PDA

View Full Version : MCIs

BigWayne3000
02-24-07, 05:14 PM
What are some good MCIs to do if your looking to pick up Cpl. I'm currently a PFC(contract since boot camp June 5th 06) and my 9 month mark was Feb 5 2007 so I should be getting LCpl March 1. I want to send out for MCIs so I can get a start on them ASAP. What are some good MCIs to do to help. Id imagine there are required ones for each rank so any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Echo_Four_Bravo
02-24-07, 05:54 PM
Your command may have a list that they want you to do. If not, it doesn't matter too much what you do, as long as you get them done. When I got boots, I made them order three as soon as they got to the platoon.

1. Personal Finance.
2. Math for Marines
3. Terrorism Awareness

There used to be a series that everyone did when they were a LCPL, but they canceled them. Last I checked there were still series for you once you pick up CPL. Regrdless, they aren't difficult and getting them out of the way quickly is a good point. I always had some MCIs because we had down time in the field and it gave me something to do.

millar123
02-24-07, 09:11 PM
If you want good MCI's then do the ones that pertain to your job, and as EFB said those ones you must do first, i am a PFC and i have already done three. And have ordered three more, get started early.

Quinbo
02-26-07, 09:09 PM
There is a catalog full of MCI's and I believe you can have 3 on order at any given time. Pick out 3 of interest then ask an NCO what they think. Some of them are an absolute bear to complete and some of them are like waxing your heels and slipping on a marble floor.

There used to be some motivated platoons that would order one book and as many tests as there were Marines. The guide and squad leaders would go over the entire course as a platoon and then the entire platoon took the test. The platoon sergeant checked the answers and anyone without a passing grade got tutored then retook it. Everyone got an A ;)

Might be something a motivated PFC could suggest to his unit.

Echo_Four_Bravo
02-26-07, 11:14 PM
Bulkyker, I had my squad doing that for a while. It worked well. If it would have been a PFC's idea he would have been my favorite boot!