PDA

View Full Version : 92 day reservists and PLC??????

decoda129
02-15-07, 09:51 PM
Thank God I found this site I have so many questions! Unfortunately, the different recruiters and OSOs give me completely different answers. I am in an odd predicament: I am 25 years old and currently finishing up my junior year of college. I have wanted to join the service since I was a child but as an officer. I would like to have the boot experience because I feel it would build character, better prepare me for OCS and TBS, and give me a better insight to what the enlisted man goes through. However, because of my backround I fear that I may not be accepted into the PLC program. I was convicted of 2 misdemeanor DWIs in 2005 ( I do not have any further legal obligations ), which is my only weakness. I can get a 260 on my PFT I have a 3.3 GPA and I have never been in any other trouble. Recruiters in CA have told me to do the 92 day reserves come back and finish school, then go to OCS. But Buckley, CO only had 2 slots and there taken. My school has campuses in RI, NC, and FL; so I could transfer to get a spot. I can’t get any straight answers from the recruiters or OSOs. I understand there are a myriad of variables but there must be an attainable solution. My biggest fear is that I join and stay enlisted giving up a possible career in another field. These are the most valuable years of my life and I want to make them count. Anyone with any insight please take the time to respond. This has been quite a frustrating experience.

ZSKI
02-19-07, 07:07 PM
Look when you get that degree the marines want officers. I know the reserves have alot of programs to turn enlisted into officers. I rather be a enlisted man then a officer anyday. But yes your right after boot(From what from my CO) OCS is a joke.