PDA

View Full Version : Two Perspectives On 'Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell'

thedrifter
02-27-07, 04:40 PM
Two Perspectives On 'Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell' <br />
KFOX 14 El Paso <br />
POSTED: 2:32 pm MST February 27, 2007 <br />
<br />
Since the Iraq war began, the military has lowered its standards for age, education and criminal...

SkilletsUSMC
02-27-07, 05:29 PM
Sgt. Brian Fricke is in violation of the dont ask dont tell policy. I looked him up and he is a reservist. His MOS is 6323 Aircraft Communications/Navigation/Electrical Systems Technician, CH-53.

I found his work number, and am contemplating calling it. I dont care if it makes me a biggot, I dont want gays in the Marine Corps. If anyone else wants it PM me and Ill hook you up. Just think, all he had to do is keep his trap shut.

He says on the ground in Iraq, the Marines who he did "come out" to had no problem with his sexuality. A recent Zogby poll backs him up, showing three out of four soldiers back from Iraq and Afghanistan felt comfortable interacting with gay people.

Anybody else not buy this quote? I know a gay guy would have been shunned in my unit.

sgtmaj
02-27-07, 08:26 PM
maybe times are changing....at least they say they are. some things for the better and obviously some things for the worse. look what happened to our boot camp, the Corps over reacted to a small percentage who took it upon themselves to get too physical with recruits. It just isn't the same mental toughness when I see these young kids coming home from boot. And now the concern is gays.....what the heck is this world coming to? We have enough to worry about with all this crap going on around the world and even here in our own country, and now we have to be concerned about whether gays pose a problem? Well the way I see this is that we never should have started this darn 'don't ask, don't tell' stuff. I have a tendency of agreeing with that Col - we don't need more problems to deal with.:evilgrin:

thedrifter
02-28-07, 05:20 AM
Bill targets 'don't ask, don't tell' <br />
Updated 2/28/2007 1:11 AM ET <br />
By Andrea Stone, USA TODAY <br />
<br />
Brian Fricke, a former Marine sergeant who served nine months in Iraq's Anbar province, wasn't...

Sgt Leprechaun
02-28-07, 07:01 AM
Utter crap. More social engineering being disguised as "faaaaiiiirrrrnesss".

I've said it before, I'll say it again; I'll support this when I'm allowed to live, shower, and use the same head as the female Marines. It's the EXACT same thing.

I'm all for "equality", as long as everyone is equal.

thedrifter
03-01-07, 07:09 AM
Gay veteran calls for end of 'Don't ask, don't tell' <br />
POSTED: 10:06 p.m. EST, February 28, 2007 <br />
<br />
By Larry Shaughnessy <br />
CNN <br />
<br />
WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Staff Sgt. Eric Alva was one of the first Americans...

Sgt Leprechaun
03-01-07, 07:21 AM
No.

And, Shali is the same guy who instituted the beret for everyone in the army, IIRC. So that they could all feel "special". Nuff said.

crate78
03-01-07, 09:47 AM
Seems to me the gays brought this on themselves by insisting on making an issue of it.

When I was active, no one made a big deal of it. There was someone you wondered about once in a while, but outside of maybe a few discreet comments to your known straight buddies, as long as they did their job no one cared or pursued it.

What really yanks my chain is when gays, per se, act like I'M the one with a problem because I find the thought of sexual activity with anyone but an adult consenting female totally disgusting.

crate

Quinbo
03-01-07, 10:31 AM
Ok butt pirate go take a shower and put on your pink slippers. Are you done? Fine the rest of the Marine Corps can now go take a shower without a meat gazer in their presence.

bigdog43701
03-01-07, 10:41 AM
i think there should be gays in the Marines...we all need moving targets to shoot at.

maverickmarine
03-01-07, 11:01 AM
Ok butt pirate go take a shower and put on your pink slippers. Are you done? Fine the rest of the Marine Corps can now go take a shower without a meat gazer in their presence.

That's some funny freakin' **** right there!

USMCmailman
03-01-07, 11:12 AM
Bulkyker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I laughed so hard I wet myself !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Soon2BeVIP
03-01-07, 11:13 AM
i think there should be gays in the Marines...we all need moving targets to shoot at.
haha?

jryanjack
03-01-07, 12:01 PM
Utter crap. More social engineering being disguised as "faaaaiiiirrrrnesss".

I've said it before, I'll say it again; I'll support this when I'm allowed to live, shower, and use the same head as the female Marines. It's the EXACT same thing.

I'm all for "equality", as long as everyone is equal.

That's the ticket!

thedrifter
03-01-07, 01:12 PM
Ridiculous that You Can Fight and Die for Your Country but Have to Live a Lie Meanwhile? <br />
<br />
Patrick Lockyer <br />
March 1, 2007 <br />
American Chronicle, CA <br />
<br />
I served nine years in the Royal Corps of...

drumcorpssnare
03-01-07, 02:49 PM
The Marine Corps does not have a 6969 MOS. Therefore there are no billets for bonesmokers or carpetmunchers.:banana:

That is all.
drumcorpssnare:usmc:

ErikHeiker
03-01-07, 03:25 PM
Don't Ask, Don't Tell, Don't Join.