PDA

View Full Version : Officer Dad

seanob1
02-16-07, 12:08 AM
Im shipping for Boot camp on May 14th. Would it be wise to hide the fact that my dad is an AF Officer.

P.S. He's already saying how he's failed as a father haha

jinelson
02-16-07, 06:40 AM
lmao yeah that might be a good idea to keep that quiet.

Jim

candi
02-16-07, 08:11 AM
Heheh...you might get picked on a bit if your DIs know...

cplbrooks
02-17-07, 12:52 PM
Im shipping for Boot camp on May 14th. Would it be wise to hide the fact that my dad is an AF Officer.

P.S. He's already saying how he's failed as a father haha

How did he fail? If anything he did something right (even if he doesnt know it). He raised a son who has a set of ba11s.

Echo_Four_Bravo
02-17-07, 06:25 PM
Leave it to a Zoomie to think he failed by raising someone that is willing to be a warrior.

DWG
02-17-07, 06:55 PM
If you don't make a point of bringing it up, they probably will never know. My father was a retired MSgt.(Army infantry; AAF; USAF) They didn't know it until they met him on graduation day. Too late to bother me then!:banana:

YLDNDN6
02-18-07, 09:22 AM
On the other hand, if you suspect that they already know somehow, don't deny it. We had a guy in boot whose dad was a Colonel somewhere in the fleet. I guess the SDI found out from admin and when he denied it outright, they had him for lunch!!! There are probably still sweat stains in the classroom from him!!! That kid IPT'd every spare minute of every day for weeks for that.

seanob1
02-18-07, 11:28 AM
Haha thats what i suspected. And when my dad says hes failed as a father, he means it as a joke. He honestly couldnt be any prouder, now i need to hold my end and and see it through. Thanks for the responses.

yellowwing
02-18-07, 06:25 PM
A High School buddy is a AF Lt Col. I occasionally send him a good zinger into his AO! I don't get too harsh though, he's one of those F-16 drivers that made Saddam's retreat from Kuwait a humbling experience. :thumbup: