PDA

View Full Version : Where on MOL does it state next promotion date?

BigWayne3000
02-24-07, 04:29 PM
I just signed up for my MOL account and I;m trying to find out when my next promotion date is. I'm currently a PFC and was contract. I went to boot camp June 5th and my 9 month mark was Feb. 5 so in theory, I should be getting Lcpl March 1 but I want to make sure but I cant find it on MOL. any help is appreciated. Thank you

davecerami275
02-24-07, 04:44 PM
Decentralized Promotions (E-2 and E-3)

Decentralized Promotions means that the unit (company) is the promotion authority. By theory, the commander decides who gets promoted and who doesn't. In actuality, because there are no quotas for promotion for E-2s and E-3s, commanders pretty much promote everyone (as long as they do their job okay and don't get into trouble) who meet the "promotion criteria." The "promotion criteria" is set by the Marine Corps to ensure that the "promotion flow" remains stable, and everyone (regardless of MOS) can expect to be promoted at the same (approximate) time-frame.
The promotion criteria for promotion to the ranks of E-2 to E-3 are:

Private First Class (E-2) - Six months Time-In-Service (TIS) with six months Time-In-Grade (TIG)
Lance Corporal (E-3) - Nine months TIS and eight months TIG

Echo_Four_Bravo
02-24-07, 05:56 PM
If you were a contract PFC you were a PFC when you went to boot camp. You get credit for months, not days. So, you count June, July, August, September, October, November, December. January, and February for your none months. So, you are correct, you should be picking up your crossed rifles on March 1.

As for where it is on MOL, I have no idea.