PDA

View Full Version : PI vs SD

mesaRAT488
02-07-07, 11:23 AM
Hello, I am planning on going to either San Diego State or somewhere on the East coast for college, not sure yet. My question is this, if I do decide to go to college on the East would it be possible for me to go to PI even though I would be living in SB, California at the time I would leave for bootcamp. BTW I am joining the reserves. Also, I wanted to know if there really is a huge difference between which MCRD you go to?

Thank You
Jesse

cplbrooks
02-07-07, 12:22 PM
yes, your meps station can do what is called a courtesy ship. Tell your recruiter what you need and he will take care of it. You better have a good reason for doing it or he wont go through all of the trouble.

HardJedi
02-07-07, 01:08 PM
. Also, I wanted to know if there really is a huge difference between which MCRD you go to?

Yep. One of them ison the east coast, the other, on the west.:bunny:

Master Sephiroth
02-07-07, 06:02 PM
I'm probably in no position to answer this but a Marine is a Marine no matter where he was trained

DWG
02-07-07, 06:10 PM
But in SD, when you graduate you get a pair of sunglasses.:marine:

At PI you just get a bucketful of pride!!:evilgrin:

:banana:

DWG
02-07-07, 06:11 PM
Yep. One of them ison the east coast, the other, on the west.

You musta been in military intelligence!:p:idea: :D

Allen870922
02-07-07, 06:35 PM
I've only been to PI. Its hot as hell in the summer months. Sand fleas weren't really out much then. They only started to show up around October-November. I also hated fire ants. <br />
<br />
When I was being...

awb5711
02-08-07, 07:26 AM
[QUOTE=Allen870922]I've only been to PI. Its hot as hell in the summer months. Sand fleas weren't really out much then. They only started to show up around October-November. I also hated fire ants.

I dont know what the hell you are talking about! Sand fleas didnt show up until the fall??? I guess you might be right....there probably were not very many inside the Seps building.

DWG
02-08-07, 07:46 AM
. He said one major one was that at SD the DIs could **** with you more cause theres not as many Civilians wandering around like there are at PI.

My experience was just the opposite. No civilians at PI except in certain areas on graduation Days. San diego had brass all over the place and civilians wandering everywhere all the time. Lot of secluded areas at PI to get your a$$ kicked ( if DIs were inclined to that sort of behavior; which we KNOW they aren't ;) )

:marine:

cplbrooks
02-08-07, 10:05 AM
If you have any questions about how tough San Diego is then just watch the movie Ears, Open. Eyeballs, Click. Need i say more?

DWG
02-08-07, 10:09 AM
If you have any questions about how tough San Diego is then just watch the movie Ears, Open. Eyeballs, Click. Need i say more?

Should I watch Rambo to see how tough Sylvester is?

:banana: :D

cplbrooks
02-08-07, 10:16 AM
ha ha. very funny. What you may not know is that Ears, Open. Eyeballs, Click. is a documentary about Marine Corps bootcamp, which was filmed at San Diego. There are some good clips of it on youtube.com or you can look at a preview on www.earsopeneyeballsclick.com (http://www.earsopeneyeballsclick.com)

Any other smart questions D W? :evilgrin:

DWG
02-08-07, 10:23 AM
ha ha. very funny. What you may not know is that Ears, Open. Eyeballs, Click. is a documentary about Marine Corps bootcamp, which was filmed at San Diego. There are some good clips of it on youtube.com or you can look at a preview on www.earsopeneyeballsclick.com (http://www.earsopeneyeballsclick.com)

Any other smart questions D W?

I'm not sure how accurate any view of Boot Camp is when you have a camera on the DI.

I notice they chose the california dreaming "campus" to film their little movie!:confused:
Could it be they couldn't tame any PI DIs for general audiences?:evilgrin:

HardJedi
02-08-07, 10:30 AM
sweet monkey jesus! WHY must this always come up? WHY must some poor, silly kid inspire this great debate? WHY, oh lord, WHY must the PI vs SD debate rage on?:sick:

SkilletsUSMC
02-08-07, 10:31 AM
I'm probably in no position to answer this but a Marine is a Marine no matter where he was trained

Lionheart, you may not be a Marine, but you are right on 100%.

