PDA

View Full Version : Special Ops

dsaga259
02-28-07, 09:51 PM
It seems common knowledge that the basic marine is better combat trained right out of the gate. I always wondered if their special forces are considered more elite as well. Is the training given to green berets and seals similar or up to the standards of the marine recons. I have always been curious about this topic. Thanks

Echo_Four_Bravo
02-28-07, 10:37 PM
First, always capitalize the word Marine.

Second, the Marine Recon people have a different mission than the Navy SEALS, which have a different mission that Special Forces (Green Berets), which have a different mission from PJ's. Of course, everyone here is going to tell you that Marines are better. If you go to one of the forums for the other services, they will tell you their people are better. In all truthfulness, when you're talking about warriors at this level, they're all very good at what they do and can perform their given mission better than anyone else in the world.

Quinbo
03-01-07, 09:57 AM
Very good response E4B!

dsaga259
03-05-07, 01:17 PM
Thanks for the reply, I always wondered about that. Do you guys know what the main differences are between these elite forces besides being in different branches?

Thanks

Echo_Four_Bravo
03-05-07, 01:24 PM
Depends what you're wanting to know about. Special Forces' main objective is to train and work with indegenous people. the Seals are intended to do recon work and "black" ops for the Navy. The Force Recon guys give Recon to the MAGTF on landing zones and enemy capability and locations in addition to the more covert type operations. THe AF Combat Controlers jump into enemy held territory to direct preassault air strikes and PJ's provide combat search and rescue services to pilots, and other people that may need it.

That is the best I can explain. In reality, it isn't something that you're probably going to understand anyway. In all honesty, if you're wanting a career in these type of units, I wish you good luck. But you should remember that the vast majority of people that enlist wanting to do this type of work will never do it.

FistFu68
03-05-07, 03:47 PM
:evilgrin: THE ONLY ONE'S I EVER MET,WHO COULD SPEAK MULTIPLE LANGUAGES FLUENTLY;WERE GREEN-BERET'S.THEIR I.Q LEVEL IS PUSHING GENIUS!:usmc:

maverickmarine
03-05-07, 03:55 PM
I was leaving this one alone because overall E4B is covering it pretty well and like he said most of it the young man wouldn't understand etc....

But, holy **** Fist, are you crazy?? Don't say that about the Greenie Beanies. I have some buddies that were in S/F and I damn sure wouldn't ever say they were pushing genius and wouldn't ever give them the satisfaction of hearing that a Marine said that. Matter of fact before they breach our perimeter and gain intel. we should delete that and never speak of it again, LOL.

FistFu68
03-05-07, 07:07 PM
:evilgrin: HEY RECON,I GREW UP IN THAT CHIT;ARMY BRAT~BY BIRTH~MARINE BY CHOICE~SURVIVIOR BY THE GRACE OF GOD~AND THE HEROIC'S OF A FEW PROUD MARINES~BY THE TIME YOU WENT IN THEY LOWERED THE STANDARD'S~(LMAO)!!!S/F BRO!!!:D :iwo:

maverickmarine
03-06-07, 05:56 AM
LMAO! Ya got me with that one, I almost spit coke all over the freakin' computer...

FistFu68
03-06-07, 07:19 AM
:evilgrin: YOU DON'T HAVE MY PERMISSION,TO GO CHOKING ON ME SGT.M;BY THE WAY. I NEED YOU'R YOUNG AZZ, UP; WALKING POINT FOR THE NEXT YEAR!(LMAO):D :iwo: S/F~10/4

maverickmarine
03-06-07, 07:43 AM
Fist, if you'll lock that funny **** up, I'll be able to carry on! LOL