PDA

View Full Version : Question about recruiters

MarineWannabee
02-04-07, 04:23 PM
Im actually a poolee with a shipdate in may but chose to signup as "Friend" since im skeptical about divulging that information. Anyway, my question is this... Iv taken my asvap, and gone through MEPS, as far as my recruiters are concerned, as soon as i get my 15 college credits, im shipping out. But i dont like the way my recruiters (mostly young guys) are conduction themselves in the office. I would like to know, if i withdrawl from school and therefor no longer qualify to join the corps, do they still get their money for recruiting me? or do i have to actually ship for them to get credit. Iv wanted to be a marine my whole life, but if these guys are going to continue to act un-professionally, i'd like to threaten them with my option to sign on with the ARMY.

thank you

Achped
02-04-07, 04:33 PM
Woooo, this should be interesting.

Question: How are they acting unprofessionally? That's probably how most Marines you will meet act, unless you're a female and they're harassing you.

Question 2: Why switch branches??? There are other offices, or just don't go to the office.

MarineWannabee
02-04-07, 04:45 PM
Its not so much unprofessional. More like beating around the bush with questions as far as benefits, and such. For an example, i went to the office to ask maybe 2 quick questions requiring a yes or no answer. I was told my recruiter to be a "guinnie pig" for the new recruiter and let him give me an interview since i hadnt gotten one yet. But i had already signed up and at that point was an official poolee. While this guys giving me the run around as if i hadnt already joined, his buddy's, the other recruiters where behind me trying to mess with him and distract him making him nervous. So here i am asking questions about the biggest decision of my life, and these guys are screwing around with the man im asking. Also im getting chewed out about not attending the poolee functions, but the thing is im going to college for my 15 credits but work interfiers, so im losing hours during the week that i have to make up on the weekend so i CANT attend teh poolee functions. I just feel as though im still being shat on even though i mad the choice to go with the corps. Makes me think of serving elsewhere. I have a lot of respect for these men as Marines, but i personally think recruiters are..well..i'll stop there.

thanks for the reply.

Christ0ph
02-04-07, 04:54 PM
It sounds like you don't have the drive or motivation to be a Marine. If you did you would figure a solution to your issues with your recruiters instead of "threatening" them with joining the Army.

:confused:

davecerami275
02-04-07, 04:58 PM
pleaze tell me u r taking a kouple of speling classez in kollege

MarineWannabee
02-04-07, 05:01 PM
Ok, honestly, I think recruiters are scumbag liars, and for any marine to take that job is a disgrace. Their paid to sell you a dream and get you to join the military and get their bonus. Iv wanted to be a Marine my ENTIRE life and I KNOW i can do it, Iv already put myself in debt and have had to sell my stuff (television, guitars, surround sound etc. ) to my friends to pay for school. I passed the asvab, and the physical, signed everything and am ready to go. And im STILL being **** on by guys like you telling my im not dedicated. I just dont like being crapped on by paid liars. there.

MarineWannabee
02-04-07, 05:04 PM

Is this what this is going to come down to? Making fun of some one who wants to serve his country? You're probebly a scumbag recruiter like the ones i'v been speaking about.

davecerami275
02-04-07, 05:06 PM
Ok, honestly, I think recruiters are scumbag liars, and for any marine to take that job is a disgrace. Their paid to sell you a dream and get you to join the military and get their bonus. Iv wanted to be a Marine my ENTIRE life and I KNOW i can do it, Iv already put myself in debt and have had to sell my stuff (television, guitars, surround sound etc. ) to my friends to pay for school. I passed the asvab, and the physical, signed everything and am ready to go. And im STILL being **** on by guys like you telling my im not dedicated. I just dont like being crapped on by paid liars. there.

they dont get no fa(king bonus for recruiting you. they get paid the same amount of money whether the enlist 1 person or 1000 that month. that 'SCUMBAG" you are referring to is A UNITED STATES MARINE!! CHECK YOUR FA(KING ATTITUDE SON!!!!

