PDA

View Full Version : Specialized schools

mprat
02-23-07, 05:49 PM
I was windering if a Marine enlistment contract has possibilities for gauranteed specialized schools. I know the army has a program to try out for Ranger training and I wondered if the Marines have any similar options like recon or sniper or airborne.
Thanks

Marine84
02-23-07, 10:09 PM
Yes, but in order to get into one - you have to stand at attention, tap your heels together 3 times while saying" I wannabe Recon, I wannabe Recon, I wannabe Recon" then all of a sudden, you get orders and you're in Recon.

Technically they're all specialized schools - I didn't know a dam thing about Ordnance before I went in - I got sent to that "specialized school" where ALL they taught me about had a fuse on it. Then the last day of school, our instructors told us to forget EVERYTHING that we had been taught because most of us would be seeing it for the last time (meaning we were going into MOSs that we wouldn't use that info anyway - which I did - my A school was my foundation for what was coming).

SkilletsUSMC
02-23-07, 10:29 PM
Mprat

My Suggestion should you Join the Marine Corps is to go into infantry, and take the recon or sniper indoc. They wont give that to you at the recruiters office, but you can take the indoc as many times so should you not make it he first time, all hope is not lost.

bigdog43701
02-24-07, 06:37 AM
these questions come up so often that i think it's time to start a Forum called "WANNABE RECON". Then maybe all these wannabes will have someplace to go and research.

Marine84
02-24-07, 12:45 PM
I believe there already IS such a place

maverickmarine
02-24-07, 12:58 PM
these questions come up so often that i think it's time to start a Forum called "WANNABE RECON". Then maybe all these wannabes will have someplace to go and research.

No ****! Either that or they can be a freakin' ticker tape on the top of the home page with it constantly scrolling "If you're not a Marine you can't be Recon so focus on becoming a Marine first you nasty wannabe". Then there can be a link to every freakin' post relating to all of their questions that have been answered time and time again.

killerinstinct
02-26-07, 09:01 AM
Yes, but in order to get into one - you have to stand at attention, tap your heels together 3 times while saying" I wannabe Recon, I wannabe Recon, I wannabe Recon" then all of a sudden, you get orders and you're in Recon.

Technically they're all specialized schools - I didn't know a dam thing about Ordnance before I went in - I got sent to that "specialized school" where ALL they taught me about had a fuse on it. Then the last day of school, our instructors told us to forget EVERYTHING that we had been taught because most of us would be seeing it for the last time (meaning we were going into MOSs that we wouldn't use that info anyway - which I did - my A school was my foundation for what was coming).

HAHAHA isnt that the truth they didnt say you would use a mur loading smurfs all day and playing with squibs

Marine84
02-26-07, 09:51 AM
I know that's right

Quinbo
02-27-07, 09:42 AM
The way I read it.... the kid wanted to know if there is something similar to what the Army is doing. They Army throw in a quota to jump school or give geo incentives to enlistees, sometimes.

I know we don't do it, but think it is a valid question. Slam dunk every question and soon they'll be scared to ask one.

As far as questions about a guarantee, the answer is no. It probably wouldn't hurt a thing recruiting wise to include in a guarenteed infantry contract to promise a recon indoc upon successful completion of SOI provided you meet our criteria. Course then that kid will spend the next 3 years crying to his buddies that he got bent over cause his recruiter didn't tell him that he had to make 1st class in the swim qual and shoot expert on the range, at boot camp, in order to take the indoc ;)

killerinstinct
02-27-07, 10:11 AM
i do know there are a lot of re-enlistment incentives and tey change all the time i.e. jumpschool winter warfare training was one. but as far as first time im not sure and dont think there is. But if you reup after your first more than likely you can get into one of these programs.