PDA

View Full Version : We need to do something to show we support the troops

dnelson
02-17-03, 10:19 PM
With all the public attention these war protesters recieve it looks like they are in the majority.
Well something needs to be done, we need to show some form of support for all of the troops that are deployed. I do not mean we sign another petion. That just to weak, this needs to be something that shows bodies. Something like what the antiwar Protestors did this last weekend.
I'm open to any suggestions. I will also bring this up at my next MCL meeting on Wed Evening.
We are all spread throuhout the USA. People cannot take timeoff to go to one place. But to just devote an afternoon, some Sat. Would not be to much to ask. Each one of us know several people who would also attend, they could get the word out to their friends. You see where I'm going with this.
This is something we need to do.

Any Ideas now. There are several who are good a designing pages. Someone could come up with a poster we could pass out before hand to get people to attend.

JChristin
02-18-03, 01:27 AM
Hey dnelson,

I wrote in another spot on here about organizing a march to show support. How about it? What do you think? We could garder up public support and have our own little march. This may serve as a moral booster to those serving over there, and send the great Saddam another message: pack your camel bud, time to go home to your cave!

Noticed you live in Dexter, Oregon. My 2nd great-grandfather named that town after his woodstove. He built the old store building there too! He was an early pioneer. PM me if you want more information. Nearly all his decendants who have served in the military have been US Marines.

semper fi
jchristin

Barndog
02-18-03, 03:23 AM
A couple weeks ago, I posted a direct email to a Bro - on the USS Duluth - who just went out of email range. I essentially stated that my feelings were, the 'send military person greetings' sites were pretty - well...... CHEESY none the less.

It seems to me, with the 4,500+ registers members of this site - maybe not all of us are Marines - granted -

I can name off in my community alone - about 10- 20 Marines. Hypothetically speaking - let's say 2000 of Us here are Marines. Each of us knows 5- 10 Marines in the community - give or take. Do the math.

Do your own organization. Let's say we all march on the same day. We can coordinate here, can't we? Sheeeeeeeesh

Marines make initiative - as well as take it. Sometimes I wonder if you forgot that. Let's get moving on it.

Semper Fidelis

dnelson
02-18-03, 08:11 AM
Thats what I'm talking about. I will have some more info tonight there have already been rallies held in Washington state. They are sending me info on how to setup and start a rally. I would post more no but unlike most of the protestors I have to go to work.

Thanks

JChristin
02-19-03, 09:22 PM
Like they taught us at PI:

"**** POOR PLANNING RESULTS IN **** POOR PERFORMANCE."

Let's get this puppy running!

oooh rahhhhhh

semper fi
jchristin

JChristin
02-19-03, 09:23 PM
forgot, the censor machine: