PDA

View Full Version : Murtha Threatens the Pentagon?

thedrifter
02-08-07, 02:00 PM
Murtha Threatens the Pentagon? [Kathryn Jean Lopez]
The Corner

The Republican Study Commitee isn't leaving on a jetplane; the latest:

After the Pentagon rejected pressure from Speaker Nancy Pelosi and other House Democrat leaders to provide her a military C-32 Jet, Congressman John Murtha (D-PA) responded angrily after the media reported the story. So angrily, in fact, that the Defense Appropriations Chairman apparently believes that it is "in the interests of the United States" to threaten Department of Defense funding over the flap.

THE INITIAL THREAT
Rep. John Murtha, D-Pa., the Pelosi ally who chairs the House military appropriations subcommittee, said he has spoken to Pentagon officials about the need to provide Pelosi with a bigger plane that can fly passengers coast to coast in comfort.... "I don't need to pressure them. I just tell them what they need to do." Murtha said.
(San Francisco Chronicle, 2/8/2007)

APPROPRIATIONS CHAIRMAN THREATENS TO CUT DEFENSE FUNDING AFTER AMERICA LEARNS OF PELOSI PLANE DEMAND

"Late Wednesday afternoon, one of Pelosi's closest allies in the House, Rep. John Murtha, D-Penn., chairman of the key Appropriations Committee subcommittee on defense, told CNN that the Pentagon was making 'a mistake' by leaking information unfavorable to the speaker 'since she decides on the allocations for the Department of Defense.'"
(CNN, ABC News, 2/8/2007)
(San Francisco Chronicle, 2/8/2007)

Our nation is at war.

It is irresponsible, inappropriate and reckless for a member of Congress to threaten the Pentagon and men and women of our armed forces.

more stories

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41376

Ellie

Murtha Threatens Us All;)

rockyusmc
02-08-07, 02:21 PM
drifter, poor nancy,having a smaller plane at her beck and call just wont do.she is very important and to be safe she needs her family and friends around her.after all think of the time she'll lose if they have to stop and refuel.a lousy 8 seat luxury jet??what nerve!mutha her little pet dog will beat up on them.he is going to get her air force 1 which is probably what she wants.let her ride commercial flights like the rest of the people do. after acouple of times clearing security,getting to the airport 2 hours early,she'll change her mind in ahurry.[as an aside,i cant take murtha.any body that calls our troops murderers is aliar and atraitor in my opinion.] :mad: :flag:

booksbenji
02-08-07, 03:09 PM
f her