PDA

View Full Version : Injuries

YMPfcDeremer
02-06-07, 05:11 PM
I am a Young Marine and am planning on going into the Marine Corps right after high school. I play three sports (football, wrestling, and track). I was wondering if I could still go in the Marine Corps if I have a major injury (tear an ACL or something). I had heard that if you have any foreign object in your body you cannot join the Marines. Does anyone know if this is true?

Kildars
02-06-07, 06:23 PM
Your best bet would be to call a Recruiter for a fast answer they're the most knowledgable on this subject though the Marines here should be able to help you also.

Good luck.

SkilletsUSMC
02-06-07, 06:54 PM
I know a Marine that had a titanium rod in his leg. He made it through bootcamp & Iraq....

Marine84
02-06-07, 07:42 PM
It may not be anything to worry about, for everything else................there's waivers. Ask Cpl Brooks or call your local Recruiter.

jinelson
02-06-07, 07:51 PM
YMPfcDeremer your mission now is to do well in school and have fun. Do not let your fear of getting injured playing sports for your school burden you. What happens happens and for a reason. The Corps will wait for your injuries if you sustain any to heal, and welcome you with open arms.

Jim

SkilletsUSMC
02-06-07, 07:53 PM
It may not be anything to worry about, for everything else................there's waivers. Ask Cpl Brooks or call your local Recruiter.

And when you do, tell them I reffered you... I could use the extra 20 points;) :D

hawks
02-06-07, 09:23 PM
I'm guessing you have not been hurt yet. When playing sports, especially football, the more you think your going to get hurt the more likely you will indeed get hurt. Just play the game, get stronger so you won't get hurt. If tearing your ACL is one of the first things that you think about when it comes to football or other sports you will hold back and not play to your potential and also risk injury.

Bullrider
02-13-07, 05:22 PM
I have a bullet lodged in my leg, the recruiters have no problem with it

Allen870922
02-13-07, 09:40 PM
I broke both feet. I can go back in atleast 6 months.:p

Echo_Four_Bravo
02-13-07, 11:33 PM
I had surgeries on a knee and my shoulder before bootcamp. Wasn't an issue.

FistFu68
02-14-07, 01:28 PM
:evilgrin: (LMAO) DON'T WORRY,BE HAPPY;'CAUSE WHEN YOU GET TOO BOOT CAMP!THE (D.I) IS REALLY,GONNA BUST YOU UP!!! BUT LOOK AT THE BRIGHT SIDE,THEY CAN KILL 'YA;BUT THEY CAN'T EAT 'YA!!!(LMFAO):D

cplbrooks
02-14-07, 10:40 PM
A torn ACL is a big problem. It will probably keep you from enlisting unless it was a long time ago, and you have been through rehab and your doctors sign off on it. After that you have to make it through meps. When did you tear it?