PDA

View Full Version : Dep

paintballtroop
02-20-07, 07:04 PM
OK so I have some questions about the DEP.

1. What exactaly is the DEP.

2. Do you have to be juniors in high school or college.

3.What is the buddy system.

4. What do you do in the DEP.

5. If you do the buddy system does that mean you can stay with that person? And if so can you stay with them even when they go through college?

Achped
02-20-07, 07:31 PM
1. Delayed Entry Program, you sign up to join the Marine corps but are delayed in entering it. :)
2. Seniors in high school, or in college. (Either one)
3. You and a buddy go to boot camp together
4. Work out, train, learn Marine Corps history.
5. Only guaranteed through boot camp...what is this college stuff?

Marine84
02-21-07, 07:38 AM
what is this college stuff?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Paintball - can you go to the head without this "friend"?

Kildars
02-21-07, 11:21 AM
5. If you do the buddy system does that mean you can stay with that person? And if so can you stay with them even when they go through college?

What do you mean when they go through college? You mean enlisting then going through college? So I would assume you want the Reserves? I mean I guess if you want to apply at the same college.

paintballtroop
02-21-07, 05:54 PM
well he wants to go straight to college after high school and be in the Marines and I was wondering if we would stay together. Its not a big deal if we dont but ir would be cool.

SkilletsUSMC
02-21-07, 07:26 PM
Once youre in the Marine Corps, get used to NOT getting your way.

poolie13
02-21-07, 09:54 PM
Go see the Marine Recruiter in your area, he or she will tell you all you need to know and answer all your questions. The first step in doing anything with the Marine Corps starts with a recruiter.

poolee18
02-22-07, 09:45 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Paintball - can you go to the head without this "friend"?
sounds like hes scared goin to recruit training by himself im goin by myself in july and im not worried about it

RuffNight2007
02-22-07, 10:00 AM
sounds like hes scared goin to recruit training by himself im goin by myself in july and im not worried about it

Wow! That makes you such a badass! Gratz! :banana:

TheBiggness
02-22-07, 11:29 AM
LOL. not for long, there gonna shave our heads and break us all:scared:

fraser
02-22-07, 12:49 PM
you can be a junior in high school to start the DEP

ChiefUSMC
02-22-07, 01:54 PM
Actually you can't be a junior in high school and enlist.

You must be 17-28 years of age
A high school senior in good standing (actually going to graduate)
and of course mentally and physically qualified before you have a chance of becoming One Of The Few and The Proud!!!

The delayed entry program is our period to prepare everyone of you. Our job isn't done till you go back to your recruiters and we see you as Marines.

Semper Fi
Gunny

:iwo: