PDA

View Full Version : hardest thing i've ever done

cherrysupernerd
02-16-03, 10:42 PM
HEY can all you Devil Dogs give this proud USMC wife a little room to say how proud I am today to be married to one of the FEW the PROUD the MARINES???

As I watched him grab his seabags and molly gear and disappear into a sea of camaflouge part of me wanted to scream
DON'T TAKE MY HUSBAND
but more of me wanted to scream
THAT'S MY MARINE!!!!!!

I thought my proudest moment as a Marine wife would be the day that we got married in an all out military wedding, but we did it quick and i'll get the wedding when God and Old Glory see fit, until then I am still a proud military wife. I wasn't there for boot camp and one of hte most beautiful things I have ever seen was watching him return to PI to stand on those footsteps for a visit just a few months ago, but today as I stood in a maintenace bay I realized what the job was really about. I watched a mother say goodbye to her 12 month old child, a PFC with no family to come to say goodbye, newlyweds like myself (2 months 2days) all gather to say goodbye and goodluck to our marines. I realized that our love was just a drop in the bucket compared to the love that these marines feel for their country and that is a greater cause and I as one person had no right to stand in the way of these brave men and women making good on their oath to serve with HONOR COURAGE AND COMMITMENT!!
So with that all i have left to say is:

Often I wonder, why can’t he stay?
Why is it my love must go away?

I speak for so many this thing that I ask,
Why must our loved ones complete this great task?

I thought long and hard, about our beloved men
And the battle they are about to begin.

Why must they go why, can’t they stay?
They must go and fight for the American way.

For what is it that these brave men fight?
For everything that we know is good and is right.

They fight for our freedom, today and tomorrow
For justice and peace, an end to man’s sorrow.

How can he go and fight this great war?
He must go and make good on the oath that he swore.

But of the many why is it these few?
Because it is only America’s BEST that will do.

Why must they leave us with rings, babies, and lives?
We must serve with them too, as their women, their wives.

We must have courage, be pillars of strength,
It is for us that these men go the length.

Why are we left waiting as they go and answer the call?
Cause we’re married to MARINES, the strongest of ‘em all!!

The first to go, the last to know, live or die Semper Fi!

JAMarine
02-16-03, 11:11 PM
Your Marine has Thousands and Thousands of Brothers and Sisters looking out for him now.
You have done you part with courage and smartness. It is now time to wait for his return.
God Bless you during this time and may your empty hours be filled with thoughts and dreams and plans for your Marines homecoming.
Your both in our prayers.

cherrysupernerd
02-16-03, 11:18 PM
the way i see it is this
He came into my life when i needed someone more than anything, he has made my life complete. The USMC can't want him there more than I want him here, but they must need him to complete something now. They had him first, it's their turn now.

JChristin
02-17-03, 01:34 AM
What love you have shown for your Marine, your country, and the Corps. You are a first-class lady. You and your family are in my prayers.

semper fi
jchristin

marinemom
02-17-03, 06:07 AM
Outstanding attitude - and remember that you have the toughest job in the Corps.

There is an old line - something about those who stnad and wait also serve - and Marine wives do serve and serve magnificently.

Your Marine wll also be in my prayers - and so will you.

cherrysupernerd
02-17-03, 01:21 PM
thanks!
i had a very bad attitude about this at first--sarcastic stuff like didn't you outgrow sandboxes a long time ago etc.
I was mad sad and so many other emotions but this is what he has to do. I have already talked to him three times since he left, and so many of the Marines who left with him were giving him a hard time saying "i thought you said you were going to pack her in your seabag" because they knew how much i mean to him. so many of them came up to me and told me how much they know he loves me and that they think we made a good decision about getting married early etc. that i know he is in good hands. he is supposed to call as soon as he gets settled in country he should have arrived about an hour ago so i am hoping to hear from him soon. there are calls rolling in frommy church with people asking for someone to write to in his BN so tht will keep me busy.