PDA

View Full Version : Bank account

Marinewannabe15
03-03-07, 02:56 PM
hi all!... i have a question, my recruiter gave me an envelope about setting up my direct deposit account for basic. It's with USAA. my question is #1 is that what most of u guys use and if so are u happy with it and #2 when should i set it up? (i leave june 24 2007) look forward to hearing from u! ty

hawks
03-03-07, 03:43 PM
I also have a question about the bank account. I'm still under lease for the summer for my apartment here, is there anyway I can get it to send one of my roomates money through the bank account or have my dad withdrawl from it so I can use the money I'm making to pay for it? Or can you not touch any of that money till your done? Otherwise I'll probably have to take out a loan.

sabbs88
03-03-07, 03:46 PM
I also have a question about the bank account. I'm still under lease for the summer for my apartment here, is there anyway I can get it to send one of my roomates money through the bank account or have my dad withdrawl from it so I can use the money I'm making to pay for it? Or can you not touch any of that money till your done? Otherwise I'll probably have to take out a loan.

i think they will let you under certain conditions though.

jryanjack
03-03-07, 06:37 PM
One of the newer Marines should be able to answer your question - if memory serves, when I graduated in 1987 we received a check a couple of days before graduation representing all of our pay and allowances up to that point. We could not sign up for direct deposit until we got to the Fleet.

Echo_Four_Bravo
03-03-07, 06:42 PM
We received checks as well. But that changed shortly after I went to boot camp. To get paid in the Marines, you need to do direct deposit. The bank is your choice. I did not know that USAA had banking services, but I would imagine it is good to go. They offer the best can insurance that I have found, and I think all military people should use them.

Navy Fed is also a great bank. If you ever have the opportunity to open an account there you should do so.

hawks
03-03-07, 08:25 PM
So I can just direct deposit into my credit union here?

PerXes
03-05-07, 08:37 AM
We were forced to direct deposit into an account with Fort Sills National Bank that we were given. One day you go down there and set it all up, and near the end you get a little piece of paper that says how much money you have after they've deducted all the things you've bought while at Boot Camp. This was summer 2006, so maybe it's changed, but I doubt it.

Allen870922
03-05-07, 11:47 AM
We were forced to direct deposit into an account with Fort Sills National Bank that we were given. One day you go down there and set it all up, and near the end you get a little piece of paper that says how much money you have after they've deducted all the things you've bought while at Boot Camp. This was summer 2006, so maybe it's changed, but I doubt it.

Thats the way I remember.

I believe if you have bills or something that need to be payed, you can arrange for some of that money to be sent home. You will have to talk to the FSNB guy at boot when you get your class. But I'm sure there is a way to arrange something where they can just automatically send it for you. If not you will have to talk to your Senior Drill Instructor and ask if you can go to the bank and send money home.