MarineWannabee
02-04-07, 05:10 PM
I dont care WHO is disrespecting me! As im sure you dont! I came here to ask a simple question about serving my country, to do what you've all done, and your buddy came in and started talking crap. You want respect??? send some MY way. Everything was fine until Cristoph and Dave put their 2 cents in.

Marine84
02-04-07, 05:15 PM
Ok, honestly, I think recruiters are scumbag liars, and for any marine to take that job is a disgrace.

Oooooooooooooooo - you better PRAY that CPL Brooks doesn't come in and read THIS - everybody STAND BY!

Surely you jest child!

INCOMING................

Marine84
02-04-07, 05:16 PM
LOCK HIM OUT - no profile!

Marine84
02-04-07, 05:17 PM
You want respect??? send some MY way.

YOU DON'T RATE! :mad:

davecerami275
02-04-07, 05:23 PM
if youre a man and have a problem with your recruiter ask to speak to the officer in charge or the staff non- comissioned officer in charge. tell this person you are being "shat upon by your scumbag...

MarineWannabee
02-04-07, 05:27 PM
HOLY ****!!! AN ACTUAL ANSWER TO MY QUESTION!!!! And it only took 7 replies full of disrespect to get it. Thank you.

MarineWannabee
02-04-07, 05:35 PM
As for calling a Marine a scumbag...Men who deserve respect get called Sir, Men who talk **** and lie get called somthing else. Marine or not, you get what you give.

davecerami275
02-04-07, 05:36 PM
HOLY ****!!! AN ACTUAL ANSWER TO MY QUESTION!!!! And it only took 7 replies full of disrespect to get it. Thank you.

it is common fa(king sense,,,,, if you are not satisfied with the service you are receiving talk to the HMFIC

MarineWannabee
02-04-07, 05:45 PM
I had no idea who the boss was, as far as i knew he WAS the boss since he had his own office appart from the other recruiters.

davecerami275
02-04-07, 05:50 PM
just tell your recruiter,,, "hey scumbag liar i wish to speak to your boss" i am sure he will happily oblige

i am sure you have the balls to say this to his face

MarineWannabee
02-04-07, 06:04 PM
So now you're more or less daring me to call my recruiter a scumbag liar. Dude, you're like 40, grow up, you answered the question, now get lost.

Christ0ph
02-04-07, 06:12 PM
MarineWannabee, please join the Army. Disrespectful, immature, and uneducated snots like you will just bring down the Platoon in MCRD. I am disgusted by your attitude towards people who damn right deserve your utmost Respect. You are the scumbag around here.

:thumbdown

MarineWannabee
02-04-07, 06:14 PM
MarineWannabee, please join the Army. Disrespectful, immature, and unedcucated snots like you will just bring down the Platoon in MCRD.

:thumbdown

So, im a disrespectful, immature, and uneducated snot for fighting back against disrespectful, immature, and uneducated Marines. right.

Marine84
02-04-07, 06:25 PM
So, im a disrespectful, immature, and uneducated snot for fighting back against disrespectful, immature, and uneducated Marines. right.

WHOA!

INCOMING..............

davecerami275
02-04-07, 06:33 PM
[quote=MarineWannabee]So, im a disrespectful, immature, and uneducated snot

Immature YES " i would like to threaten them with my option to join the army

disrespectful YES "scumbags,, liars"

uneducated YES you sure cant fa(king spell '

MarineWannabee
02-04-07, 08:05 PM
[quote=MarineWannabee]So, im a disrespectful, immature, and uneducated snot

Immature YES " i would like to threaten them with my option to join the army

disrespectful YES "scumbags,, liars"

uneducated YES you sure cant fa(king spell '

Again,

Immature: "pleaze tell me u r taking a kouple of speling classez in kollege"

Disrespectful: "It sounds like you don't have the drive or motivation to be a Marine." or same as above

As for being uneducated, you try typing in the dark and getting every letter correct. And im not trying to "threaten" them so much as trying to get them to shape up. Whats wrong with being surprised at the attitudes of the men who represent what I believe to be one of the greatest organizations in American history?

davecerami275
02-04-07, 08:49 PM

ok,,, you got the answer you are looking for. the minute you referred to a brother of mine as a "scumbag liar" i lost every bit of respect for you. now go away an be all you can be in an army of one. by doing this you will screw your recruiter out of his $100,000 bonus.

