PDA

View Full Version : Where are all of you?

Pages : 1 [2]

3531corporal
05-06-11, 01:21 AM
sgt hopper i was with motor t ops platoon support company 8th esb at the time. we were split up between the letter companies at the time,dont remember which one i went to but we had gunner leo as a plt commander the best i remember. during desert shield/storm we were onboard the USS Trenton(LPD 14).good to find brother marines from 8th esb. here are a couple of other sites you may want to check out to see if you can find any more brother marines that you served with.

www.********************* (http://www.*********************)

www.************* (http://www.*************)

i had forgotten all about being a member of this site until finding this thread then it hit me "dumbass you already had a membership here". anyways as stated before parent company was engineer support company, motor transport ops platoon, attached to "A" Company, motor transport ops platoon to go TAD with BSSG-4 aboard the USS TRENTON (LPD-14)

Just1Marine
05-20-11, 08:33 PM
Alpha 1/1 Wpns. Plt. 88-92 Task Force Papa Bear reporting in.

Semper Fi Marines

:flag:
:usmc:
:iwo:

dherrera
09-17-11, 03:59 PM
Hi,

I have no idea how I stumbled upon your posting about Richard Elliot, but it just goes to show how small the world really is. Richard was in 2nd platoon, 3d Tank Battalion at the same time that I was.

In your posting, you made reference to LCpl. Doucet. His name is Richard Doucet.

If you have any further question about anything pertaining to our service in Saudi Arabia, maybe I can help.

Elliot's Platoon Leader was Paul Isherwood: paulish@stanfordalumni.org

His former Company Commander was Obrene Newman: onewman1@msn.com

The company commander during Operation Desert Storm was James L. Gough.

Take care,

Cpl. Daniel Herrera

CPL GG
12-11-11, 02:19 PM
I was in "E" 2/7 Task Force Grizzly Thread had went a little dead, wanted to get it back up.

wam29er
12-21-11, 05:13 PM
India Co 3/3. We got off of the MPS ships and baked in the warehouses and provided port security until we were moved north to the desert. we dug in and when I say dug in, i mean dug to china. The hole were huge, the sand was fighting us the whole time. The hole was bigger around than it was deep.We then moved to a quarry, dont know where it was just know that it was near the main north/south road. While there we lived in the GP tents but on the dirt, no creature features.Then we move up near Kafji. There we were in GP and damn if it wasnt fun to be rocketed!! Not!All in All, spent about 8 months in the desert. 3 days R&R in the rear in GP tents with a PX, that got cut short to have some live firex, was fun to compete against other platoons. 3rd herd rulez!

I was with H&S co Motor T......

Sgt Jackson
01-05-12, 08:33 AM
I was with Ripper into the city. We stopped just short of the air port. GOOD to see you. sgtwagner

Marines8996
01-25-12, 07:13 PM
My name is Brad Crouse and I was with 1/7 Motor T and part of Task Force Ripper. Please look at these links and feel free to join and add comments.
:usmc:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/125208941896/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/269950073072846/

Dawg0811
01-28-12, 07:57 PM
I was with F 2/14 (reserve arty). We got attached to 3/10 for the war. We supported the Army's Tiger Brigade. On "Hell Night" we were the only unit that got moved into position for the entire Battalion. We fired over 400+ rounds that night, all night long. We covered every mission for the Battalion. That was the night that the Republican Guard was counter attacking. Our FO's reported back that we had direct hits on tanks, trucks, and bunkered troops. We didn't sleep for days and were always at MOPP level 2.

Thanks to all the engineers that cleared out firing positions for us. Truely appreciated.

Thanks to the knuckle headed chopper pilot that landed in our position, scaring the chit out of us during the late evening hours.

Thanks to the psyops guys from 6th Marines that snuck up on us, thinking we were Iraqies. Luckily nobody was hurt during our firefight.

I still wake up hearing someone yelling "gas...gas...gas" or "FIRE MISSION".

I just got my rating of 30% for PTSD. Filing my appeal. They deferred all my other symptoms, pain in legs, shoulder, and chronic sinus infections. I get flashbacks smelling diesel, diesel exhaust, or fresh asphalt. Of course all the other PTSD symptoms, like the paranoia, clearing the house in the middle of the night. The stress related irritable bowel syndrome... etc.

DeniseFM
04-18-12, 03:57 PM
I don't know if anyone still reads this forum, but a group of Seabee's were building an addition to our Mess facilities. In fact it was our bake shop. Later when the push moved forward into Kuwait, our camp took over the Seabee one that was next to us, and we ran the Chow hall there. We were 2nd LSB.

This was up at Mishab. And we too started out at Jabail and then to Mishab. That's where our unit split, some moved forward while the rest of us stayed at the Seabee camp.

DeniseFM
04-18-12, 04:13 PM
I believe some of us were just stating feelings that we can not talk to anyone else about. If a guy says he feels like we didnt do enough to stop it then thats his feelings. We did all we were asked to do. The plan was free Kuwait... We did it... It was not a game. An old vet asked me once if I saw the white elephant. Did you? The night before the fight is always the same no matter what the war. Same gut wrenching feelings/excitement. Same letters being written. It looked like Hell on the horizon. We made it through. Some had it worse than others. We did it together. It was well planned and led by some great leaders.:flag:

This cook/baker certainly feels the same as mentioned, regardless whether a war is a war. And to be honest I didn't think there were others out there who felt this way. Especially the guys who actually saw the action.

