PDA

View Full Version : Recruiters assistance doing infantry?

Achped
02-21-07, 08:35 PM
Two Marines that just graduated in my RSS said that Infantry/SOI doesn't get recruiters assistance after boot. Is that true? My buddies and I were looking forward to it but this may change things.

JimmyK
02-21-07, 09:55 PM
Thats what they tell you during the Recruiters Assistance brief you get at boot camp before you get your orders.
Every recruiting station does things a little different as does each separate recruiting office does everything a little different. So what one person gets may be different then what another gets. Basically don't listen to what they say about RA at bootcamp, because more than likely it wont be what you experience on RA.
I got RA out of bootcamp and pretty much everything told us during the brief was not how things were done where I was.

cplbrooks
02-21-07, 10:17 PM
Yes, as infantry you can get recruiter assistance. Your recruiter has to request you though. You should probably talk to your recruiter and the SNCOIC before you ship and write them asking for it while you are in boot camp. The orders are issued several weeks before boot camp is finished. I hope this helped.

Echo_Four_Bravo
02-21-07, 10:18 PM
It all depends on the availability of seats at SOI. Since everything seems to be filling up quickly, your chances aren't good. Unlike Marines going to MCT, you start your MOS training right after boot camp, and there are specific slots. In MCT, they train whoever is there. When the company fills up, the find something else for the Marines to do.