SkilletsUSMC
02-04-07, 09:12 PM
So now you're more or less daring me to call my recruiter a scumbag liar. Dude, you're like 40, grow up, you answered the question, now get lost.

Your name fits you perfect because all you will ever be is a wannabe. If you cant handle **** talking NOW you will be destroyed upon stepping on the yellow foot prints.

You do not rate to call any Marine names or tell them to do anything. Most of these Marines here are combat VETS! We have walked the walk, and all you have ever done is watch US make history on TV. You dont even rate to be called a BOOT! You do not rate to scrub **** out of the heads at MCRD.

echo3oscar1833
02-04-07, 09:57 PM
MarineWannabee, to answer your question. If you drop out of college, that will not disqualify you from shipping to boot camp, you can ship out. Your recuiters will get credit once you actually...

JIPeterson
02-04-07, 11:23 PM
I may not have rated a rank yet but even I'm smart enough to know two things:

1. If you have a problem with anyone (example: recruiter) noticy you NCOIC or COIC. It even says that on the card that comes with your DEP package.

2. Never, EVER disrespect a serviceman or woman of any branch (that goes double for Marines) as it was said before, you haven't rated it yet to call someone in uniform a scumbag.

Not too hard college boy, and if it is too much to grasp. By all means go be ArmyWeak and stay the **** out of our way.

Echo_Four_Bravo
02-05-07, 12:46 AM
I really hope to find that this individual has been banned from this site. No need for this nonsense.

hmckinley
02-05-07, 04:14 AM
With a mouth going like a bell clapper, Mom and Dad must have sent him after a loaf of bread and moved while he was gone. Need's to get naked lay mirrow between his legs and see what he has, bet his a== ---e eats everything he sets on, it probably operates the other half of the brain.
Don't need this type in the few and the proud. Semper Fi!

SkilletsUSMC
02-05-07, 04:24 AM
Im actually a poolee with a shipdate in may but chose to signup as "Friend" since im skeptical about divulging that information.

secretive little **** too. He knew he was going to rock the boat from the get-go.

Mods, can we get his IP address. and call the recruitng offices in his area to find who ships in MAY. Ill do the leg work if you want to send me the info in a PM.

Semper Fi

hmckinley
02-05-07, 05:40 AM
Just everyone ignore this a$$ wipe and he won't exist anymore.
Semper Fi, SKILLETS

Dzoavits
02-05-07, 05:45 AM
If you've wanted to be a Marine all your life why are you worried about what recruiters try to sell you? It shouldn't matter, your only ambition should be to earn the title of Marine.

So here i am asking questions about the biggest decision of my life, and these guys are screwing around with the man im asking.
It sounds like your recruiters were having some fun, the way you paint the picture you seem too sensitive. You are right to take the deciscion of joining the Marine Corps seriously, but really if you have to think more than 2 seconds about joining, it probably isn't the right choice.

i'd like to threaten them with my option to sign on with the ARMY. If you really wanted to be Marine your commitment should be so much that the only reason you would consider the Army is failure to be accepted into the Marine Corps. It sounds like both choices are viable in your mind, and from what I can tell you might fit the Army better. There is nothing wrong with the Army though, it could be the place for you.

Also im getting chewed out about not attending the poolee functions, but the thing is im going to college for my 15 credits but work interfiers.
If you can't handle being chewed out for not attending meetings you probably wont last long in Bootcamp. That's not to say you are weak physically, but mentally you're showing yourself to be too sensitive. It also doesn't help with these sarcastic and hotheaded responses...

Marine or not, you get what you give.
Picture someone saying this to your brother or someone you respect. I hope you can get a handle on yourself and realize how obnoxious this sounds.

If the recruiters have done or said something to you that is seriously wrong you haven't shown it so far. If you have something that might change our minds you should show it. Otherwise you're overstepping your bounds showing much disrespect to the title each one of your recruiters have earned.

