PDA

View Full Version : New Recruit here.

Buddikaman
02-16-07, 03:44 AM
I recently enlisted to the USMC, and plan to ship out april 2nd. I joined under Infantry, because i personally feel this is what the USMC is most well known for, and if i wanted an office job or mechanic job id of joined another branch. I am 25 years old and not to content with my life, with what im doing, or were im going, and feel a drastic change will do me lots of good. Im also very nervous as starting the boot camp process of tearing down and rebuilding will be no joke, but i also look forward to the change, and hope to come out of it a better person overall.

Anyways, just checking this site out, if anyone has any opinions or advice, ill gladly hear it.

hmckinley
02-16-07, 04:12 AM
I recently enlisted to the USMC, and plan to ship out april 2nd. I joined under Infantry, because i personally feel this is what the USMC is most well known for, and if i wanted an office job or mechanic job id of joined another branch. I am 25 years old and not to content with my life, with what im doing, or were im going, and feel a drastic change will do me lots of good. Im also very nervous as starting the boot camp process of tearing down and rebuilding will be no joke, but i also look forward to the change, and hope to come out of it a better person overall.

Anyways, just checking this site out, if anyone has any opinions or advice, ill gladly hear it.
Not much I can tell you, but welcome. I doubt that the Marine Corps has changed that much. Probably on paper work to appease all the riff that will stick their nose in whether asked or not. You're old enough to know wheither a carrer change is the right thing. Sounds as if you never had one, so get in shape mentally and phyisicaly and get started on a good one, USMC