PDA

View Full Version : Inventory of tattoos upon checking into duty station

BigWayne3000
02-27-07, 10:12 PM
is it true that they do an inventory of your tattoos when you check into your duty station? I realize the new policy being adopted is that tattoos cant show in PT gear and right now, I'm in 29 Palms in school and I'm a reservist. When I get out of school, I'll have a little while I think to check into my station and I was planning on getting a tribal dragon tattoo on my calf as I've always wanted one and I figured that I'll get it before I check in so when they do the inventory it'll be on there and wont get too much heat for it as opposed to getting it a year or 2 down the road. All I want to know is if they really do an inventory of your tattoos or not. Thanks in advance.

cplbrooks
02-28-07, 08:02 AM
I would wait. What if this tattoo becomes a problem? It will be too late if you get it before you fully understand the policy or the problems that it may cause down the road. I had read somewhere that tattoos may cause problems with promotions etc in the near future. Better to be safe than sorry. You can always get a new tattoo in the future. You cant get rid of it once it is there. I would wait until you get to your permenant duty station or reserve unit before getting anything that you think might be questionable. Once you are there just ask the 1st Sgt what the policy is.