PDA

View Full Version : Former Marine looking to Re Enlist HELP

HOLM
02-22-07, 10:10 PM
I am just bored of sitting around.. Runing a Construction comapny and need back in the Corps....

My wife is a Marine... I met her at my Reserve unit in Topeka KS... We were both Med Boarded out in 2003 for dfferent reasons.. She will never be able to return I am hoping to...

I was booted out after I had a blood clot in my shoulder. I had to have a surgery to relieve pressure on some vien... I work construction and have not had a problem since this incident...

I have a copy of my dd214 on the way to my home, I never recieved one..

The paper I do have has this on it

a. Type of separation: Disabilty
b. Character of service: Honorable
c: Separation Authority: MARCORSEPMAN 8402
d. Separation code: JFR3
e. Reenlistment code: RE-3P

Let me know if anyone can help I am in the Kansas City Area.... The local recruiters at least to me seem a little more interested in fresh blood. Less paper work I guess.... They are all willing..... I just want to work with someone HIGHLY MOTIVATED.

Echo_Four_Bravo
02-22-07, 11:05 PM
Cpl Brooks will probably be along to answer your questions shortly. But, I just wanted to wish you luck. The RE code doesn't look good, but they may be able to get around it for you.

HOLM
02-23-07, 06:52 AM
My injury fixed and completely good to go by 2003.. There was just one of the few corpsmans at my unit that aren't shall we say... motivated... in any way

HOLM
02-23-07, 08:27 AM
Damnit... I really have to stop being in such a damn hurry typing that stuff out... That crapp up there doesn't make any damn sense at all...

What I meant to say is that I was fixed before the Corps kicked me out... The Corpsman at my reserve unit... uummm... wasn't always on top of things. By the time I realized this it was to late.
:mad:

My wife had transfered to that unit and managed to stay in for 2 and a half years after TWO open heart surgeries and a Graft on her heart because this guy never noticed a medical record the size of war and peace... It only was noticed when she got pregnant...:angel:

Semper Fi.

killerinstinct
02-23-07, 08:57 AM
aye, that RE3 is going to give you problems they give that to peeps they don't want back.

But i'm sure there is always a waiver somewhere probably if you get a doctor to check it out etc. there must be a way specially for that.

HOLM
02-23-07, 11:41 AM
That is what I have been told before. 99% of Navy Corpsman are top notch, but I feel this blankity blank effing screwed me. I did not want out when it happened.

I have been told that waivers are possible. But that can also means that I will get no special favors on a re enlist deal...

My ASVB score was 93. I was and my scores were excellent every where I went picked up a MERITORIOUS MAST, then was meritorious LCPL.. I hooked up with my reserve unit and 2 months later. Then BAM....

ssgtt32
02-23-07, 11:54 AM
HOLM, keep your head up! I too have a 3P RE code, after 16 yrs I called everyone I know including the CG MCB CLNC, who was my Bn Commander way back when, I have also talked to the prior service recurtier, no luck! All I can say is support those that serve and thank god for the United States Marine Corps!:flag:

Maurice

oldtop
02-23-07, 02:08 PM
An RE-3 reenlistment code will not bar your reentry to the military. What it does require is: an enlistment waiver, which is a time consuming process, and proof that the condition that caused your separation from service has been resolved. You may have to talk to several recruiters, preferably a prior service recruiter, before you find one willing to take the time and effort required to get you back in uniform. A recruiter could enlist 6 to 10 people "off the street" in the time it will take to do the paperwork and exams necessary to get you back in, plus unless he/she is a prior service recruiter, he will not get credit for your reenlistment. Since recruiters have a quota to meet each month, your best bet is a prior service recruiter. Contact several reserve units in your area and meet with the unit's prior service recruiter. A medical report from an orthopedic surgeon showing that you have no residuals from the earlier problem would be a big plus.

