PDA

View Full Version : Gas Prices!

Sparrowhawk
02-16-03, 09:47 AM
I had to take a quick trip to Scottsdale, Arizona Saturday and back early this morning.

Gas prices here in Southern Califonria is about $1.89 a gallon.

IN Arizona, Phoenix area it was $1.39.

What's up with that?

Humm, Maybe we can take advantage of this Iraq war, take over their oil fields, snuff the Saudi's oil production by lowering prices and maybe I'll get my 50 cents difference back.

Humm, seems like "Don't hurt, the oil" will be the rally cry as we go to war!

Sparrowhawk
02-17-03, 04:14 PM
Oil prices ease from 2-year highs

LONDON, Feb. 17 — Oil prices fell on Monday from two-year highs set last week as international divisions gaped wide over whether to wage war on Iraq. Sentiment also weakened after an OPEC source said the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries would likely suspend output quotas and pump at will should war halt Iraqi crude supplies.

ON LONDON’S International Petroleum Exchange (IPE), benchmark Brent crude fell 55 cents to $31.95 a barrel. The U.S. market is shut for Presidents’ Day.

Traders said the market was weakening following the steep gains of last week, but that oil traders still believed war on Iraq was likely despite deep divisions in the international community and mass popular protests over the weekend against a U.S.-led attack.

“I think the market was overbought,” said Christopher Bellew of Prudential Bache brokerage. “I think a war in the middle of March is still quite probable.”

SUPPLY FEARS
Traders fear a war could disrupt supplies from the oil-rich Middle East, although analysts believe that if military action were swift and decisive, prices could spike, then fall sharply.

On Monday, an OPEC source said the cartel would probably agree to suspend temporarily output limits and pump at will if an attack on Iraq halted exports from the world’s eighth largest exporter.

“One or two countries could volunteer to make up for the loss of supplies should war start on Iraq, but they would need the blessing of other members,” the source said, asking not to be named.

“It would be a temporary exemption, just as long as it takes to compensate for the loss and cool off the market,” he added.

After any war, OPEC would return to its current ceiling of 24.5 million barrels per day, he added.

In the immediate term, supplies potentially face disruption from a strike over pay and conditions by senior Nigerian oil workers who supervise exports.

Government and oil company officials said Monday the action was having no immediate impact on crude exports, but the oil workers union said blue-collar workers would join in the action and it expected export loadings to be affected.

Rock
02-17-03, 05:11 PM
Prices are going up, aren't they?

http://64.246.20.141/~admin7/admin2/images/33.jpg

SHOOTER1
02-17-03, 06:11 PM
Gas here has gone up an average of 4cents a day for the last 13 days, and thats the cheap stuff.

Osotogary
02-17-03, 06:21 PM
About $1.68 - $1.78 per gallon for regular in and around the Miami-Ft.Lauderdale area.

wrbones
02-17-03, 06:35 PM
$1.59 in Rapid City for regular.

greybeard
02-17-03, 10:52 PM
I like to see it a little higher, my dividends might go up. Or stay low, so more people will buy more-same difference in the long run. $1.55 here. But, realistically, on a 20gal purchase, the difference between $1.30/gal & $1.60/gal is only $6. Guess it depends how much driving you do tho.
Don

Rob Parry
02-19-03, 03:51 PM
Please gents, calm down. Much as you guys applaud Blair, or Blur as we call him, his Govt is soaking us for approximately $1.05 / Litre. (we have to buy ours in French gallons!)
Now go back and read that again. $6 / Imperial Gallon. His Finance Minister (Chancellor of the Exchequer) doesn't drive, neither do various other ministers. They wonder why those of us who live outside the cities howl every time the price/tax goes up.

I filled my little Peugeot today. 320 miles will cost me £30 or approx $42.:mad:

albert torcini
02-19-03, 04:21 PM
IF YOU ALL THINK GAS PRICES ARE HIGH,I JUST PAID A 1.61 A GALLON FOR HEATING OIL. PRICES ARE GOING THROUGH THE ROOF.
ALSO,WHY ARE FUEL PRICES DIFFERENT IN CERTAIN AREAS.ITS WHATEVER THE MARKET WILL BEAR.IS IT A SHAME OR A SCAM.
COMING FROM THE CITY,I WOULD HAVE TO SAY SCAM.
LIFE GOES ON AND NOTHING GETS DONE.
SEMPER FI, AL T

SHOOTER1
02-19-03, 08:52 PM
Its called Profitering, and its illigal, but appearantly our citiys and county ,and state govts., dont give a damm.

JChristin
02-19-03, 09:16 PM
Gas - unleaded in Portland Or $1.78 a gallon

We're a port city. Why soooo high here when we get it delivered directly off the ships! No added transportation costs, like say to middle America.

Oh well, I'll work my butter off riding my Trek mountain bike as soon as the sun warms thing up a wee bit.

Hope everyone on that east coast is getting ready for warming weather and flooding. It ain't over until the fat Marine signs...

semper fi
jchristin