PDA

View Full Version : One misdemeanor while in DEP?

Achped
03-03-07, 11:53 AM
I've looked high and low on the internet, and it says 2 or more misdemeanors require a waiver.

But it says nothing about just one?

bigdog43701
03-03-07, 12:10 PM
it ALL depends on what type of misd. was it a crime of violence, drugs what. contact your local recruiter and he has a list and can help you out.

Achped
03-03-07, 12:16 PM
DANGIT, thats the THIRD TIME my internet has screwed up and I've lost a huge post I've written!!!

OKAY!

For the third time....

I did something illegal a few months ago, I had no idea it was going to land me in this much trouble. I viewed it as doing 70mph in a 65, it seriously didnt seem like a big deal. (Its not drugs, or vandalism, or theft, or anything "criminal" per say, its basically me just making a mistake and doing something an idiot teenage guy could be seen doing) I'd love to say what kind it was, but I really don't feel like putting it out on the internet just yet. Lets just say it wasn't a crime against another person, or property.

Well, in any case, the police found out, they contacted me and my recruiter, and talked to me at my house. I helped them out, cooperated to the fullest, I manned up and basically said, you're right, I messed up, now lets move on so I can get this behind me and move on to the Marine Corps.
Its a misdemeanor, and I'm basically wondering 2 things:

1. I've looked ALLL OVER the Internet trying to find information if you need a waiver for one misdemeanor. All the websites say you need a waiver for two, but no where can I find anything that gives any information at all for one misdemeanor. Its not a big deal, as its not a "moral" crime or anything so I can easily get a waiver, I'm just hoping I don't have to do that. (I have a perfect record other than this too)

2. Does the Marine Corps have any sort of waiting period after probation or anything like that? I saw online the Army makes you wait 30 days after ending probation in order to enlist, but it says nothing about the USMC and it says nothing about people already in DEP. (And yes, I was DEP'd in when this took place)

My recruiter and I have already talked about it, and she has spoken with the investigator and it looks as if my DEP status may help me out and show that I'm not just some screwup at life.

YLDNDN6
03-03-07, 01:29 PM
Maybe I am missing something here, but you have already stated, more than once, that the regs require a waiver for TWO or more misdemeanors. You have ONE. How is this confusing you??? If your recruiter is stepping up to the plate for you with the authorities, you are probably alright. Don't overthink this thing, poolee...the time to think was BEFORE you committed whatever criminal act you are trying to recover from right now. Best of luck with that, too.

Achped
03-03-07, 01:33 PM
The wording was "A waiver is required for 2 misdemeanors" I didn't know if that meant like, a waiver could be "requested" for one misdemeanor. I was just double checking.

It just seems kinda...I don't know, weird, that I needed a waiver for attending one counseling session so the counselor could ask me questions about my dad's disorder, but I don't need one for this crime.

The inspector actually contacted my recruiter before me, my whole RSS gave me quite a verbal shellacking...(poolees, parents, recruiters...everyone)

bigdog43701
03-03-07, 01:39 PM
if you are on probation, you're done for the time being. if, however you do not get probation you are good to go. if the regs say TWO and you only have ONE and the crime is not of violence but sumthing stupid like peeing on a road you'll probably go. also, if your recruiter has not said you are NOT going then i beleive your good.

YLDNDN6
03-03-07, 01:39 PM
Since your recruiter is awae of your situation, and has apparently not mentioned the need for a waiver, you most likely don't have anything to worry about. The big thing is to keep on the recruiter about it until you have the answer you need...she will have the correct info.

Marine84
03-03-07, 02:39 PM
Now..............let's start a pool and try to guess what he did - yeah, yeah, yeah.

Let me see now.............hmmmmmmmmm..............something stupid teenage boys do...................I GOT IT! You were caught with your winkie out in public?

Sorry dude, you left it open for questioning. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Soon2BeVIP
03-03-07, 02:58 PM
Now..............let's start a pool and try to guess what he did - yeah, yeah, yeah.

Let me see now.............hmmmmmmmmm..............something stupid teenage boys do...................I GOT IT! You were caught with your winkie out in public?

Haha I really have just been wondering now what it could be that he did. That was sort of my guess though...my guess was gonna be streaking or something.

jakegpoolee
03-03-07, 04:06 PM
No, I've been "ordered"...aka threatened with death, and told to keep my mouth shut.

I only included as many details as I did to help whoever answered my questions about the waiver.

<b>sorry, this was posted by Achped, I'm at Jakes house and forgot he was logged in</b>

slowrider
03-03-07, 06:43 PM

Wow, a winkie,Now theres a term she never used . wink:)

Echo_Four_Bravo
03-03-07, 06:49 PM
Since we don't know what the crime is, it is impossible to tell. But I would guess this won't be any big deal for you. But, if you're on probation, you will have to finish that before you can go to boot camp.

