PDA

View Full Version : Off Topic

Moderboater
03-01-07, 11:41 AM
I was wondering if any Marines, knew of a great way to improve your reading speed?

Its a strange question I know, but I am almost finished with my classes in school, and I can't leave early, so that means I have to read, and granted I read alot of computer security forums all day, but I want a way to improve my reading speed so I can get more accomplished, not to mention it will come in handy when I read the "Big Green Monster" in bootcamp.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated

Moderboater

rvillac2
03-01-07, 04:11 PM
Believe me. There is no difficult reading in boot camp. Reading is just like any other skill or physical ability. It gets better with practice. However, remember the motto, train as you fight. If you want to get better at reading textbooks, read more textbooks. If you only read forums, you'll get used to skipping over lines and skimming messages. This is not necessarily good practice for reading instructional material that is dense and full of technical details.

You'll study and read the hardest in your MOS school. But don't worry, the training programs are tailored for your current skill level. That's what the ASVAB is for.