PDA

View Full Version : Prior Service-Army->USMC Reserves questions

RR02125
03-02-07, 07:04 PM
I'm a former Army Infantryman who recently got out in Dec 2006. Did 2 tours in Iraq, now looking at joining the reserves. Decided to take a look at what the USMC Reserves have to offer, haven't been able to find out much about it. Some of my questions are what are the years of enlistment open too me? I was an E-4 when I left the Army, would I be able to come into the Reserves as an E-3? I realize I would have to go through bootcamp.

deppen
03-02-07, 07:54 PM
to answer your question, from what I remember you probably will beable to come in to the Corps as a PFC (E-2) and will have to go to Recruit Training. There are allot of enlistment options available for the Reserves, call your local Marine Corps Recruiter, and they will make it happen for you. If I lived in your area I'd get in our brotherhood in a second. I hope you decide to join our Corps. Good luck, make sure you call your Recruiter, they will make it happen for you.

rvillac2
03-04-07, 02:53 AM
RR02125,
Congrats on coming back alive and thank you for your service. Earn the title and pass on your knowledge to our younger Marines.
Sgt. V

ggyoung
03-04-07, 10:44 AM
Seems I have heard that depending on MOS, time served in other branches all you might have to do is 3 weeks of Marine history and customs. Don't know for sure. This is from the 3rd. crapper on the left.

Echo_Four_Bravo
03-04-07, 10:54 PM
Thanks for all that you've done for our nation.

You will have to go to bootcamp. You will go as an E-2 but I would assume you would have the inside track at being honor grad and the possibility of being an E-3 at graduation. Everyone that I know that enlisted into the reserve had a 6-2 contract. But, being prior service there could well be other options for you.

Best of luck with whatever you decide to do.