Hope everything turns out well for you. If there is anything I can do to help you, just let me know.

jakegpoolee
03-03-07, 07:25 PM
Probation is just something usually given for misdemeanors, which is why I brought it up. I have no idea what the state attorney has in mind.

-Achped

SkilletsUSMC
03-03-07, 09:27 PM

Good guess, but im going with making out (or worse) in a car

Soon2BeVIP
03-03-07, 09:32 PM
Good guess, but im going with making out (or worse) in a car
Wait there are things worse than making out....awww I thought I was bad @$$

RuffNight2007
03-05-07, 08:50 PM
Come on... we've been waiting patiently for you to spill your guts, Achped... Sorry for being nosy as hell but... what the hell did you do?! =D

DevilDog1979
03-05-07, 11:59 PM

I was actually thinking of "streaking." Is that back in now???

Echo_Four_Bravo
03-06-07, 12:25 AM
Achped, I am hoping you have an attorney at this point. If you do, talk to him about setting up a plea deal that could help you to avoid a punishment that would cause problems for you going to boot camp. The prosecutor will likely be willing to play ball assuming you didn't do anything too bad. It costs money to have someone on probation or other supervised release type program.

There is a decent chance that you could manage to get the guilty plea through with little more than a reasonable fine with the promise of entering the military as a part of the deal. It used to be common for people to take this route. It is no longer routine, but since you're already in the DEP you may be able to get it done.

Achped
03-06-07, 01:09 PM
I really don't want to say anything more than I already have, not that I'll say anything that I haven't already told the police, but I'm sure you guys understand.

RuffNight2007
03-07-07, 02:11 PM
I really don't want to say anything more than I already have, not that I'll say anything that I haven't already told the police, but I'm sure you guys understand.

Party pooper. :bunny:

FistFu68
03-07-07, 03:06 PM
:evilgrin: NEXT-TIME YOU SMOKE THAT CHIT,MAKE SURE IT WAS HOME GROWN;THEN YOU DON'T HAVE TO BUY IT FROM THE POLICE CHIEF'S SON???:evilgrin: :iwo:

devildoghopeful
03-07-07, 03:20 PM
Lmao Fistfu68!!!!!

STA0311
03-08-07, 07:28 AM
Dont ask for help if you dont have the balls to man up to what you did. Really no one in here cares what you did...yeah it may be humorous to us and we'll remember it for a day or two but seriously, this is where all that integrity and honesty comes in to play. You better get used to going up to the Company Gunny and telling him that you F'ed before he finds out from someone else. It will save you A LOT in the end.

Achped
03-08-07, 12:49 PM
And you know, I would have no problem saying telling you guys what happened if my lawyer, recruiter, and every single other adult I know had already told me NOT to go into details with ANYONE....

....especially when the person who called the police on me in the first place frequents this forum.

Not that I lied to the police, or am hiding anything, I just don't want to get into any details until this is over with and I don't have to worry about causing any more problems. (like say I said the pencil was green in my statement, but on here I said it was torquoise, and get the SO WHAT COLOR WAS IT EXACTLY? You know thats perjury if you lied to us right? Blah blah blah, again, thats just an example and has no relevance to anything)

STA0311
03-08-07, 12:52 PM
Good job listening to those people by bringing it up on the forum then. Shows outstanding ability to follow direction.

Achped
03-08-07, 12:57 PM
Yes, it was pretty foolish of me...but I'm confident I left it vague enough not to worry about it.

Echo_Four_Bravo
03-08-07, 01:47 PM
Not really. You talked about it when you were told not to, which is a failure to obey an order. Then you asked for help, and won't make it clear what kind of help you need.

Regardless, what I said above stands. Unless the crime is much more serious than you're making it appear, it should work out fine.

On a side note, I have to say I am disappointed that someone that visits this forum regularly would call the police on you. I would assume they are a wannabe or a poolee- and they should have known to use the chain of command and not call the police on a fellow poolee.

killerinstinct
03-08-07, 02:52 PM
DANGIT, thats the THIRD TIME my internet has screwed up and I've lost a huge post I've written!!!

OKAY!

For the third time....

I did something illegal a few months ago, I had no idea it was going to land me in this much trouble. I viewed it as doing 70mph in a 65, it seriously didnt seem like a big deal. (Its not drugs, or vandalism, or theft, or anything "criminal" per say, its basically me just making a mistake and doing something an idiot teenage guy could be seen doing) I'd love to say what kind it was, but I really don't feel like putting it out on the internet just yet. Lets just say it wasn't a crime against another person, or property.

