PDA

View Full Version : Question about retention weight

poolecarollo
02-22-07, 10:21 PM
sorry just got a quick wuestion about shipping weight i am 5 "7 and my shipping weight is 176 , i was reading that you could ship if you are over 5% of your retention weight i think i figud out to be 184 or 185 and you have to past the ist i weight 200 now and my ist scores are as followed 17 pull ups 87 situps and 13:00 flatt on the run is this true that you can ship if your over your retention weight i havent brought it up to my recruiter now im jsut asking because i dont think i can get down to 176

JJK
02-22-07, 10:51 PM
i think they may be able to waive it

Echo_Four_Bravo
02-22-07, 10:54 PM
At 67 inches your retention weight is 176, not your shipping weight. So, you could be a few pounds over weight. But, why would you want to go to boot camp to be on a diet and give yourself a more difficult road to travel? You will have to maintain 176 for your entire enlistment, so you may as well get used to it now.

YLDNDN6
02-23-07, 06:35 AM
I think the key here is to establish good habits now, as opposed to later, when your habits will be mandated for you. I knew Marines who struggled with their weight throughout their entire enlistment, and were members of our command's fat body program. That entailed rigourous PT'ing daily while the rest of us went on about our business after formation and details. If you have the time and the ability to shed pounds right now, before boot camp, do it, as I am sure it sucked for those guys to have to do mando PT every day of their lives. If you can't bring yourself to sacrifice a little right now, I gotta ask just how badly you want it.

poolecarollo
02-23-07, 12:32 PM
i know i will try to get down in weight now, i mean i pretty sure im in the body fat limits but how heavy can i be to ship if my shipping weight is 176?

killerinstinct
02-23-07, 12:56 PM
At 67 inches your retention weight is 176, not your shipping weight. So, you could be a few pounds over weight. But, why would you want to go to boot camp to be on a diet and give yourself a more difficult road to travel? You will have to maintain 176 for your entire enlistment, so you may as well get used to it now.

aye, i agree you dont want to im not sure what they do now but theyll refer you as a diet recruit by name and when you PT you have a nice big red brand on your shirt painting ya as a needing to lose a few pounds

Echo_Four_Bravo
02-23-07, 02:36 PM
Your max shipping weight would be 184.8 pounds, so 185 will probably get you to boot camp. Of course, your recruiter is the person you should be talking to about this.

poolecarollo
02-23-07, 08:47 PM
yea mmy recruiter is telling me my shipping weight is of course 176 but i have read about this he first topld me my shipping weight was 185 but then he said they were going by the wrong standards