PDA

View Full Version : R.Marine fatalitie 21/02/07

spike7451
02-22-07, 03:04 PM
It is with deep regret that the Ministry of Defence must confirm the death of a Royal Marine in Afghanistan today, Wednesday 21 February 2007.

The Royal Marine, from 45 Commando, was killed by an anti-personnel mine, during a routine patrol in the Sangin District of Helmand province.

The Acting Commander of the UK Task Force in Afghanistan, Colonel Ian Huntley said:

"It is with deep regret that I must today confirm the death of a Royal Marine during operations in Helmand.
"Whilst the loss of a valued colleague is a severe blow, our immediate thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends, whose anguish must be immense. Our heartfelt condolences go out to them.
"Despite the demanding circumstances and their sense of loss, our Marines continue to display their professionalism, determination and dedication in carrying out their duties in our area of operations in an exemplary fashion. This loss, though tragic, will not deflect us from our mission, rather it hardens our resolve."
Next of kin have been informed and have requested a period of 24 hours before further details are released.

http://www.mod.uk/DefenceInternet/DefenceNews/MilitaryOperations/RoyalMarineKilledInAfghanistan.htm

RIP Royal.
My condolences to all your family & friends.