MesaRAT488, If you are going to be a grunt, then I suggest going to SD. No disrespect to the east coasties, but going to MCRDSD increases your chance of going to the big bad blue diamond 1st MARINE DIVISION! There have been some 2MARDIV BNs in the thick of it, but 1MARDIV and 1MEF have done the majority of the cool **** in this war, and previous wars as well.

chech out the some of the history this is not ALL any of these battalions did durrig this war, just the breif highlights.

1/1: The first Marines into Afganistan
2/1: The first Marines to Fallujah, part of the first push, that GWB cut off.
3/1: Pushed through Fallujah (sections of the jolan) been pretty much everywhere... Was engaged in KUWAIT by insurgents while PTing....

1/4: First Marines into Najaf, Battled the Sadr militia
2/4: First Marines into Ramadi
3/4: Arived to fallujah shortly after 2/1, part of the first push.

1/5: First BN to kick off OIF, was in Fallujah with 2/1 and 3/4 been pretty much eveywhere since
2/5 Killed lots of Terrorists in Radmadi in OIF 2
3/5 Pushed though Fallujah (sections of the jolan) Been pretty much every where since.

7th Marines... I am a little less familiar with thier imediate history due to the fact that they live in the stumps, but I know they have been stomping the **** out of Ramadi for quite some time now. Plus it was chestys regiment!

Again no disrespect to the 2MARDIV guys... there have been some bad ass BNs to come out of this war from 2nd Marine division, and I know the 3rd Marines have held down afganistan, and 1/3 pushed into fallujah as well.

DWG
02-08-07, 10:49 AM
sweet monkey jesus! WHY must this always come up? WHY must some poor, silly kid inspire this great debate? WHY, oh lord, WHY must the PI vs SD debate rage on?

Because it's just so damn much FUN!!! And get that damned monkey away from the Baby Jesus!
:yes: :D

Skillet; stop injecting logic into this free for all!:evilgrin:

jinelson
02-08-07, 11:51 AM
By D W George
Because it's just so damn much FUN!!! And get that damned monkey away from the Baby Jesus!

And Marines have been having fun for decades with this natural question from the pups. I believe that the training and discipline are equal at both with the only differences being location, terrain and small annoyances such as sand fleas and airplanes. The only other difference that comes to mind is all the young women are sent to MCRD Parris Island and only the young men are sent to MCRD San Diego. Gee I hope I said that right.

Jim

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v660/jinelson/froglaffing.gif

DWG
02-08-07, 11:57 AM
Now how did I KNOW that JNelson was a "Hollywood Spa" Marine? Could it be from his profile pic? Looks like something from the "land of fruit and nuts!" (BTW; are you the damned monkey that HardJedi keeps siccing on the Baby Jesus?).:mad:

Nah; it must be because JNelson ain't smart enough to know that NOW he's probably going to get Marine84 on his a$$ for referring to her as a young lady!:scared: :(

jinelson
02-08-07, 12:25 PM
[QUOTE][by D W George - (BTW; are you the damned monkey that HardJedi keeps siccing on the Baby Jesus?).
/QUOTE]

Naw bro that would be my dispatcher Cpl DevilMonkeedawg!

Jim

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v660/jinelson/MonkeyDog.jpg

DWG
02-08-07, 12:29 PM
[quote]

[B]Naw bro that would be my dispatcher Cpl Monkeedawg!

Jim

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v660/jinelson/MonkeyDog.jpg

:scared: That is the UGLIEST thing I have ever seen!:scared:

And I thought I had seen ugly, before! Obviously a SD Grad!

I mean "Gawd Awful Ugly!!!

FistFu68
02-08-07, 02:28 PM
:evilgrin:DAM,I SWEAR THAT LOOK'S LIKE;THE (FEMALE COMMANDING GENERAL)AT MCRD.~SAN-DEIGO!!!!!PUT SOME SUNGLASSES ON THAT BEAST,AND YOU'VE GOT 'YO MAMA~GENERAL!!!MAYBE SHE CAN HUMP MT.MUTHA,WITH YOU HOLLYWOOD BOY'S???(LMFAO):marine: :D

