PDA

View Full Version : Question for the Reservist Marines

BigWayne3000
02-28-07, 08:10 PM
When do you have to check into your Reserve Unit? I'm currently at 29 Palms for MOS training and I graduate MArch 21. When do I check into my Reserve Unit? I know it should be on the orders but my class havent gotten them yet for whatever reason and I'm just wondering because I keep hearing a bunch of different answers. 1 is that I have 1 day of travel time and have to check in that same day while others I've heard you call and they just tell you when to show up or whatever. I'm just curious so any help is appreciated. Thank you

hump_drop
02-28-07, 08:13 PM
Check your orders, but if they don't have a date on them (unlikely that they won't) then call your I&I staff at your unit the next business day after you return from MOS school.

rvillac2
03-01-07, 04:41 PM
Call the unit as soon as you get home. It won't take long to process you in and then you just have to show up at the next drill.

Remember that you're reporting to a new duty station. Wear your Alphas and have a regulation hair cut.

Quick story:
Same day I checked into Reserve Unit, I went down the highway to JCPenneys to apply for a security position. The receptionist called the Security manager and when he arrived he said "you're hired." I asked, shouldn't I fill out an application? He pointed to my Alphas and said "you're wearing your application and I can see you're qualified."
They didn't even have an opening at that time. ;)
Semper Fi!
Sgt V

RTjman
03-06-07, 11:00 AM
BigWayne3000 its funny you mention leaving 2-9 for the reserves. I remember checking out july 11 06 into the reserves. It was one of the happiest days in my USMC history so far.. I mean hey, I had picked up the class meritorious promotion, certificate of achievment for my little 293 pft, the class warrior award, AND I got to leave hell and go HOME wow.. lol, whats your MOS? and rvillac 2, that is truly motivating! haha

Echo_Four_Bravo
03-06-07, 03:43 PM
Come on now, 29 Palms is a great place to be. Easy drive to Palm Spring, Las Vegas, LA, and San Diego. It is my personal favorite.

ZSKI
03-06-07, 06:01 PM
Usually the date is literally right after you get out like 1 to two days. Just call them cause most likley they an't going to be there.

RTjman
03-06-07, 10:34 PM
Come on now, 29 Palms is a great place to be. Easy drive to Palm Spring, Las Vegas, LA, and San Diego. It is my personal favorite.

Well, that is true, and once i met more people out in town it got way more tolerable.. I DO miss the new chow hall too:p