Well, in any case, the police found out, they contacted me and my recruiter, and talked to me at my house. I helped them out, cooperated to the fullest, I manned up and basically said, you're right, I messed up, now lets move on so I can get this behind me and move on to the Marine Corps.
Its a misdemeanor, and I'm basically wondering 2 things:

1. I've looked ALLL OVER the Internet trying to find information if you need a waiver for one misdemeanor. All the websites say you need a waiver for two, but no where can I find anything that gives any information at all for one misdemeanor. Its not a big deal, as its not a "moral" crime or anything so I can easily get a waiver, I'm just hoping I don't have to do that. (I have a perfect record other than this too)

2. Does the Marine Corps have any sort of waiting period after probation or anything like that? I saw online the Army makes you wait 30 days after ending probation in order to enlist, but it says nothing about the USMC and it says nothing about people already in DEP. (And yes, I was DEP'd in when this took place)

My recruiter and I have already talked about it, and she has spoken with the investigator and it looks as if my DEP status may help me out and show that I'm not just some screwup at life.

i'm curious now what it is did you mushroom stamp somebody on the forehead or what?? lol and i wouldnt worry about it if you spoke to your recruiter so dont go up in the moment of truth time and say you have a misdemeanor and didnt report it and get booted before you even began...(since you did tell your recruiter)

killerinstinct
03-08-07, 02:56 PM
Not really. You talked about it when you were told not to, which is a failure to obey an order. Then you asked for help, and won't make it clear what kind of help you need.

Regardless, what I said above stands. Unless the crime is much more serious than you're making it appear, it should work out fine.

On a side note, I have to say I am disappointed that someone that visits this forum regularly would call the police on you. I would assume they are a wannabe or a poolee- and they should have known to use the chain of command and not call the police on a fellow poolee.

nobody likes a rat

Achped
03-08-07, 03:35 PM
Not to sound like I'm changing the rules in the middle of the game, but when I made the first post I hadn't talked to a lawyer nor had my recruiter told me to not say anything. <br />
<br />
It was that...

Marine84
03-08-07, 05:46 PM
I still think you got caught with your winkie waving in the air. No wait, I know some grown men that won't take the extra 2 steps into the house to pee so................it can't be that. Come to think about it, there ain't too much that stupid teenage boys do that grown men don't do either.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm - I'm with Fist on this one - don't buy (or smoke) that $h!t from (with) the Police Chief's son. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

hawks
03-08-07, 07:13 PM
Streaking is my guess now

Echo_Four_Bravo
03-08-07, 07:56 PM
Achped, you're right in not wanting to put stuff out there, although I'm not sure the perjury issue is what I would want to avoid. But, it is always best to keep quiet about ongoing legal action, just to keep unrelated things from getting drug into the issue.

Killerinstinct, you're right- nobody likes a rat. I hope the individual that went to the police sees the error in his ways before he does something like this to a fellow Marine, should he make it that far.

FistFu68
03-08-07, 10:21 PM
:evilgrin: OR DID YOU STICK :banana: THE MAJOR'S WIFE???:evilgrin:

8th&I Marine
03-08-07, 11:35 PM
I am thinking he might of got caught with some congressmens daughter in a place where he shouldnt have doing what he shouldnt have been doing and then got his winkie caught in the car door.:thumbup:

Cantrell:flag:

Echo_Four_Bravo
03-08-07, 11:59 PM
From someone that once unknowingly dated a General's granddaughter, I don't think this line of thinking is all that funny!

testforecho2112
03-09-07, 01:19 AM
There is hope, I was two weeks from shipping out, and to a 5800 MOS, Military Police and Corrections, and got arrested for toilet papering a house, littering! Really, no joke. Some brand new cop...

Phantom Blooper
03-09-07, 08:02 AM
Achped,

USMPerez
07-17-12, 05:28 PM
Im in the DEP (Delayed Entry Program) an was just recently fired from my job for theft. They said the police might be invloved but are not 100% about it (they probobly will be) if that is the case an I do get convicted for a misdemeanor will that effect me in the DEP? Will something happen too me? should I let my recruiter know if something happens?

PvtShane
07-19-12, 07:42 PM
First off, you're Hijacking a thread, second off, how about you let your recruiter know you're a theif. Seriously? What is your idea of the ****ing Marine Corps? Do you think we steal? And you want to be a Marine? Not starting off on the left foot there are ya?

BGW
07-20-12, 12:45 AM
lol yah bro its all about not getting caught, which you failed here. Second of before you go off telling people about this you should wait and see what legal issues you might face. You might not get any paper work on your record and this be just a learning experience. But if you go talking to your recruiter about this that pretty much ends everything, depends on how merciful/(desperate) he is.

Remember now in the Marine Corps its all about how much can you get away with/not getting caught. Remeber these words....