PDA

View Full Version : House Vote = Voting Against Support for Troops

fontman
02-17-07, 04:02 PM
House Vote = Voting Against Support for Troops
HB Forum ^ | 02/17/07 | Cross Defender
http://community.cnhi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/992105623/m/111106517?r=632106517

The content of the below post was taken from the above linked forum. It was written by an officer of the Armed Forces currently serving in Iraq and it reflects his view of the recent House vote on increasing the number of troops:

Since the U.S. House sent us all a message by voting to oppose the troop surge, I wanted to make sure you understood how that message was interpreted here in Baghdad. We (collectively…trust me on this one) feel as if our political leaders and the American people have given up on us. We now believe many Americans actually hope we fail…and fail soon. However, our reaction to this disappointing and, in my opinion, shameful act was to rally around each other (since that's pretty much all we have left to rally around) and focus harder on the mission.

Your soldiers will continue to fight in Iraq with a sense of purpose and duty to the nation. Whether or not the nation is grateful seems debatable at this point. It goes back to what I said a few weeks ago concerning divisiveness. I would give anything to see Americans unite in a common purpose to achieve some definable measure of success. At this point, I don't see anything but divisiveness…a message that was hammered home this week by our Congress.

In addition to the message to our troops that encourages failure, we also sent a clear message to Al Qaeda and other extremist groups who openly hate America. We told them we have no stomach to fight them. We told them to wait it out a bit longer for certain victory. We showed them exactly how little we're committed to obtaining and preserving peace.

Before it was just Democrats sending that message. Now, given the status of the party as the majority, it's the American people. I know I and many other soldiers have never been more ashamed of our "so called" national leaders. Thanks for the support.

CrossDefender

OLE SARG
02-17-07, 06:31 PM
Our congress is a bunch of pussies and the leader is a ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SEMPER FI,

DWG
02-17-07, 06:43 PM
Hearing that from the troops has made me more ashamed than anything else I can think of. The American people have let down the very ones who make our way of life possible. It is a guilt all of us must carry, no matter how we voted, and it must be shared by the republican party who have shown they have no concept of leadership! In 12 years they have done nothing but squabble over scraps and try to feather their own nests; by doing so enough people got sick enough of them to vote in democrats (no better, just different) who will sacrifice anything to destroy the administration, even our own troops!

:thumbdown To all of them!

OLE SARG
02-17-07, 09:13 PM
That is the major problem in D.C. now, all, and I mean all, of our politurds have their own agenda (self-serving) and could care less what the people who put their lardasses in office want!!!!! We need to let our Senators and Representatives know that we want then to quit the squabbling and childish fighting and do the job the voters sent them to Washington to do!!!!

SEMPER FI,

ridingcrops
02-27-07, 12:14 PM
I think this last mid term pretty much showed what the American people want. They want this thing over in Iraq. Erveryone including the Generals say the surge isn't going to work since they are not supplying enough troops that will be needed. And this according to the new commander of our forces in Iraq who says he is 40K troops short of what he needs to do the job. When the majority of Americans want an end to this then their representatives have to act in their best interests. That doesn't mean to run out on these Iraqi clowns but make it darn clear that they have to be ready to take this over and real soon. Or get rid of the reporters and let the troops do their job an get rid of every mujah they find. None of this taking prisoners but showing body counts and let them know we are there to do it and we will get it done by any means, but with the time table in place so they can take over. Shades of Nam when the slopes wouldn't even fight and we had to do everything for them and then they got ****ed at us for pulling out. How many times did you see anything on TV reports about them fighting their own battles? Same thing here, make them stand up for themselves. And that doesn't mean we are going to be invaded by mujah in our streets like a lot of the posts here say. If they did show up how far do you think they would get?
There are to many NRA members and Marines and doggies around to let something like that happen. Sort of like the Marine tourist who broke the guys neck for trying to rob him, You'd see a lot of that going around.

