PDA

View Full Version : Ahhh Birthdays

Quinbo
02-18-07, 12:59 PM
As times goes by and you start finding gray hairs in your comb or it takes an extra second to get out of a chair you remember birthdays gone by. May yours be memorable today. I know I can't remember all of mine that have passed but was relating one to family today. (I have a friend that swears I would pay people just to listen to me babble)

I was over seas and on my birthday a few Marines got together and took a half gallon of Jim Beam and used camoflauged duct tape to tape 10 cans of copenhagen to it and basically used the tape as wrapping..... someone had smuggled blueberry muffins out of the chow hall and they had put a candle on one. I was touched beyond words. I had an indian friend who hand made a birthday card for me with felix the cat sitting on a giant can of copenhagen and taking a slug from a bottle of beam. Everyone had signed it. I still have that card and have not forgotten that birthday. That was 17 years ago today. We all had a sip then signed our names on the label. Drinks are on the house at the gravel pitt if you walk in and your name is on the label

Earnie Batah ... if you read this thank-you. That day has not been forgotten!

Quinbo
02-18-07, 07:50 PM
http://coonhoundcalendar.com/Gallery/albums/album03/R_Lee_ErmyBirthday.gif

Thanx gunny

yellowwing
02-18-07, 08:14 PM
Happy Birthday Marine!
Gosh darn, you should have posted on your profile. You a year older than me. Here's to you having a good one!

OnceNothing
02-18-07, 09:14 PM
happy birthday

crate78
02-18-07, 09:27 PM
Actually, only two birthdays stand out in my mind.

My 7th, because the Japs bombed Pearl Harbor.

And, a couple of years ago, my 70th, because my wife pulled off the mother of all surprise parties that seemed to include half the county, including our daughter from DC sneaking up from behind and tapping me on the shoulder when I had no idea she was even in town. She hid out with one of her cousins for a couple of days before the party.

On that particular birthday, the wife of one of my best buddies gave me a rock engraved with the inscription, "At least you're not as old as this rock". It occupies a place of prominence on a shelf in my office right below my Marine Corps swagger stick. This gal also never passes up an opportunity to remind me that I graduated from high school the year she was born. Actually, she's a real sweetheart with whom I've been trading potshots for years.

Even my 21st didn't have the usual impact because I was stationed at Cherry Point and was already drinking legally.

crate

FistFu68
02-19-07, 02:25 PM
:evilgrin:HELL~I TURNED 18~IN BOOT CAMP (P.I) THE WHOLE PLT.SANG ~(HAPPY BIRTHDAY) AS I WAS DOING BEND'S AND WHOOPIE'S~MANY, MANY, OF THEM!!!(LMAO) I LOVE THE MARINE CORPS~S/F THAT!!!:usmc: