PDA

View Full Version : Marine Corps College Fund.

sabbs88
03-03-07, 11:25 PM
Hi, I have a question about the Marine Corps College Fund. I know that you have to request for it and you are not asked for it. I signed my contract at MEPS like about 2 weeks ago. Is it still too late to sign up for MCCF even though i signed my contract?

I'd call my recruiter, but it's really late and I hoping I'd get an answer in the morning when i check this lol.

Thanks.

-Dan

BrentAndrew
03-04-07, 03:58 AM
No its not too late. As long as its in the final contact you sign before you ship. I'm receiving the MCCF, and Its not on my initial contract.

hawks
03-04-07, 10:59 AM
What is the Marine Corps College Fund. Would it be possible for me to get it as a Reservist?

BrentAndrew
03-04-07, 11:12 AM
What is the Marine Corps College Fund.
They just add 12k to your GI bill giving you a total of 50k.

Would it be possible for me to get it as a Reservist?
Thats a recruiter question. But I imagine they would be more apt to give it to an active duty Marine. They only get a few to give out.

STA0311
03-04-07, 07:42 PM
I got in when I went in and it is paying off BIG TIME now. 1468.48 a month while I am in school!

killerinstinct
03-05-07, 11:45 AM
I'm not sure if it's still goign on but a few years ago i got the kicker where you pay an additional $600 and end up with the same amount as a person with the college fund which is available after you are acitve duty but get it if you acn you will be suprised how much if you schoose to use your gi bill helps.

BrentAndrew
03-05-07, 12:41 PM
So the kicker is offered to you after boot camp? Can you do the kicker option in conjunction with the college fund?

sabbs88
03-05-07, 01:31 PM
yea you can get the G.I. Bill, the kicker, and the MCCF at the same time. i think its different with reservist though.

BrentAndrew
03-05-07, 01:47 PM
So then how much college assistance is one looking at with all of it?

sabbs88
03-05-07, 01:50 PM
So then how much college assistance is one looking at with all of it?

enough college assistance to pay for college. you wouldnt even have to worry about debt. its a lot of money your getting.

BrentAndrew
03-05-07, 02:06 PM
very nice!!

killerinstinct
03-05-07, 04:34 PM
im not sure how it differs between acitve and reserve duty I do know there is a difference. But this is what the deal is. The VA (veterans Affairs) pays for how you go to school not by the amount but how many classes you are taking and those classes only count if they are required for your college degree. And you are only eligible for 36 months.

So lets say its 36K dollars you recieve if you are going full time in college then you will recieve that amount. Buit if you are going half time the whole 36 months you would only recieve half of that. The best bet is to go full time as you recieve the maximum amount of the money.

Now all this can be found out more by looking at the VA website under the educational link I looked up and provided for you.. Hopefully it will answer and each Fiscal year it will go up. http://www.gibill.va.gov/GI_Bill_Info/benefits.htm

I am not sure on how the gi bill works for reservists. But the information is on this site to for all you who wish to learn more.

sabbs88
03-05-07, 06:00 PM
im not sure how it differs between acitve and reserve duty I do know there is a difference. But this is what the deal is. The VA (veterans Affairs) pays for how you go to school not by the amount but how many classes you are taking and those classes only count if they are required for your college degree. And you are only eligible for 36 months.

So lets say its 36K dollars you recieve if you are going full time in college then you will recieve that amount. Buit if you are going half time the whole 36 months you would only recieve half of that. The best bet is to go full time as you recieve the maximum amount of the money.

Now all this can be found out more by looking at the VA website under the educational link I looked up and provided for you.. Hopefully it will answer and each Fiscal year it will go up. http://www.gibill.va.gov/GI_Bill_Info/benefits.htm

I am not sure on how the gi bill works for reservists. But the information is on this site to for all you who wish to learn more.

thanks good info. the reservist have the selective service reserve g.i. bill. googe it up. its totally different from the active g.i. bill.

Achped
03-05-07, 06:29 PM
In Florida there is a program called Bright Futures, its offered to everyone with an SAT score of over 1200 and a GPA over 3.5 unweighted, it pays 75% of college (I qualified for 100%, but I'm too lazy to do 75 community service hours for college when I'm not even going)

Would anyone know if I could use the GI bill and Bright futures, in essence being paid to go to college?

sabbs88
03-05-07, 06:41 PM
In Florida there is a program called Bright Futures, its offered to everyone with an SAT score of over 1200 and a GPA over 3.5 unweighted, it pays 75% of college (I qualified for 100%, but I'm too lazy to do 75 community service hours for college when I'm not even going)

Would anyone know if I could use the GI bill and Bright futures, in essence being paid to go to college?

yea i would think so. you would have to check with Bright futures though because they may have different agendas for people going to the military.

Achped
03-05-07, 06:43 PM
I already did. I have 2 years after serving in the military to use the money, but I dont know if the MCCF applies if I already have money.

alaBAMCIS
12-12-07, 06:51 PM
where can i find proof of my MCCF?

I submitted for my GI Bill a couple of weeks ago. I was able to show my kicker where i paid $600 into the gi bill cause thats on my DD214. But, i couldnt prove to the VA rep that i had been awarded the MCCF. Does anyone know if the VA has that on file or what?