Contact Team 2
08-05-12, 07:20 PM
My Unit had to clean tanks after the war. 8th Tanks. I suggested sandblasting them to the bare metal. We has the sand. You might remember me. My Hummer was last in the paint booth. the painters rand out of sand color, so they painted mine Bright White. Dubbed the White Rhino.

SeanOK
12-27-12, 03:31 AM
Semper Fi Marines! <br />
<br />
Just to let you know. I service in Operation Desert Shield and Storm for 1st FSSG, CSSD-131, Supply Logistics. I went over in Aug. 1990 to Saudi Arabia (Al Jabaal). A month...

PigpenICo35
01-17-13, 06:17 PM
2nd platoon India Co. 3/5. Almost missed Desert Storm-EAS 1-14-91 but thanks to stop loss I got to go at the last minute. I guess I jinxed myself into it. Aug.2 1990 stopped in Alaska to refuel on our way home from 6 months on the Rock. Saw the news in the termal t.v. that Saddam had invaded Kuwait. I was SHORT and started busting my buddies balls. HAHA no leave for you guys- you'll be heading to the Stumps for CAX training, not me I am heading to 1st Civ Div. My exact quote was "I'll NEVER have to deploy anywhere I am too short." Yeap, Never say Never.

M60 Tanker
01-26-13, 02:10 AM
Just found this site today. Gulf war vet here, C company 1st tank bn, 1st mar. div. camp pendelton. They were moving to 29 palms as I was getting out. Can't believe it's been 18 yrs. memories still very vivid about the time I spent in that desert. Lots of memories, some good more bad but hey, Semper Fi

PigpenICo35
01-26-13, 10:30 AM
Welcome M60 Tanker. I am a newbie to the site also. My platoon was attached to a reserve tank unit out of San Diego during the war. Added alot of confidence to us grunts riding around in thin skinned Amtracks in case we ran across a T-72. Semper Fi brother.

M60 Tanker
01-26-13, 01:41 PM
Thanks Pigpen, Tankers were always ready and willing to do whatever we could for our fellow marines. I still felt a little guilty every time we rolled past you guys and couldn't give you a ride. I just re-read my post and realized I said 18 years, when in fact it has been 22 years, wow time does fly.

PigpenICo35
01-28-13, 09:33 AM
Yeah we'er getting OLD my friend.

terminalE3
02-02-13, 09:18 AM
I was with 2nd LSB. I was a cook at Jubayl then Mashab! I went back home in May (iirc) so seperate in June (I was already way past my EAS at that point). I haven't seen or heard from anyone I served with sine I left. I got out, moved to Miami and then Hurricane Andrew hit. I saw my fellow "red patchers" in Homestead helping with the clean up in the newspaper (specifically, there was a picture of Sgt. Dawson-Gayle in the paper). Would have loved to see them again and thank them for that, but getting around in that mess was really tough at the time. Semper Fi brother, hope you are doing well.

darree bales
07-03-13, 04:41 AM
Hi There, I knew Tim very well,he was my best friend. We met up in Memphis went to pensicola and then ouy to pendelton and over to the rock and P.I. that when he started his aircrew training.actually it started back in pendelton when I started my aircrew training.everyday after work we go over everything I learned.i got out in jan 89 and tim slip in my spot.whould really love to hear for all my buddies.miss you guys, still regret getting out.

29palms
05-19-14, 09:00 PM
With Maritime Prepositioning Ships at Al Jubail. Delivering the goods. 8 months there, civilian capacity. Marine Corps Maintenance Contractor, former USMC honorable discharge.

gkala
01-05-15, 10:37 AM
Was in Camp 5 with 6th Comm Bn in January 1991. On mess duty from Jan 10 (or so) to beginning of February. Any chance anyone was there when we had a Marine take a bet and stick his entire upper body into a massive slop bucket. Would love to speak to him or anyone who was there. Forgot his name. I know it's a long shot, but what the hell.

Semper Fi.

Firejake36
07-04-15, 10:25 PM
We're here. Some of us must have failed land nav... only took 8 years to find the place! AAV Marine. Task Force Ripper OCD-1.

jbo1169
09-13-15, 09:21 AM
New to this site and glad to see this is here. I was assigned to Company B(-) 4th Assault Amphibian Battalion, 4th Marine Div located in Jacksonville, FL. I was one of the few in our company that...

ZUES18
09-14-15, 09:09 AM
I was in 1st/25th 4th Marine Division but never made it into the Persian Gulf with my Unit. They were heading home as I was getting out of SOI. Semper Fidelis!

ZUES18
10-26-15, 10:33 PM
I heard some off the hook info regarding USAF moving our front line forces back 5 miles to test Ordinance safely without hurting our Marines. I also heard some classified type of stuff, that I will never repeat. All I can say is Semper Fidelis! to each and every Marine that reads this. Counter-terrorism intel is stating some horrible stuff. This country is going to need more Marines than they think!

brntsmth
01-27-16, 08:40 PM
My brother Marine Cpl. Rodney Smith,2nd CEB Camp Leguene
aboard USS SHREVEPORT DURING THE PERSIAN GULF WAR.Was present Navy Achievement medal by President Bush.any marines that knew him contact me I'm sure he would like to hear from his fellow marines