HOLM
02-23-07, 02:20 PM
I have not called any of the reserve units.. I don't know why I didn't think of or do that yet. I speak with Marines from up there all the time. Thanks for that... I emailed the former CO Major Phelps.. and congratulated him on his readers digest article, since I was not able to be a part of the group of enlisted guys that did that. He didn't know what exactly to tell me. Of course he is on the other side of the fence.....

I'll give them a call now.

I can get the orthopedic doc's report no problem. I just have not gone to expense yet, given I have not..... Catch 22 there I guess. Better spend the $$$.

cplbrooks
02-23-07, 05:47 PM
If you want to go active duty then you would call your neighborhood recruiter. If you want to go back in the reserves you will need to call your prior service recruiter. <br />
<br />
An RE Code of 3 means...

HOLM
02-23-07, 07:22 PM
I would like to go active duty.

After the surgery for some period of time there was some numbness and my arm was not fully up to speed for several months. The surgery to correct this problem involved taking a chunk out of my top rib on the right side. I just took awhile to recover from this.. It took them two years before they gave me the boot. I was good to go after less than one..

I have not had any problems since the injury,

No I did not or have not received any kind of disability.

cplbrooks
02-23-07, 07:46 PM
You should go see your local recruiter. They will need to order all of your med docs on this and the doctor will have to write them a letter saying that you are at 100%. It is worth a shot if have totally recovered.

HOLM
02-23-07, 08:24 PM
I have talked to a couple local recruiters. They are are willing to help but lack the ummmm enthusiasm I am used to. I run my own construction business and like to the enthusiasm way up..

I understand the paper work vs. head count for the recruiter puts me at some disadvantage walking in. I just need to find the right one. Someone that truly loves their job... You know what I mean.

I'll have to make sure when I talk to each of these people that they fully understand that I am not just pulling their chain and wasting time......

I have the medical Doc's here at my home...

What are these Marines going to need for me to re enlist?

The easier I can make their job, the better this will go for me.. Is there any certain way this will need to be organized.

Any good ideas on the best way to bribe a recruiter into helping this devil dog:beer::cool:

cplbrooks
02-23-07, 09:15 PM
just show up tomorrow morning and tell them what you told us. Dont forget to give them my name and SSN ;)

HOLM
02-23-07, 09:24 PM
Yeah but you have probaly spent more time answering my questions than I could get these guys to listen to me for. Every damn office around here seems like it is packed full of poolie's and with the recruiters number game and all...

I guess I shouldn't be so hard on em... I just will let them know that I am serious and intend to make their job as easy as I can. Then maybe drop off a six pack:beer:

Marine84
02-23-07, 10:36 PM
Seems like you would be an advantage to a Recruiter. If you can find one that will sit and talk to you and isn't more worried about his poolies, I would think you would have a chance. I know if I were a Recruiter and "easy" walked in MY door - I would at least TRY to see what I could do.

However, I remember before 911 they weren't taking prior service AT ALL! After 911 I called them up again and asked if they were taking prior service NOW - he said "yes". I then asked if they would waive any other requirements like age - he asked how old I was (I turned 40 the August before) and he told me "NO". Now, unless secretly they want fresh meat (cause if you don't know what you're getting into - you're easier to train/teach/brainwash for lack of better word right now), then I would think it would be an asset to have one that you didn't have to start at bootcamp again with. You may have to go into another MOS or something maybe but.................good luck man, remember, NEVER QUIT!

Marine84
02-23-07, 10:42 PM
You could tell him that you'll even help convince the parents of some of these kids (you don't HAVE to SELL the Corps to them) cause sometimes THEY can be harder to deal with. They're just being parents cause who wants to sign their kid over to Uncle Sam in the middle of a war? You have to sell the GOOD side of the Corps and how it will CHANGE thier child. When PFC Michael and her Mom were in here - I started talking to the Mom and even went to see PFC Michael graduate. The ONLY thing Mama had to say was "I've tried all her life to get her to stand/sit up straight, how in the hell did THESE people make her do it in 3 months?" I just laughed and told her that it was part of a change and she was sure to see MORE before she went on to MCT.