PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Disrepect

Chuck Lewis
02-16-07, 11:20 PM
Check out this link:

The ultimate disrespect for one who paid the ultimate price:

http://www.townhall.com/columnists/MikeGallagher/2007/02/16/a_heartbreaking_story (http://www.townhall.com/columnists/MikeGallagher/2007/02/16/a_heartbreaking_story)

bigdog43701
02-17-07, 04:36 AM
that is BS. i would go thermo nuclear on their a$$es.

FistFu68
02-17-07, 05:35 AM
:evilgrin: NO FRIGGING RESPECT~EVEN WHEN THEY DEEP SIX YOU :evilgrin: :iwo:

10thzodiac
02-17-07, 11:13 AM
Jesus Said.....
"Let the dead bury their dead".
Matthew 8:22

8th&I Marine
02-17-07, 01:30 PM
Let me have a few minutes with those 4 aholes. I think something should be done about this. In my years in the Corps I spent may a day at Alington and have not heard of anything like this happening.

Cantrell:flag:

10thzodiac
02-17-07, 09:07 PM
NO RESPECT
<O:p></O:p>
My own personal experience
I extended 9 months in the Marine Corps for a second back-to-back tour in <ST1:place>Okinawa</ST1:place> 1963-1965 so that I could have enough time marry my pregnant Japanese girlfriend.
I went though all of the red tape, one-year worth and submitted it for approval. Apparently, the Division Commander, Major General Masters ‘tabled’ it and was not responding. I went to my Captain, William D. Benjamin and asked him for help, he suggested calling the Division Chaplin. I contacted the Division Chaplain and he explained to me, although he was having lunch with the General, he could not bother him with my problems.

Earlier in this process, my Captain was humiliated by the Regimental Commander [Colonel Crockett] over this, because the Captain approved the marriage and the Battalion Commander just forwarded it to the Colonel. The Colonel sent it back and wanted a Field Grade Officers not a Company Grade Officers evaluation of me. Incidentally, I was the Battalion Commanders radio operator and he forwarded it back to the Colonel with a CMA evaluated. My Captain, told me he felt slighted and I could tell he was taken back by what just happened.
A Regimental Chaplin told another Marine I knew, Corporal Barnes, whose girlfriend was also pregnant, “She will be better off with her own people and not to marry her”. He married her anyways.
I went back to my Captain and he took a deep breath and called the General. He got his ass chewed out badly by some fcuking lieutenant at division. My Captains face was flush, not mad, but shaken from the ass chewing he just received and told me, “I tried, but I can’t help you”.
Un-knowingly, after telling my mother about what was going on, my little 19 year old sister wrote President Lyndon B. Johnson. I am sure the President never saw the letter, but someone did and the next thing you know the Battalion Commander was looking for me on a Sunday with my permission to marry granted. Later, my sister sent me [still have] two letters from Chief of Staff, Headquarters Marine Corps, telling my sister, The President of the United States has asked me to inform you that your brother is married and there will be no repercussions toward your brother because you wrote the President on his behalf. Lt. General Chapman.

Incidentally, Secretary of State, Dean Rusk, signed our 'US Consulate Wittiness to Marriage' certificate.
Maybe if you write the President, you might get some respect. I would personally wait; I, like my Division Chaplain above, do not think this president wants to be bothered with something like this.

ErikHeiker
02-20-07, 12:57 AM
Un-knowingly, after telling my mother about what was going on, my little 19 year old sister wrote President Lyndon B. Johnson. I am sure the President never saw the letter, but someone did and the next thing you know the Battalion Commander was looking for me on a Sunday with my permission to marry granted. Later, my sister sent me [still have] two letters from Chief of Staff, Headquarters Marine Corps, telling my sister, The President of the United States has asked me to inform you that your brother is married and there will be no repercussions toward your brother because you wrote the President on his behalf. Lt. General Chapman.

Incidentally, Secretary of State, Dean Rusk, signed our 'US Consulate Wittiness to Marriage' certificate.
<O:p
Maybe if you write the President, you might get some respect. I would personally wait; I, like my Division Chaplain above, do not think this president wants to be bothered with something like this.
</O:p

Is this the same Chapman that later on became CMC?

sdk87to91
02-20-07, 11:58 AM
Round here we pile the dirt on ourselves taking turns with the shovels we brought, after the Pastor, VFW, and All get done.

gwladgarwr
02-20-07, 12:35 PM
It's not so much that I'm afraid of dying in battle - I'm afraid of how they'll toss my corpse around as if I were a full Glad bag and give the mom a heart attack - and how they'll do other Soldiers and Marines that way. This is truly sickening. They might as well have had Fred Phelps and his family out to jeer the family too while they were at it.

Is there any way to get those graveyard ghouls fired, or at least publicly identified?

Sgt gw

maverickmarine
02-21-07, 07:42 AM
That truly did make me sick, reading that.

MOUNTAINWILLIAM
02-21-07, 08:00 AM
Typical of attitudes in the Washington Metropolitan area. No respect for the living or the dead.

Semper Fi

Sgt Leprechaun
02-21-07, 10:58 PM
OK, I'm going to be the devils advocate in this one. Before you call fire down on me, let me say this about that.....I served my last tour at HQMC, during peacetime, and at the beginning of this war. I walked and wandered, and jogged, through Arlington many, many times. Never did I see the workers treat the caskets carrying the dead with anything less than the respect and dignity that they deserved, even when no one was around to mourn the dead.

This is why, gents, the mourners are usually shooed away from the cemetary prior to the placement of the remains in the ground. Things happen. Forklifts drop caskets. Hell, PEOPLE drop caskets. Walls cave in, frozen ground is impossible to dig, wet ground turns the bottom to slop, etc etc. Now, in a civilian cemetary, sometimes these things can be dealt with; burial can be postponed or things can be fixed.

Not so at Arlington, where the burial rate is at record levels (not just because of the current war, but the WWII generation is dying as well). Things happen due to lack of manpower, time, weather conditions.

While this is distasteful, I don't see this as wanton disrespect (such as laughing, throwing trash, spitting, etc etc) to the casket or the person inside it. It was a tragic mistake, but a mistake it was, with no malice, it appears.

It was, by all accounts, an accident. No one was rude to the folks who complained, but there are numerous rules and regulations in place that no doubt would have prohibited the exhumation of the casket and the 'fixing' of the body. A court order would basically have to be gotten to do that, which has to be done by the NOK.

I'll be the first one in line to beat these people if it can be determined ANY of this was done with malice.