drumcorpssnare
02-27-07, 02:03 PM
ridingcrops- I believe if we turn Iraq over to the Iraqi govt./military/police in the near future, all that we have achieved will crumble. The current situation would be a "tea party" compared to the ensuing chaos that would result. Our presence is at least keeping things down to a low roar. Then, take into account how Syria and Iran are circling, like hungry wolves. Those two countries can't wait...for America to withdraw!
And you seem to believe the terrorists will leave us alone, if we leave Iraq. If you're really that naive, I can probably sell you the title to the Brooklyn Bridge! "They" have been sneaking in to our country for years. They will continue to do so, especially since the Libs absolutely do not want our borders "tightened-up."
The recent "non-binding resolution" sent a very clear message to our enemies. It says, "America is now being ruled by a bunch of spineless, bleeding heart, panty-waste, liberal, cry baby, sissy pants faggots. So, you cowardly barbarian Middle Eastern terrorists now have free reign to do as you wish. Heck, just come on over here and kill some more Americans! We'll just blame Bush!!!"
And, as clear as that message was...you can bet our enemies heard it!
drumcorpssnare:usmc:

DWG
02-27-07, 02:08 PM
Drum, I agree with everything you said there except one. We can't blame the border mess entirely on the dems The repubs have to accept as much, if not more of the blame; if for nothing else that damn prosecuter in Texas that keeps throwing cops in jail for enforcing, or trying to enforce, the law. He is a Bush appointee, sad to say. So there is plenty of blame to go around! (At least on the border)

jinelson
02-27-07, 02:35 PM
It seems we all tend to be in agreement on the broder mess. This a first!

Jim

http://www.americandaily.com/donationto-rnc-300x152.jpg

sgtmaj
02-27-07, 08:39 PM
sounds to me like the beef should really be with the voters of this country, who elected these bums into political office. 'We the people' has lost it's meaning! Until the American people start demanding better from our politicians, it'll be status quo. The general public appears to be supportive of our troops but yet also appear to be more supportive of bringing them home now. Go figure that! We all know that you can't have it both ways. We all also know that it's always best to fight your enemy on their soil....not ours.

Sgt Leprechaun
02-28-07, 06:57 AM
We eliminate the ROE, or scale it back considerably, we might have something workable 'over there'.

Take the gloves off, and go after the militias and the rest of the thugs, no questions asked. I don't care if they did support us last year, it's what they are doing now, that matters.

Send in more troops, 20 thousand no doubt isn't enough. Still, how many of those 20 thousand are actually out there kicking down doors and totin rifles? Probably about 2500-3000 of em, if that. Instead of sending more logistical tail, we need more tigers teeth. Heck, if anything, we should be sending more of the people we have there already into the BUSH! Not lifeguarding at the pool, running the clubs, the bowling alleys, etc etc etc.

maverickmarine
03-01-07, 06:52 AM
Hearing that from the troops has made me more ashamed than anything else I can think of. The American people have let down the very ones who make our way of life possible. It is a guilt all of us must carry, no matter how we voted, and it must be shared by the republican party who have shown they have no concept of leadership! In 12 years they have done nothing but squabble over scraps and try to feather their own nests; by doing so enough people got sick enough of them to vote in democrats (no better, just different) who will sacrifice anything to destroy the administration, even our own troops!

:thumbdown To all of them!

I absolutely agree. I got sick to my stomach reading that. I hate that it seems we have learned nothing as a country about supporting our troops and about having the stomach to do what is needed to get the job done. :thumbdown

Sgt Leprechaun
03-01-07, 07:02 AM
Bread and circuses, my friend. Sad to say, but true. As long as the Amurkan public is more concerned with where Anna Nicole is gonna be buried, which dried up movie star won the oscar, or who is going to be the next 'idol', that is what we are stuck with.

maverickmarine
03-01-07, 07:07 AM
Yeah, I hear ya and don't even get me started on all that crap about Anna Nicole and the rest.....