SkilletsUSMC
02-08-07, 03:51 PM
:evilgrin:DAM,I SWEAR THAT LOOK'S LIKE;THE (FEMALE COMMANDING GENERAL)AT MCRD.~SAN-DEIGO!!!!!PUT SOME SUNGLASSES ON THAT BEAST,AND YOU'VE GOT 'YO MAMA~GENERAL!!!MAYBE SHE CAN HUMP MT.MUTHA,WITH YOU HOLLYWOOD BOY'S???(LMFAO):marine: :D

Well If it is her, she graduated from the Island... Remember that.

yellowwing
02-08-07, 04:10 PM
Here's some more folks that don't care about PI or SD. Just make sure you send them home to the Great Monkey Farm in the Sky! :banana:

DWG
02-08-07, 04:33 PM
Well If it is her, she graduated from the Island... Remember that.

The Corps builds MEN! I've never even seen a BAM that ugly!

FistFu68
02-08-07, 04:41 PM
:evilgrin: LMAO~SGT!ACTUALLY SHE WENT TO THE U.S.NAVAL ACADEMY!!!SWITCHED FROM THE MOS~(DECK APE) TO MARINE OSSIFER!!!SEEING HER OUT OF UNIFORM IS QUITE REVEALING???:marine:

DWG
02-08-07, 04:44 PM
Shoulda known Fist would salvage the honor of PI and the lovely BAMs. Knew she couldn't have come through 4th Bn.
Way to go Jarhead!
:banana: :thumbup:

SkilletsUSMC
02-08-07, 05:12 PM
:evilgrin: LMAO~SGT!ACTUALLY SHE WENT TO THE U.S.NAVAL ACADEMY!!!SWITCHED FROM THE MOS~(DECK APE) TO MARINE OSSIFER!!!SEEING HER OUT OF UNIFORM IS QUITE REVEALING???:marine:

Negaitve... She was former enlisted.

http://www.mcrdsd.usmc.mil/bios/CG_bio.htm

DWG
02-08-07, 05:38 PM
She looks much better in uniform! Must be a glamour shot!

SkilletsUSMC
02-08-07, 05:47 PM
Shoulda known Fist would salvage the honor of PI and the lovely BAMs. Knew she couldn't have come through 4th Bn.
Way to go Jarhead!

Brigadier General Angela (Angie) Salinas began her military career when she enlisted into the Marine Corps in May 1974. Following recruit training at Parris Island, S.C., she served as a legal services clerk until 1977 when she was selected for the Enlisted Commissioning Program and commissioned a second lieutenant in December 1977.

Hahahahahahahah You just knew it huh?:banana: :yes: :no:

DWG
02-08-07, 05:50 PM
Just knew that JNelsons' girlfriend couldn't have been the same as the lovely Commanding Gen. at SD. Notice they had to pull in a PI Marine to straighten that place out! Even if it was a girl!
:p

SkilletsUSMC
02-08-07, 05:53 PM
Just knew that JNelsons' girlfriend couldn't have been the same as the lovely Commanding Gen. at SD. Notice they had to pull in a PI Marine to straighten that place out! Even if it was a girl!
:p

This could go on forever...

DWG
02-08-07, 06:06 PM
This could go on forever...

Hahahahah! It has, and will! Let the games continue!!!! Until next time, when the question comes up again (probably next week).LMAO!
:banana: :D :banana:

Allen870922
02-08-07, 09:18 PM
I dont know what the hell you are talking about! Sand fleas didnt show up until the fall??? I guess you might be right....there probably were not very many inside the Seps building.

In my 5 and a half months I only really saw the sand fleas come out in October and they got worse each day. I didn't understand it either. I thought they were supposed to be out year round on the Island. Unless they weren't around 2nd Bn E and G for my 56 TDs. They did seem to like hanging around the STC building and 3rd Bn chow hall though. They would always be in a swarm right where we were going to have to halt.

Allen870922
02-08-07, 09:26 PM
My experience was just the opposite. No civilians at PI except in certain areas on graduation Days. San diego had brass all over the place and civilians wandering everywhere all the time. Lot of secluded areas at PI to get your a$$ kicked ( if DIs were inclined to that sort of behavior; which we KNOW they aren't ;) )

:marine:

Really? I always saw civilians wandering around taking snap shots and watching us drill. Even if there wasn't a graduation coming up. Except BWT at Paige field. They weren't allowed in that area. But there was always the squad bay where you could get the DIs special attention. ;)