MotivatorOfTheGuard
02-05-07, 08:02 AM
lol, and you know that kid was an online gamer. PROOF: He's sold everything he had to pay for 15 credits worth of college classes...except his computer. Hmmm, the plot thickens.
Semper Fi Marines!

Marine84
02-05-07, 08:26 AM
Ignore button .........................ON.

thezero
02-05-07, 08:26 AM
[QUOTE=MarineWannabee][quote=davecerami275]

As for being uneducated, you try typing in the dark and getting every letter correct. And im not trying to "threaten" them so much as trying to get them to shape up.

Wow I never knew that typing in the dark was hard, especially with a DELETE KEY to CORRECT mistakes

And trying to get them to shape up, why dont you double check yourself, if they are just trying to recruit you to get a "bonus" which is a myth, find another recruiting office, or a phone number to a different recruiter. With your disrespect to the Recruiters, ALONG with the Corps, you should be smart, shut up and hope for gods fogiveness that your current recruiters or any Marine in your area teach you that respect :evilgrin:

Just my opinion:banana:

killerinstinct
02-05-07, 08:30 AM

HAHAHA. wat joo meen?

thezero
02-05-07, 08:30 AM
lol, and you know that kid was an online gamer. PROOF: He's sold everything he had to pay for 15 credits worth of college classes...except his computer. Hmmm, the plot thickens.
Semper Fi Marines!

Your being to nice most online gamers know how to type in the dark because they know there keyboard like the back of there hand. He probably uses his computer for other things:scared:

To the Marines, just PM me if this is out of line, I would like to keep myself out of trouble:D

killerinstinct
02-05-07, 08:31 AM
Semper Fi Marines!

hey hey i was a bks rat nothing wrong with a little EQ, WOW, and the new Vanguard.

But id /ex anyday when a keg presents itself:beer:

PerXes
02-05-07, 08:44 AM
1. If you have a problem with anyone (example: recruiter) noticy you NCOIC or COIC. It even says that on the card that comes with your DEP package.

Just thought I'd let any poolee know that this isn't how it works in the real world. You never ever go to your CO with a problem. Not even really the NCOIC, although Platoon Sergeant isn't bad. The first person you should talk to is your squad leader, though. You don't want your squad leader/platoon sergeant to hear about your problem from the CO, that's definitely stabbing them in the back.

echo3oscar1833
02-05-07, 09:38 AM
I may not have rated a rank yet but even I'm smart enough to know two things:

2. Never, EVER disrespect a serviceman or woman of any branch (that goes double for Marines) as it was said before, you haven't rated it yet to call someone in uniform a scumbag.

Not too hard college boy, and if it is too much to grasp. By all means go be ArmyWeak and stay the **** out of our way.

Hey!! JIPeterson If you looked above right before you posted this you will have noticed that I have posted these two rules in a list, along with about 4 others. No no need to repeat something that a Marine has posted kinda disrespecting to me when I already said it. You made it look like my word and opinion as a Marine dosnt mean ****, but yours as a Poolee does. All I will say is attention to detail next time. Thats an order!!!

MotivatorOfTheGuard
02-05-07, 09:49 AM
hey hey i was a bks rat nothing wrong with a little EQ, WOW, and the new Vanguard.

But id /ex anyday when a keg presents itself:beer:

Not trying to say anything negative towards you my brother. i actually am a fan of BF2, COD, First to Fight, but in this guy's case, i think it contributed to his downfall. he probably told all of his friends how he pwn3d the Marine Corps. What a Loser, trying to belittle my beloved Corps!

-On a sidenote killerinstict, my wife yells at me when i play computer games, so, i'm a bit embittered. Semper Fi!

echo3oscar1833
02-05-07, 10:21 AM
You would be correct there young Devil Dog. Definetly in the Fleet dont ever bypass your Corporals or Sgts, unless its an extreme situation to where you couldnt go to them. However it dosnt always...

ElDiablo
02-05-07, 11:06 AM
Wow...this guy definetly has problems. If he's calling his recruiters scumbags and sh*t...I wonder what he'd call his DI when he gets yelled at...now that would be fun to see...lol...:)anyway...how 'bought that SuperBowl? lol...

