PDA

View Full Version : Introducing Myself

osborned
02-28-07, 12:31 AM
Hello everyone, just thought I'd introduce myself to the group. My name is David Osborne, I'm 23, and I've DEP-ed in with a ship date of August 13th this year. My MOS is Data Systems, and I intend to get into an enlisted-to-officer program as soon as I can. I've already got an Associates (general studies) so I'm a bit ahead there. I took the ASVAB back in January, got a AFQT of 99 with a GT of 142, the other scores were all around 140. I know that this should qualify me for some bonuses and such, but I'm just hoping it gets me ahead on the OCS application.

I currently work as a webmaster for Redlands Community College in El Reno, Oklahoma, so if anybody is from around there give me a shout on AIM, my screenname's on my profile. I'm married, and am about to move into a house we've almost finished building in Edmond, OK, which means I'll get to live in it for about five months before I have to hit San Diego.

Anyway, thanks for allowing me to join the community, I know I'll pick up a lot of tips and info here.

yellowwing
02-28-07, 02:39 AM
Welcome aboard. You have already proved your worth to many. Now comes your hardest test. Can you stand up and be counted amongst over 200 years of the most ornery customers America has ever produced?

You want the pleasure of leading us? Can you chew nails and spit bullets? Do you have the character to reach deep and make the right decisions?

Take some time to research Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller. Look into some of the daily grind he went through. When he was not busy being a genuine hero he still had to do the ordinary job of leading Marines. There of all places is where his character was tested.

jinelson
02-28-07, 06:27 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v660/jinelson/156100.jpg

Welcome Aboard Osborned!

Here's a PLC link by one of our members I think you may find it interesting.

Jim

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35882

David Jameson
02-28-07, 06:29 AM
Please to meet you os.

bootlace15
02-28-07, 07:00 AM
JUST DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bootlace15 out

YLDNDN6
02-28-07, 07:02 AM
Welcome aboard, MARINE!!! Now, git ya some!!! And git us a little, too!!!

davecerami275
02-28-07, 07:33 AM
welcome aboard

YLDNDN6
02-28-07, 07:41 AM
I correct my last post here...prematurely using the title MARINE...thought I was in the thread of the Marine who is on boot leave...welcome aboard, though David!!!

davblay
02-28-07, 08:38 AM
Welcome to the brotherhood, remember all of us old JARHEADS that came before you and "GIT R DUN", semper fi