PDA

View Full Version : When do orders for ship date come in?

firebrick
02-28-07, 11:52 AM
I have my paperwork that says I enlisted but no where on it does it say when I actually start recruit training. When will I receive official orders with a date on it? I know my start date is July 16 but I have nothing official to state it. I need something official to give to my work. Just wondering when most poolies receive that official form. Thanks.

ianmusto
02-28-07, 01:43 PM
i know at a poolee meeting 30 days prior to some poolees shipping they got paperwork probly with the exact time and date when there supposed to go to meps, a fairwell package:thumbup:

RuffNight2007
02-28-07, 03:01 PM
Dude... its your contract. Your ship date should be on there... and most likely is... your just blind. =D

BrentAndrew
02-28-07, 03:02 PM
No, he needs actual orders for work that say when hes required to report. I know my work requires them.

firebrick
02-28-07, 08:32 PM
Ya, something with a date would be great!!

ChevyTough1991
03-01-07, 01:20 AM
If you've already been to the MEPS, it should be on your actual contract along with your MOS option, your term of commitment, etc.

BrentAndrew
03-01-07, 05:28 AM
Yea, I have to wait... my date hs changed since my contract.

GySgtRet
03-01-07, 06:07 AM
You will not get an exact date for recruit training to start unless things have changed drastically you and everybody elde will wait for an entire series to form before you reach what is called TD1 or training day 1. Till you reach TD1 you are considered to be in receiving. That said, if your current employer needs a set of papers then you need to either get with your recruiter to authorize a copy be provided to your employer, or have your employer call your recruiter so he can advance the information so questions won't have to be asked of you incase you cannot answer the questions.

I hope this clears things up for all of you.

Echo_Four_Bravo
03-01-07, 12:05 PM
I got my ship date about 2 days before I left. I got the actual orders when I was at MEPS the day I shipped. It all worked out fine. You know when you're leaving, and they know what you need when you get there.