MotivatorOfTheGuard
02-05-07, 11:30 AM
Just curious whats your MOS, if I had to guess I would say something in the Air Wing, or Support (Admin, Supply, etc.) I only ask you seem like a pretty smart guy.

I disagree, when i was with a ground unit in Camp Pendleton they seemed to have a much better understanding of how to "utilize your chain of command" much better than in the air wing. I don't think it has much to do with smarts, just procedures. Now that i'm in the air wing, i find it rather peculiour that the age old structure i was so used to in CAMPEN, had faded into a much more relaxed state.

GI JOE
02-05-07, 11:40 AM
Wannabee his name tells the whole story go to the Army scum bucket and don’t look back because the Marines are too good for a loser like you.

CHICAGO BEARS GOT ROBED<O:p</O:p

davecerami275
02-05-07, 11:49 AM
this kid had me so pi$$ed off yesterday i did not know whether to stop, $hite , or go blind

ElDiablo
02-05-07, 11:49 AM
Yeah...with an attitude like that...he probably wont get very far...and yeah...the bears definetly should have won...

PerXes
02-05-07, 12:03 PM
Just curious whats your MOS, if I had to guess I would say something in the Air Wing, or Support (Admin, Supply, etc.) I only ask you seem like a pretty smart guy.

I'm a Combat Engineer.

echo3oscar1833
02-05-07, 12:17 PM
Lol well I guess I was somewhat close you are technacally Combat Support. Are you still in schools BN. If so Id bet to say your at Courthouse Bay next door To 2nd Assault Amphibian Bn. which is my old Bn. Go say hi to Bravo Company for me lol. Good luck on your next three years Devil Dog. Semper Fi!!

SkilletsUSMC
02-05-07, 01:32 PM

So what the hell is THAT supposed to mean?

echo3oscar1833
02-05-07, 02:06 PM

It has nothing to do with infantry or infantry support being stupid lol. Hell Im an Amtraker myself I went were the infantry went. I was mainly meaning more on an ASVAB type score level lol. You know the higher the ASVAB the more technical and Highspeed. Such as Computers, Aviation Electronics. Now dont get me wrong I have seen alot of Infantry Marines that had high ASVAB scores and they did it just because thats what they wanted. Im not saying Infantry guys are dumb if thats what you are thinking. Your reading into it to much. LOL

echo3oscar1833
02-05-07, 02:07 PM
It has nothing to do with infantry or infantry support being stupid lol. Hell Im an Amtraker myself I went were the infantry went. I was mainly meaning more on an ASVAB type score level lol. You know the higher the ASVAB the more technical and Highspeed. Such as Computers, Aviation Electronics. Now dont get me wrong I have seen alot of Infantry Marines that had high ASVAB scores and they did it just because thats what they wanted. Im not saying Infantry guys are dumb if thats what you are thinking. Your reading into it to much. LOL

Sorry about the double post lol.

SkilletsUSMC
02-05-07, 02:09 PM
Its all gravy... You should know then that MOS doesnt mean smarts... We had a 0311 that had a masters degree.

echo3oscar1833
02-05-07, 02:16 PM
Its all gravy... You should know then that MOS doesnt mean smarts... We had a 0311 that had a masters degree.

I just said that lol, what was your MOS again:D

L0L just messin with ya Skillet I know your smart.:cool:

:flag:

yellowwing
02-05-07, 11:27 PM
[quote=davecerami275]
Again,

Immature: "pleaze tell me u r taking a kouple of speling classez in kollege"

Disrespectful: "It sounds like you don't have the drive or motivation to be a Marine." or same as above

As for being uneducated, you try typing in the dark and getting every letter correct. And im not trying to "threaten" them so much as trying to get them to shape up. Whats wrong with being surprised at the attitudes of the men who represent what I believe to be one of the greatest organizations in American history?
Feel free to try that trash at Burger King, you will not do it here. :mad:

jinelson
02-06-07, 02:47 PM
by MarineAintGonnaBe - Marine or not, you get what you give.

How true scumbag - later punk, much later!

Jim