tom Cats and F-16's were no match for it. The Mig-24's kicked there buts. The F-18 was a even match. It schocked a lot of people.