PDA

View Full Version : Kind of disapointed... I puked =[

RuffNight2007
03-01-07, 09:26 PM
I usually don't puke... but today I decided to run a mile after swimming 500 meters x 2. I ate a chicken sandwhich an hour and a half (possibly 2 hours) before swimming and it was all gone after my vomiting session! Why did I puke? Is it because swimming and running don't mix? Did this happen to anyone else?:devious:

Christ0ph
03-01-07, 10:28 PM
eating before running usually doesnt mix

PerXes
03-01-07, 11:23 PM
There's nothing wrong with puking..it just shows that you gave 100%.

Ol Bob
03-02-07, 12:15 AM
I try to run until I puke, that's how I know to stop.

Echo_Four_Bravo
03-02-07, 12:28 AM
When I ran track I would have been disgusted with myself if I wouldn't have puked during a run. It is a good sign.

YLDNDN6
03-02-07, 05:56 AM
I puked after every 3-mile PFT run. I never questioned it, as a lot of the others did the same thing. We had a little ditch along the road that became the official puking spot after every PFT.

RuffNight2007
03-02-07, 07:24 AM
I puked after every 3-mile PFT run. I never questioned it, as a lot of the others did the same thing. We had a little ditch along the road that became the official puking spot after every PFT.

Did your DI's give you guys a hard time for it?

YLDNDN6
03-02-07, 07:31 AM
Actually, I don't think I ever puked in boot camp. Just afterwords at other duty stations. I think it may have had a lot to do with diet and habits, too. I liked to eat the variety of foods you can get off base, rather than the tried and true chow hall food. Also, I tended to have a drink or two with my meals, which would usually lead to a few more. Not the smartest thing to do.

Phantom Blooper
03-02-07, 11:48 AM
I usually don't puke... but today I decided to run a mile after swimming 500 meters x 2. I ate a chicken sandwhich an hour and a half (possibly 2 hours) before swimming and it was all gone after my vomiting session! Why did I puke? Is it because swimming and running don't mix? Did this happen to anyone else?:devious:

This is just something everybody really wants to know...was it chunky or runny? :banana:

If you quit having all those RUFF NIGHTS you might not puke.

sabbs88
03-02-07, 01:21 PM
youre not really suppose to eat 2 hours before PT. your just jumping up and down and that upsets the stomach with food in it and you'll just end up throwing it back up.

before i wrestled, i ate half a bagel with butter, half a granola bar, and reduced gatorade with water.

then you eat the rest one hour after.

Allen870922
03-02-07, 02:41 PM
Nothing to be ashamed about for puking when running. I hope that you didn't stop to puke though. Run and puke. It shows you're committed.

SgtShipley
03-02-07, 03:39 PM
Turned 54 last month and still running. I don't remember ever puking, but I definitely hate to run in really cold weather....hurts to breath. I took up running seriously after returning from Nam in 1971. I was a grunt with 3/5 and 3/1. I hated running when I was in high school football and definitely hated it in boot camp. For some reason... a few months after getting back to the states, I started running. I think we had to get ready for our first state side PRT. I started running in the evenings and found that it help me rest better at night. I have sleep problems due to Nam and this seem to help. I later ran in all kinds of weather..including 100+ degree heat. ( I was running before Forest Gump was ever thought of ) I never eat just before a run. I usually wait until I get back and cool down. I also work out with weights. Not into body building....just trying to stay in half way shape. My motto for years has been.....IF I REST, I RUST... Semper Fi. :flag:

On the plains of hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions
who at the dawn of victory lay down to rest, and in resting died.
Adlai E. Stevenson

ZSKI
03-02-07, 04:43 PM
Did your DI's give you guys a hard time for it?

My DI smoked us if we didn''t puke after our PFT.

RuffNight2007
03-02-07, 09:52 PM
This is just something everybody really wants to know...was it chunky or runny? :banana:

If you quit having all those RUFF NIGHTS you might not puke.

It was actually pretty damn chunky. :yes:

LoCapitano
03-02-07, 11:02 PM
Like every one else is saying theres nothing wrong with puking...

My senior use to tell us that if you are not puking every thing out you could have done better...

Just last week we were running a PFT and I purposely didnt eat breakfest in order to avoid being sick, but as soon as i got past the 3 mile marker, My Chicken pot pie from the night before became fertilizer

Allen870922
03-02-07, 11:12 PM
Like every one else is saying theres nothing wrong with puking...

My senior use to tell us that if you are not puking every thing out you could have done better...

Just last week we were running a PFT and I purposely didnt eat breakfest in order to avoid being sick, but as soon as i got past the 3 mile marker, My Chicken pot pie from the night before became fertilizer

My first senior wouldn't allow us to puke without permission. I didn't feel like asking for permission, so I never puked.

poolee18
03-03-07, 01:53 PM
I pted yesterday and i puke for the first time doing something active and it felt good.