PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Duty Stations

Integrity57
02-19-07, 10:05 PM
What were/are some of the favorite duty stations of the Marines on this forum during their time in the Corps?

jinelson
02-19-07, 10:13 PM
Marine Corps Air Station El Toro, CA by was far the best duty station and best libo in my career. Its a shame that the Clinton administration decided to eliminate it in their liberal defense slash and cut and destroy defense strategy, which is what they did before cut and run stategy of today.

Jim

3531marine
02-19-07, 11:33 PM
Service Co. H&s Bn. Motor Pool Mcrd Parris Island S C .1 St Choice! Second Choice The Nam 65-66 9th Motors

davecerami275
02-19-07, 11:34 PM
i put in a second vote for el toro

Quinbo
02-20-07, 07:04 AM
That actually took some thought. My favorite duty was 6 months on the USS Belleau Wood. It wasn't the good ship lollipop but got to see a large portion of the world while on there. Got a t-shirt somewhere that says I ran a thousand miles on the flight deck ;)

jryanjack
02-20-07, 07:17 AM
Honestly, all of my duty stations sucked and were awesome - its what you make out of it.

Would agree with Bulkyker though - doing a float is pretty cool and you get to see alot in a short period of time. I did a Medfloat on Nassau and hit like 10 countries - Monaco was probably the best with the topless beaches, but man was it expensive!

Marine84
02-20-07, 08:28 AM
DEFINITELY El Toro! Right in the middle of the beach and the mountains, weather was ALWAYS nice and things to get into from EVERYWHERE!

bigdog43701
02-20-07, 09:20 AM
MCAS Kaneohe Bay hands down 4 1/2 years living on the beach

ggyoung
02-20-07, 10:49 AM
29 stumps 5th 8in SP 1966-1968

reddogg
02-20-07, 12:19 PM
subic RP CUBI Pt. no better libo anywhere!!

Marine84
02-20-07, 12:37 PM
subic RP CUBI Pt. no better libo anywhere!!

we know what YOU were up to...............;)

Korling
02-22-07, 03:11 PM
1. Co. G Marine Support Battalion NSGA Pyong Taek, Korea
*Awesome duty, awesome liberty, awesome group of Marines & Sailors
2. Defense Language Institute, Monterey, CA
* School is tough and long, but the Presidio of Monterey is a great location for the view, closeness to everything from Big Sur & Laguna SECA race track to Carmel, Pebble Beach and Monterey Bay to Santa Cruz & SF to the north, etc.
3. 1st Radio Bn. Kaneohe MCAS. It's Hawaii and just when you thought you were getting bored with being stuck on the Island 1st Radio would deploy you, and then you came back to Hawaii all over again! Didn't like it in long stretches but it was a great place to deploy out of and then come back to.

Only the 2nd option is still there. Co.G & NSGA Pyong Taek are long gone, and 1st Radio is now at CamPen while a new 3rd Radio is at K-Bay nowadays.

millar123
02-24-07, 09:14 PM
My favorite duty station is were i am stationed now, CLR-3 LS CO, K5R. Out at Kadena Air Force Base Okinawa, Japan.

There is no party, like a shore party.

0481 Red Pathcers for life.

killerinstinct
02-26-07, 09:03 AM
My favorite duty station is were i am stationed now, CLR-3 LS CO, K5R. Out at Kadena Air Force Base Okinawa, Japan.

There is no party, like a shore party.

0481 Red Pathcers for life.

you staying in those ****ty bks... which is funny i was there getting per diem and they had maids cable radios and a fridge i was WTF ??? this is the air force bks?? MAAAAN.

Ceya
03-01-07, 10:56 AM
you staying in those ****ty bks... which is funny i was there getting per diem and they had maids cable radios and a fridge i was WTF ??? this is the air force bks?? MAAAAN.

Kadena, those barracks are down by the flight line are ok.

The Air Force Dorms (barracks) are way better!

Too many memories on that island.

I will be there again soon , to see a buddy who is a Gunny and see some old friends.

S/F,
CEYA!

slowrider
03-02-07, 08:29 PM
Best Duty for me was the 6th months I had in the PI, Subic bay and Clark AF base.Once you crossed S**T river it was all good times :)

JinxJr
03-03-07, 01:24 PM
My personal favorite was Camp Hanson, Okinawa. I was in Instructor for Division Schools and only worked three weeks a quarter...rest of the time was on Kin Blue Beach with a book and a beer; wore out 2 sets of tires on a 12 speed Mitsuri bike and did the USO Tour Guide thing. I had to be dragged back to Kadena Air Base kickin' and screamin' to send me back to the states. #2 chioce is El Toro (MASS-3, MACG-38). As a communications guy, I got to do some time with all different kinds of units...from "Party with Arty" to Swing with the Wing".

:flag:

konman1
03-07-07, 10:54 AM
Hands down MCB Kaneohe Bay Hawaii, Its friggin Hawaii, do I need to say anything else

porfi76
04-18-07, 01:06 PM
Naval Air Station North Island, San Diego, CA. Best duty station in the west coast.

8th&I Marine
04-18-07, 04:31 PM
I actally enjoyed being stationed in Washington DC. There was always something to do, women were everywhere. You never knew who you were going to meet each day you did your job.

Cantrell:flag: