PDA

View Full Version : USMC football

sabbs88
02-27-07, 06:32 PM
i know this aint the Air Force, Navy, or Army, but i was wondering if the Marines have like some sort of like intramural team of some sort? or maybe tackle with pads to make it even better...any info would be cool. thanks...

fraser
02-27-07, 06:34 PM
i think they do, but im really not sure, if they do im playing

Soon2BeVIP
02-27-07, 08:00 PM
Haha I was just about to say that, but I didn't want to because I wasn't positive that there wasn't any team...Real Marines would be to busy for that...:)

Marine84
02-27-07, 08:15 PM
This says it all:

http://www.leatherneck.com/images/football.jpg

OOHRAH!

RuffNight2007
02-27-07, 08:24 PM
This says it all:

http://www.leatherneck.com/images/football.jpg

You beat me to it. I actually have this in my myspace profile =D

Echo_Four_Bravo
02-27-07, 10:32 PM
Many of the bases do have football. I played at two bases and also learned to love rugby in the Corps. I remember hearing stories about Camp Pendleton football getting pretty big at one point.

We also had unit softball teams and a base baseball team. If you want to be involved in sports, you can find a way to do it.

Bullrider
02-27-07, 10:58 PM
Many of the bases do have football. I played at two bases and also learned to love rugby in the Corps. I remember hearing stories about Camp Pendleton football getting pretty big at one point.

We also had unit softball teams and a base baseball team. If you want to be involved in sports, you can find a way to do it.

Thats very cool, im a prop for one of the local teams. I tried starting a rugby club at my school but they said it wasnt worth it because of the liability issues which is understandable. Yet schools have rodeo and that is much more dangerous then playing some boots.

Echo_Four_Bravo
02-27-07, 11:16 PM
There are few people that know anything about rugby when they first show up at one of the practices. Clearly you'll be ahead of the game if you decide to play.

bigdog43701
02-28-07, 07:32 AM
in 1980 while at k-bay we had a tackle football team for the base and several intramural softball teams (we played softball year round). the base softball team (HAWAII MARINES) was state class A softball champs three years in a row. had a marine (Jernny HOLLY) who evertime he put a bat on the ball knocked it out of the park. still have my trophy.

thedrifter
02-28-07, 07:42 AM
Late hubby(Roger) played football for the USMC...He was a running back...
He always wore the number 12 since high school...;)

Ellie

Old Marine
02-28-07, 09:33 AM
MCRD San Diego used to have a football team and played against colleges in the area. Used to beat hell out of San Diego State consistantly. A few of these Marines went on to play Pro football.

Big Daddy Lipscome (lineman)
Danny Villueneva (kicker for Rams)

Curt Geezus
03-02-07, 08:47 AM
Didn't Mike Anderson, formerly of the Denver Broncos, play football while in the Marines?

Old Marine
03-02-07, 09:07 AM
Sure did. Anderson played 8 man football at Camp Pendleton. This was before the present conflict in Iraq.

ZSKI
03-02-07, 04:44 PM
I know we have a basketball team.

fraser
03-03-07, 08:36 PM
my mcjrotc senior instructor said he played football in the Marines, but im not sure how long ago that was