PDA

View Full Version : Another reason I love my job: Going to a Poolee function tonight

quillhill
03-01-07, 06:59 PM
I'm going to a Poolee function tonight at the Recruiting Station in Kent, WA, taking a photographer with me.
I'm working on an article for my newspaper, the Covington/Maple Valley Reporter (www.maplevalleyreporter.com), about the military as a career path and wanted to talk to Poolees who have chosen to go to recruit training the summer after high school graduation.
I've also spoken with the local Army and Navy recruiters, but the Marine Corps public affairs officer was the first one of the services I've contacted that gave me the go ahead. Hopefully I'll hear from the Navy PAO next week after he has returned from leave.
Anyway, I'm really looking forward to talking to recruiters and Poolees tonight. Should be fun. :)

jinelson
03-01-07, 07:26 PM
Have fun Kris Im sure that you will continue to be amazed by the new breed. I can't wait to read your story.

Jim

GySgtRet
03-01-07, 07:30 PM
Have a good time. And remeber what you see in a Poolee meeting is preparing these you men and women for recruit training. I had fun at this when I did this at family nights and other poolee functions that w ehad.

Thank you for what you do...

:banana::yes:

quillhill
03-04-07, 02:09 AM
I had a great time at the Poolee function Thursday. I felt like I learned a whole lot and this will be beneficial for my story.
Both of the young men that I interviewed are in the Running Start program and one will have his associate's degree when he graduates from high school this June.
Perhaps a few of my readers will be enlightened about why people join the military and some of the misconceptions people have will be dispelled.
I'm shooting to have my story done in time to run next Saturday.
By the way, the recruiter at RSS Kent, SSgt. Atonio, knows our friend Seeley well.
I'll let you know when the story is going to run.
I have a whole new level of respect for those of you in here who have enlisted and are members of the Delayed Entry Program.