PDA

View Full Version : new future

jenrmurray
02-15-03, 08:51 PM
Hi everyone! I just joined (thanks to JennyJake), so I thought I should introduce myself. My name is Jennifer, I live in San Diego, CA and I am going to be a Marine.

My initial intent was to go in through OCS, but OCS is currently closed and I am tired of waiting, so I am going to enlist. I am going to go into the reserve for now, when the opportunity arises, I may still choose to go OCS. However, even if my commitment never extends beyond the reserve, I will still be proud to call myself a Marine.

My fiance just graduated from MCRD San Diego on 31-January and is currently aboard Camp Pendleton going through MCT. After that, he'll go to 29 Palms for his MOS (4066) school.

Once he gets home, we will get married and then I will take my turn on the yellow footprints.

I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you and trading advice, knowledge and motivation!

-Jennifer

greensideout
02-15-03, 09:39 PM
Someone will need to raise the kids if you are so blessed.
Both of you cannot deploy without giving them up.
Lots of things to think about before stepping onto the yellow footprints.
Hope that this is helpful.

wrbones
02-15-03, 09:50 PM
Welcome aboard, kiddo! We got what ya need to know right here on leatherneck.com!

Sounds like ya got a clue. If ya need any help just sound off!

jenrmurray
02-15-03, 10:46 PM
Sound advice, Greensideout. We definitely want kids, that is why I am not certain about going to OCS. My fiance is in the reserve, but is seriously considering going to OCS once he finishes college. Having one active duty in the family is enough and I would be more than happy to let it be him. :)

wrbones
02-15-03, 11:34 PM
BTW, jenrmurray.

Did ya see a recruiter and sign the paperwork yet?

When ya done that yer a POOL-ee. If not, you might want to re-do yer profile here.

jenrmurray
02-16-03, 09:09 AM
hm.. I was wondering about that when I made my profile... they call me a poolee at the recruiting station, I talk to them all the time and go to their activities, but I don't have a ship date yet. I don't have time to change it right now, but when I get back from SOI this afternoon, I'll do it. :)

22DevilPup87
02-24-03, 12:53 PM
Glad to see you here, Jen!

jenrmurray
02-24-03, 02:54 PM
thanks! :)
How's your injury?
How are the letters/phone calls coming along?

22DevilPup87
02-24-03, 03:00 PM
I'm able to walk on my ankle for short distances but that's about it. That's a huge improvement, though.

I haven't made any phone calls or sent out letters yet. With everything going on I've been trying to just stay on track with school. My original goal was to have the first letter out by the end of the month and then call each office a week after sending the letters. That's very do-able. I'll make it happen.

How've you been?

jenrmurray
02-25-03, 07:01 AM
good!
and that is doable. :)

I've been well. I've only got 10 pounds before I can go to MEPS... I'm excited!

22DevilPup87
02-25-03, 11:19 AM
Only 10 pounds till MEPS! Great! That won't take long to lose.

Keep up that good work!

JChristin
02-25-03, 12:35 PM
Howdy Jenrmurray,

Welcome aboard. I joined the Marine Corps not really knowing what it was all about - like so many others. It was the finest thing I have ever, ever, ever, done in my life. The training afforded my "thinker" to think in different directions.

Boot Camp enhanced my self-confidence, self-esteem, and self-image as a woman. It provided the avenuve that took me from being a "fu-fu" girl who was recently divorced and emotionally crushed and turned me into a woman who can go anywhere at anytime and under any condition to meet any circumstance. Now, I don't know what it will do for you, but this is what it did for me. But most of all, it gave me a future that I now live.

You will never regrett your decision. There may be a few moments during boot you wish you'd never had, but just stay the course. You can do it. Welcome Aboard!

semper fi
jchristin

jenrmurray
02-25-03, 05:00 PM
Thank you for your encouraging words, JChristin!

Everyday I get more and more excited about the future.