PDA

View Full Version : Marine Corps Tattoos

ChicoTx
02-17-07, 10:43 PM
I am sure a lot of us have some Marine Corps tats. What are they of?

The Saturday after graduation. I went right into a tattoo shop and got the Eagle Globe and Anchor.

ZSKI
02-18-07, 07:44 AM
Well when i was qualling in boot on the m16 i had the riflemans prayer in my pocket over my heart since i unced the day before, shot expert so i got the riflemans prayer and crossed rifles on my heart. Then i got on my shoulder blades USMC the letters look like crayon the dots are playblocks and under it says uncle sam's misguided children. Then its got a baby in a tank with a kevlar on.

capmarine
02-18-07, 08:27 PM
i have a CAP(combined action platoon)badge on my right chest.a retired Navy SEAL that owns a tattoo parlor in imperial beach,ca.did it for me,looks great.

LoCapitano
02-18-07, 09:54 PM
Well when i was qualling in boot on the m16 i had the riflemans prayer in my pocket over my heart since i unced the day before, shot expert so i got the riflemans prayer and crossed rifles on my heart. Then i got on my shoulder blades USMC the letters look like crayon the dots are playblocks and under it says uncle sam's misguided children. Then its got a baby in a tank with a kevlar on.

Mind sharing pictures of them?

ZSKI
02-19-07, 04:43 PM
soon as i get my camera fixed np, might take a week or two.

FistFu68
02-19-07, 06:01 PM
:usmc: I HAVE THE EAGLE,GLOBE & ANCHOR;ON THE TOP OF MY RIGHT~HAND!THE ONE I MOSTLY SQUEEZE THE TRIGGER WITH.S/F THAT!!!:usmc: :iwo:

testforecho2112
02-19-07, 06:05 PM
I have dog tags tangled in barbed wire around my right bicep. The names of two of my Marines who died in Bosnia while serving with me are on the tags.

christine_06
02-19-07, 08:59 PM
here's a link to a pic of my tattoo right after i got it done

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h150/usmcrecruitshortie/15.jpg

FistFu68
02-20-07, 12:16 AM
:evilgrin: THAT'S SWEET/THE GLOBE AND ANCOR/IS A LITTLE COCK-EYE'D!BUT SO AM I AT THE MOMENT(LMAO)NICE-HIP'S(:beer: LOL)S/F

christine_06
02-20-07, 08:27 AM
it's just the angle of the picture.

hankhoffman
02-20-07, 11:10 AM
I have a Black Bear with a Red White and Blue "USMC" under it.

sdk87to91
02-20-07, 11:52 AM
Eagle Globe And Anchor on my right shoulder, but the eagle has the wings raised like a harley eagle. Infact the artist had drawn it previously with the eagle sitting on a harley engine. he just put it on the globe and anchor for me.

Marine84
02-20-07, 12:39 PM
I have a set of Ordnance Wings across the small of my back

Sgt Leprechaun
02-20-07, 03:30 PM
USMC in Old English lettering on left bicep. 10 bucks in downtown Olongapo, 1985.

"Death before Dishonor" in plain writing, right forearm. 10 bucks, downtown Olongapo, 1987.

Same little old wizened Filipino man did both; said he'd been tattooing folks since "the japanese", and I believed him.

Both done with bamboo needles. The USMC is colored R/W/B, colors are still nice and bright. If you can handle the bamboo, get that over the other electric needle by all means. Well worth it.